New summer bumpers, as seen on Disney Channel Nordic

Next bumpers:
vlcsnap-2024-06-07-22h45m26s939.png
vlcsnap-2024-06-07-22h45m53s394.png

vlcsnap-2024-06-07-22h46m38s846.png
vlcsnap-2024-06-07-22h46m04s605.png

Markus Nelis

TSMetro64

Disney Channel Romania schedule for 17 - 23 Jun 2024.
BGDCMC returns on weekend daytime. Miraculous marathon from 22 Jun all week long (1pm - 5pm EET).
Last week with Kiff (on weekdays) and Star vs the Forces of Evil.
DC.png

Francisque

Apparently Disney+ might quit Canal+ in France at the end of the year, since the agreements in place should come to an end

Hopefully this won't lead to the death of Disney Channel France too, but I expect Disney Junior France might well get the chop

Francisque

At this point do what Scandi is doing by splitting airtime between preschool and normal Disney Channel shows. Sounds more logical to me.
Which is what I suppose might well happen, not much emphasis is put on Disney Junior France anyway

That should've been strategy for Disney since day 1 after the Disney+ idea, but noooo, they've decided to shut down everything (and lose money in the process) in many countries, instead

RegularCapital

Staff member
Apparently Disney+ might quit Canal+ in France at the end of the year, since the agreements in place should come to an end

Hopefully this won't lead to the death of Disney Channel France too, but I expect Disney Junior France might well get the chop
Canal+ made a deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for Max (with Cartoon Network finally available for Canal+ viewers again), so I guess this is the replacement for Disney+.

I can think of a few future scenarios for Disney Channel in France:

1. The channel closes (as well as Disney Jr.) as the Canal+ deal has expired, other operator(s) may form a partnership(s) for Disney+ only.
2. Another operator gets channel exclusivity, however this is unlikely, as Canal+ is the largest in France which could sustain the existence of such a channel, with possibly SFR being the second closest.
3. Disney Channel is open to all providers again, however at a cost, Disney Junior might have to merge with Disney Channel, it might even appear on TNT (their version of DTT/Freeview).

According to KingOfSat, DigitalBitrate, Parabola.ca, and telesatellite, Disney XD has appeared on Eutelsat 9B for Greece, it might be an error, but I'm following this closely.

Francisque

@RegularCapital all interesting options, but launching on TNT for international operations is IMPOSSIBLE

By law, TNT channels have to be operated by a French or mostly European operator, which is why you won't see loads of American channels etc,. launching there

TNT is very tightly regulated, to the point channels even have to respect their "supposed target" (cible)

So, their only option is the likes of Free etc. but maybe they could find a solution, as Nat Geo channels are still profitable there

RegularCapital

Staff member
@RegularCapital all interesting options, but launching on TNT for international operations is IMPOSSIBLE

By law, TNT channels have to be operated by a French or mostly European operator, which is why you won't see loads of American channels etc,. launching there

TNT is very tightly regulated, to the point channels even have to respect their "supposed target" (cible)

So, their only option is the likes of Free etc. but maybe they could find a solution, as Nat Geo channels are still profitable there
Didn't realise that channels have to be of French/European origin on TNT, so TNT would have to be ruled out.

I don't know why, after 2018, the American and EMEA/European logos are not the same. While Europe/EMEA switched to the yellow logo in 2018, America was still the same. Currently, Disney text is black and Jr text is red. Why is it different in Europe/EMEA?
And now the Logokid Nightmare is over because

HB has a retro logo from the 70s refurbished for the future as a name in Europe (HQ in UK)

and PBS Kids had their logo redesigned by Lippincott to tie it together with the 2019 rebrand

and Now Disney Junior is now Disney Jr./D Jr. (LatAM, India, Japan and Canada might switch in the future)

Francisque

The first day of Toon Disney UK silhouette rebrand (and all Disney channels in general: Monday 26th of May, despite some sources saying the wrong thing about somewhen in March!) in 2003, which was a Half Term

You could still see some elements of the previous egg era popping up and being rearranged, plus faults with the DOG appearing at the wrong times
A new DOG technology was needed for all Disney channels, as the previous ones didn't have the one to disappear during breaks, which now was rather needed

Also, during this time and probably for a limited only, idents were used as random interpromos bumpers (which made sense for Toon Disney, as there were loads of them to choose from), at least at late night

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts