International Disney Networks Thread Part 11

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Were these the cities that had some sort of terrestrial coverage on analog?

On the day the subscription Disney channels left Russia, Disney Channel shut down its analog transmitter in Vladivostok, two months before the rename. Vladivostok is one of the seven cities listed here.

TVArchive

Were these the cities that had some sort of terrestrial coverage on analog?

On the day the subscription Disney channels left Russia, Disney Channel shut down its analog transmitter in Vladivostok, two months before the rename. Vladivostok is one of the seven cities listed here.
I don't know much about it, but Disney had 700+ operators and 763 cities. and the weather shows the major cities of Russia.
1000245644.jpg

In Belarus, the paid Disney broadcast in an analog, but with very poor quality. I personally remember, in 2010 they turned off the cable for a while, because I didn't do my homework).

Someone said that even Jetix was caught in Belarus on a small antenna.
Time 12:45. English subtitles are available

TVArchive

Is Solnce run by the foreign company that managed DC Russia?
No, the Sun belongs to 100% of the Russian company Media1, with the cooperation of Mercury Content. But most of the former Jetix/Disney employees work there, they switched to a new channel.

Disney Company and Media1 were partners from December 2011 to December 2022. They had a 7TV joint venture. Media1 was engaged in broadcasting (there was a Control Room). Disney was responsible for the broadcast grid, the purchase of content for the show, the management of program rights, as well as dubbing, production, marketing and on-air promo.

1000245776.jpg

Disney also stopped cooperating with Telecom Media (belongs NMG), they were engaged in the distribution of Fox, Fox Life, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild and Baby TV

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I don't know much about it, but Disney had 700+ operators and 763 cities. and the weather shows the major cities of Russia.
View attachment 310205
In Belarus, the paid Disney broadcast in an analog, but with very poor quality. I personally remember, in 2010 they turned off the cable for a while, because I didn't do my homework).

Someone said that even Jetix was caught in Belarus on a small antenna.
Time 12:45. English subtitles are available
My theory is that when the paid version shut down on December 31, 2011 and moved to terrestrial, it wasn't even carried in Belarus likely because the larger Russian terrestrial networks fall under rebroadcasting agreements. You have Belteleradio with NTV and RTR, ONT with Channel One and STV with Ren TV (I think also TV Center).

A few years ago (2020?) Belarus-2 aired Stitch on weekends. Yeah, the Stitch anime. This was when Disney Channel Russia was still alive

TVArchive

My theory is that when the paid version shut down on December 31, 2011 and moved to terrestrial, it wasn't even carried in Belarus likely because the larger Russian terrestrial networks fall under rebroadcasting agreements.
We lost the paid Disney somewhere in 2011, but at the beginning of 2012 I switched some function on the TV (samsung) and I got 2 lists of channels - cable and digital. There were many Russian channels in digital, including 2x2 and Disney. And it was possible to change the soundtracks, I watched CN and Nick in English for the sake of interest.

In autumn 2012, we connected the Russian "Tricolor TV" satellite, but in neighboring countries (for example, Belarus) he worked illegally, but many people got involved. From that moment on, I do not know what was happening at the local Belarusian operators. I only know that the popular operators "Zala" and "Voka" did not have free Disney.

I found news that confirms that there was a free Disney in Belarus until 2022. I can't say anything about other CIS countries, rather it wasn't there.

Under license, Disney had the right to broadcast outside Russia

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Disney Channel Russia didn't even have wide carriage outside of Russia as far as I'm aware of, Ukraine was served by the EET version of DC CEE until some agreement with 1+1 caused the end of this arrangement, and I don't think it was massively relayed in Central Asia, I need to do some research.

I think it was in Armenia on Ucom's service

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Also as far as I recall, Mongolia never had Disney Channel

Not even the Russian one or at least the Asian one

MagiaDiWinx

No, the Sun belongs to 100% of the Russian company Media1, with the cooperation of Mercury Content. But most of the former Jetix/Disney employees work there, they switched to a new channel.

Disney Company and Media1 were partners from December 2011 to December 2022. They had a 7TV joint venture. Media1 was engaged in broadcasting (there was a Control Room). Disney was responsible for the broadcast grid, the purchase of content for the show, the management of program rights, as well as dubbing, production, marketing and on-air promo.

View attachment 310232

Disney also stopped cooperating with Telecom Media (belongs NMG), they were engaged in the distribution of Fox, Fox Life, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild and Baby TV
I'm pretty sure it is in fact the same management but bought out…

Francisque

I remember Disney Kanal for Belarus, indeed

Definitely not Ukraine and some others

OT: How come many Russian channels have not learned not to be so loud?
Especially on advertising; it has a lot of these post-SECAM (which was used by Russia) effects even on digital

I don't see them anymore (not as much) on French channels, but yeah, on Russian ones it's still noticeable

Last edited:

TVArchive

Disney Channel Russia didn't even have wide carriage outside of Russia
When Disney became free, the channel was mostly available in Russia. This reminds me of the situation with 2x2, where it is available in Russia, and was available to several operators in Belarus, on 2x2, Belarusian advertising was inserted on the original feed. This year, it stopped broadcasting in Belarus, either the license ended or the Belarusian authorities took it away. They can do this too, Gulli and Tiji have their rights taken away and they are not available in Belarus.

it is very strange that the Russian Disney was responsible for this country
1000245842.jpg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Mongolia was there out of convenience especially considering that some of the terrestrial channels from Russia still have a sizeable viewership base and DC won't launch in China due to strict government restrictions.

IIRC in Tajikistan they prefer TV Bahoriston, who torrented some of Disney's shows in Russian.

Markus Nelis

Disney Channel Scandinavia schedule for September 2024. Monsters at Work and The Villains of Valley View leave. All slots will be replaced by Hamster & Gretel. Well, almost as the afternoon slot of Monsters at Work is going to Kiff which now gets a bouble slot. Sad to see another live-action show leave but it was expected as it has aired since April and the show is likely cancelled. Yep, Bunk'd also ends soon and we will be having a full animation channel 24/7 very soon.
1724701691867.png

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Disney Channel Scandinavia schedule for September 2024. Monsters at Work and The Villains of Valley View leave. All slots will be replaced by Hamster & Gretel. Well, almost as the afternoon slot of Monsters at Work is going to Kiff which now gets a bouble slot. Sad to see another live-action show leave but it was expected as it has aired since April and the show is likely cancelled. Yep, Bunk'd also ends soon and we will be having a full animation channel 24/7 very soon.
View attachment 310263
what is this block of "Disney Classics?"

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts