International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

TSMetro64

Disney Channel Romania schedule for 1 - 7 Jul 2024.
Best Friends Forever marathon begins on Saturday, so Monsters at Work is replaced with Molly McGee and the programming for then was adapted.
DC.png

Francisque

Does anybody know which Disney Channel feed is in this video?
It seems not only Scandinavia aired Sweet Valley High on Disney Channel.
That was of course DC UK as stated before in 2001 I believe, and on credits they were advertising Caitlin's Way, which was also aired on DC in Italy

Since Caitlin's Way was aired at around 9:30pm, I believe Sweet Valley High also aired at around at that time
Before the staple double bill of Home Improvement at 10pm

So interesting DC Scandinavia ended up airing it in 2010

Markus Nelis

I was in Estonia again and yeah, Baltics will keep the Disney Channel EMEA feed permanentely. I thought the cable operators didn't know, hence why they haven't switched but it looks like this feed stays on purpose. Also they still have Disney Junior over there so there's the answer to Red Arrow's question from a few months ago. Honestly I'm not surprised. I can understand why Finland receives the Nordic feed. Swedish is our second official language after all. While they never cared for the Baltics so the feed that has no text at all on DC EMEA promos, it's all fine. Have a feed that's completely textless.

MagiaDiWinx

The first day of Toon Disney UK silhouette rebrand (and all Disney channels in general: Monday 26th of May, despite some sources saying the wrong thing about somewhen in March!) in 2003, which was a Half Term

You could still see some elements of the previous egg era popping up and being rearranged, plus faults with the DOG appearing at the wrong times
A new DOG technology was needed for all Disney channels, as the previous ones didn't have the one to disappear during breaks, which now was rather needed

Also, during this time and probably for a limited only, idents were used as random interpromos bumpers (which made sense for Toon Disney, as there were loads of them to choose from), at least at late night
Extreme nostalgia. I remember the +1 watermark was barely visible because they previously ran the channel by playing back the unwatermarked feed but got the layering wrong. There were many issues back then with the graphics like them just not coming back on after breaks.

The reason Cinemagic used to rely so much on DTV films (which are honestly WAYYYY overhated) was because those were the sort of films regularly in Toon Disney's rotation. It wasn't that different back then. Also, that stuff didn't exactly stop, it just moved to Disney Junior. They aired Tinker Bell and the Little Mermaid and Cinderella sequels a LOT starting in the 2000s and going on as late as the end of the 2010s. (Good for me cuz I love them.)

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Extreme nostalgia. I remember the +1 watermark was barely visible because they previously ran the channel by playing back the unwatermarked feed but got the layering wrong. There were many issues back then with the graphics like them just not coming back on after breaks.

The reason Cinemagic used to rely so much on DTV films (which are honestly WAYYYY overhated) was because those were the sort of films regularly in Toon Disney's rotation. It wasn't that different back then. Also, that stuff didn't exactly stop, it just moved to Disney Junior. They aired Tinker Bell and the Little Mermaid and Cinderella sequels a LOT starting in the 2000s and going on as late as the end of the 2010s. (Good for me cuz I love them.)
Disney Cinemagic here in Portugal also refused to air the original movies of those franchises and preferred the direct-to-video sequels. Disney being Disney

The first time The Lion King aired on TV here was on SIC in Christmas 2012, and the first Little Mermaid movie premiered on SIC in July 2014, Disney Channel in June 2017.

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
That's actually something that most Disney Channels (Even in the US with Toon Disney) did. I guess it's cheaper and more feasible to air these movies since they are a bargain

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
That's actually something that most Disney Channels (Even in the US with Toon Disney) did. I guess it's cheaper and more feasible to air these movies since they are a bargain
Useless fact, the last time The Thirteenth Year aired in Portugal was on Disney Cinemagic in like the third quarter of 2011 (or September?), it did air earlier that year in June on Disney Channel. Those were the days when DCOMs were mostly subtitled

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Useless fact, the last time The Thirteenth Year aired in Portugal was on Disney Cinemagic in like the third quarter of 2011 (or September?), it did air earlier that year in June on Disney Channel. Those were the days when DCOMs were mostly subtitled
Interesting! Were sitcoms also subtitled

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Interesting! Were sitcoms also subtitled
Starting from That's So Raven and Phil of the Future, live-action series were dubbed too. I remember seeing subtitled reruns of Lizzie McGuire in 2009. DCOMs not based on extant series were all subtitled, the ones based on series were dubbed, because they had their respective shows

RegularCapital

Staff member
3 days ago it stopped broadcasts, so, it was an error.
View attachment 309037

If it did broadcast, it wasn't an error, it's just knowing what was the purpose of it. Strange that both DigitalBitrate (which is usually highly accurate as they using scanning equipment) and KingOfSat reported it. Maybe Disney was doing some testing for a new channel on that satellite using one of the last two European Disney XD feeds as an example, who knows?

JulianRO

Disney won't relaunch Disney XD nowhere, let's be honest. They closed so many channels, why would they launch another Disney XD channel? Disney XD's times have passed long ago.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts