International Disney Networks Thread Part 11

Markus Nelis

The only shows that are undubbed in Finnish now that are airing on Disney Channel are Bunk'd, Big City Greens and Ariel. We have really come a long way. I have to mainly thank Disney+. They're the reason why this much content has been dubbed.

MagiaDiWinx

I guess this is related to DC France: they still use the 2003-11 logo on Stitch Live at Disneyland Paris.
IMG_3062.jpeg

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Disney XD Poland have filed their accounts (submitted on 18th June 2024, for accounts up until September 2023) which is now on the UK's Companies House website.

- The company will have enough financial support for the next 12 months, profit has dropped however.
- Disney XD Poland is still 20% owned by AMC.

Reactions: J10

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Disney XD Poland have filed their accounts (submitted on 18th June 2024, for accounts up until September 2023) which is now on the UK's Companies House website.

- The company will have enough financial support for the next 12 months, profit has dropped however.
- Disney XD Poland is still 20% owned by AMC.

Imagine if AMC just forgot that they still own a tiny part of DXD Poland and that is what keeps it alive. It's one of the few DXD still around in Europe (with The Netherlands. At least for that there's the fact that it's a timesharing channel...)

RegularCapital

Staff member
In the Netherlands Disney owns only 50% of Disney XD. The rest is owned by TV10 B.V. (Talpa Network company)
Almost spot on, both Disney and Talpa own 50% each of TV 10 B.V., which is Disney XD and Veronica combined. Disney and Talpa have 100% control of their own airtime, although they share a single broadcasting license.

There was a 24 hour Disney XD Netherlands feed that was 100% owned by Disney, but has since closed.

Insidus

Almost spot on, both Disney and Talpa own 50% each of TV 10 B.V., which is Disney XD and Veronica combined. Disney and Talpa have 100% control of their own airtime, although they share a single broadcasting license.

There was a 24 hour Disney XD Netherlands feed that was 100% owned by Disney, but has since closed.
I do wish we more XD shows on Disney Channel outside of Lab Rats and Phineas And Ferb

MagiaDiWinx

I don't get why they made DXD be the terrestrial one when they were splitting up Jetix. DC would've made more sense because Spain (only one at the time) already had it terrestrial.

I know someone who is a Dutch and Spanish dual citizen, she gets free Disney everywhere!

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
I don't get why they made DXD be the terrestrial one when they were splitting up Jetix. DC would've made more sense because Spain (only one at the time) already had it terrestrial.

I know someone who is a Dutch and Spanish dual citizen, she gets free Disney everywhere!
It was probably cheaper to keep DXD as it shared the same frequency as Jetix did.

Francisque

It was probably cheaper to keep DXD as it shared the same frequency as Jetix did.
I imagine it costed more to move Disney Channel from a 24/7 paying channel to a 6:00-18:00 channel (maybe with 24 hour availability on paying) and have ALSO Disney XD 24/7 as an additional channel

Plus, the fact that it is a timeshare channel, means they could only play a limited amount of content, so I think it was clever to have Disney XD as the FTA timeshard channel and Disney Channel as the paying 24/7 operation

Plus, the previous Jetix viewers probably might have expected something similar to Jetix on the newer FTA Disney channel, and something out of touch with the Disney Channel brand but more similar to Disney XD

Plus part 2, they could still treat Disney XD as a kind of FTA Disney showcase

So again, overall, comprehensible; swapping brands isn't easy

Two Two's

I imagine it costed more to move Disney Channel from a 24/7 paying channel to a 6:00-18:00 channel (maybe with 24 hour availability on paying) and have ALSO Disney XD 24/7 as an additional channel

Plus, the fact that it is a timeshare channel, means they could only play a limited amount of content, so I think it was clever to have Disney XD as the FTA timeshard channel and Disney Channel as the paying 24/7 operation

Plus, the previous Jetix viewers probably might have expected something similar to Jetix on the newer FTA Disney channel, and something out of touch with the Disney Channel brand but more similar to Disney XD

Plus part 2, they could still treat Disney XD as a kind of FTA Disney showcase

So again, overall, comprehensible; swapping brands isn't easy

Part 2! Nice point!

That specifically explains why alot of the Disney content except more recent shows aired between the 6:00-18:00 timeslot whereas the acquired programs would air more towards the 19:30-21:00 slots.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Part 2! Nice point!

That specifically explains why alot of the Disney content except more recent shows aired between the 6:00-18:00 timeslot whereas the acquired programs would air more towards the 19:30-21:00 slots.
Also, for the acquired shows, they probably only needed the pay-TV rights and not the FTA rights. They probably aired them after 6pm to save money, as it would only be on the 24/7 pay-TV feed.

JulianRO

As long as Disney doesn't fully own the channels, or at least reach an agreement with the other shareholders, these last two Disney XD channels in Europe will continue to exist, despite them being just some "filling" channels nowadays.

Francisque

As long as Disney doesn't fully own the channels, or at least reach an agreement with the other shareholders, these last two Disney XD channels in Europe will continue to exist, despite them being just some "filling" channels nowadays.
Yeah, but I suppose Disney at London might be waiting to agree with AMC about something, so that it could get 100% ownership of Disney XD Poland

Not necessarily to shut it down (it depends on viewership), but obviously AMC has no say about this channel

Two Two's

Despite many feeds dropping the show in the late 2010s, Kid vs Kat still airs on the channel... I'm assuming they renewed the rights and still want to air the show since it gives them their EU quota.

JulianRO

Kid vs Kat was brieftly rerun on the CEE feed in October last year, when they had that "Time Machine" block where they did rerun multiple classic Disney shows.

Last edited:

MagiaDiWinx

Despite many feeds dropping the show in the late 2010s, Kid vs Kat still airs on the channel... I'm assuming they renewed the rights and still want to air the show since it gives them their EU quota.
DC France also randomly digs up old shows and reruns them because of their own quota to air not only EU- but French-produced shows. And Nick UK aired Winx Club constantly years after S7 ended (but never aired S8) just to fulfil the EU quota then immediately dumped it once Brexit happened. All kids' channels do this all the time.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts