International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesuisJake

Abit of news today, Shareholders have approved the Shaw-Corus Deal. All it needs now is CRTC approval. Corus already owns La Chaine Disney, Disney Channel (Canada), Disney XD (Canada), Disney Junior (Canada) and CN to name a few.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/busines...approve-deal-to-buy-shaw-media-unit-1.3483414

Can you just imagine if Corus were to use one of Shaw's brands as their own for a new Disney service or a rebrand? Not to say it would happen but Corus would own ALOT. Movie Time is one channel that comes to mind.
I saw that in Corus's Press release today.Personally, I think the CRTC will easily approve this. Why? Because if the CRTC denies it, Shaw could argue about Bell Media's acquisition of Astral. I could easily see Corus turning a couple of Shaw's channels into French Disney XD and Disney Junior. The two that comes to mind, like you said; MovieTime because Corus just shut down Movie Central (Which by the way, Corus has more Disney Theatrical released movies airing now) and I don't think they want to reenter the buisness and also Dejaview because that channel is in need of a reboot. Another thing that could come is Corus could use one of the Shaw licenses to open up a French Nickelodeon which is long past overdue.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Spain will get Soy Luna on April 4th, Portugal will probably get it on that date. Let's wait for further information.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
Speaking of Soy Luna, is anybody who can get either the Latin America or Brazil feeds of Disney Channel going to let us know how the premiere goes? Let us know if there are any special promotions during the premiere episode. One thing the Disney Channels there might start promoting is Tini: El Gran Cambio de Violetta, a new movie from Disney of course starring Tini Stoessel. The movie has a slightly different title for Brazil's release: Tini - Depois de Violetta.

And the release date for Tini's movie is mostly around May 6, which initially confused me, because there's a much bigger release from Disney that day - Captain America: Civil War. Then I released most international markets are getting to see Captain America: Civil War the last week of April. (Fun fact: Free Comic Book Day is always the first Saturday in May in the U.S., so that's why the big Marvel movie is released here that weekend). However, there is one very notable exception. Italy is getting Captain America: Civil War two days before the U.S. release date on May 4, so Tini's movie release there has been pushed back by about a week.

Last edited:

JedEmily

Speaking of Soy Luna, is anybody who can get either the Latin America or Brazil feeds of Disney Channel going to let us know how the premiere goes? Let us know if there are any special promotions during the premiere episode. One thing the Disney Channels there might start promoting is Tini: El Gran Cambio de Violetta, a new movie from Disney of course starring Tini Stoessel. The movie has a slightly different title for Brazil's release: Tini - Depois de Violetta.

And the release date for Tini's movie is mostly around May 6, which initially confused me, because there's a much bigger release from Disney that day - Captain America: Civil War. Then I released most international markets are getting to see Captain America: Civil War the last week of April. (Fun fact: Free Comic Book Day is always the first Saturday in May in the U.S., so that's why the big Marvel movie is released here that weekend). However, there is one very notable exception. Italy is getting Captain America: Civil War two days before the U.S. release date on May 4, so Tini's movie release there has been pushed back by about a week.
I have got access to the Latino feed, however it's premiering at like 1AM my time

officialcanmrt

I save the new Disney Channel Turkey idents. Pre-school TV channel was Disney Channel Turkey. Because the Turkish Family Live-Action Finds Risk.

JesuisJake

La Chaine Disney premiering Liv and Maddie's Home Run-a-Rooney on Thursday, March 24, nearly 20 day before the US/English Canada premiere.

jfoley85

La Chaine Disney premiering Liv and Maddie's Home Run-a-Rooney on Thursday, March 24, nearly 20 day before the US/English Canada premiere.
Wow that is surprising !!!! Good for them !

Also, just to add I think more Canadians should be asking Disney Channel Canada to add the US Radio Disney station to their website. FACT: Family Channel used to have it on their website at family.ca but it has since disappeared since Corus took over Disney. No way to listen to it here now. I love the CDN DC but we should get this back again !

Link to the past: http://www.digitalhome.ca/2011/10/radio-disney-now-available-free-through-family-channel/

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
CITV in the UK is showing Fish Hooks on weekday mornings at 07:00, and they are airing the first season.

The only other European channel that I can think of that shows it is DC Scandinavia, but at night.

JesuisJake

Wow that is surprising !!!! Good for them !

Also, just to add I think more Canadians should be asking Disney Channel Canada to add the US Radio Disney station to their website. FACT: Family Channel used to have it on their website at family.ca but it has since disappeared since Corus took over Disney. No way to listen to it here now. I love the CDN DC but we should get this back again !

Link to the past: http://www.digitalhome.ca/2011/10/radio-disney-now-available-free-through-family-channel/
Speaking of the Radio Disney. This year, Disney is allowing French and English Canada to vote for the Radio Disney Music Awards.

jfoley85

So I called Sirius XM Radio. They can send me out a hand-held radio device that you use in conjuction with a regular Radio for at home listening. I have to have the regular radio set on FM all the time. $15.99 monthly for the primary satellite Radio Stations that includes Radio Disney. This is the only way we Canadians can listen to it ! Still think Radio Disney should be made available for free here again.

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...on-start-getting-children-excited-mood-49906/

Speaking of the Radio Disney. This year, Disney is allowing French and English Canada to vote for the Radio Disney Music Awards.

Well that's GREAT !!!!!

Last edited:

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
I've just found a rebranded continuity of DXD Asia in Thai language from boomid5611's YT channel. Note that the clip was recorded on February 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
There is hope for Soy Luna in English speaking countries, based upon an interview with Disney Channel Worldwide's Sean Cocchia in the MIPTV 2016 TV Kids issue from World Screen. The Soy Luna part is on page 65 where local productions that can air globally are discussed.

Disney Channel U.S. will premiere a DHX Media show from Canada called Backstage starting Friday. Based on the description of the series, IMO. it could be a trial run to see if telenovelas and similar programming would work airing on the U.S. Disney Channel.

And Disney Channel Europe is producing an English language show called The Lodge. Here are articles from the BBC and Irish Independent about it. It will be filmed in Northern Ireland. The BBC article describes it as a "musical drama," so it sounds like it has elements of a telenovela, but it is shorter than either Violetta's or Soy Luna's seasons. The Lodge will have 10 parts. It does not say if Disney Channel Latin America will pick up The Lodge, but I feel it is likely they will. I hope the Spanish speaking audiences aren't as risk averse to dubbed programs as it was going the other way for Violetta in the U.K., although the quality of the English dub for season 1 might have been a big problem there. Along with DC Latin America, to me, the U.S. Disney Channel appears more willing to air an English language speaking show like The Lodge than a Spanish speaking one like Soy Luna that would need to be subbed or dubbed, so The Lodge is more likely to air on TV in the U.S.

Last edited:

jfoley85

I rarely watch DHX's Family Channel anymore since DC launched here in Canada, I do know that The Gaming Show (In my Parents Garage) is shown on DXD in the US and Family CHRGD here in Canada. Backstage premiered on Family last Friday (18th) but I'm wondering why these programs are being shown on DC or DXD in the USA? Family isn't affliated with Disney anymore. Also, some other DC's from other parts I've heard airs The Next Step.

Last edited:

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
Here's the DHX Media press release for the international release of Backstage. It is essentially all of Disney Channel Europe, the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand. Notably absent from that press release is Disney Channel Latin America, with all the countries south of the U.S., although I also believe again that it is very likely DCLA will pick up Backstage if DC Europe did.

jfoley85

It is interesting, but makes me glad shows like this stay on Family Channel here. I wonder how well this will do with this particular show? The only shows I've watched on Family and CHRGD is re-runs of Malcom in the Middle and re-runs of Wingin It. Then I realized Shomi (Netflix's competitor here) has the entire series (MITM) and there is only so many re-runs you can watch of Wingin It.

Last edited:

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
A more thorough article about The Lodge has appeared on Belfast Live. It will air in 108 countries, which IMO likely means the U.S. and Latin American countries will be getting it. It will be produced by Zodiak Kids Studio, and funny enough, it says it will feature rock climbing, mountain biking, and kayaking. Did they want to outdo Soy Luna's roller skating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts