International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfoley85

A more thorough article about The Lodge has appeared on Belfast Live. It will air in 108 countries, which IMO likely means the U.S. and Latin American countries will be getting it. It will be produced by Zodiak Kids Studio, and funny enough, it says it will feature rock climbing, mountain biking, and kayaking. Did they want to outdo Soy Luna's roller skating?
Question is, if DC US picks up this show will it be on Family Channel (DHX) or DC Canada (Corus) to get the rights to this non Disney show if it comes here. DHX airs their own shows but they have picked up shows of course that weren't their own. I can see this being a DXD show in the US and a DXD or Family CHRGD show here.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Alex & Co. Next Bumper:
MeTQeiI.jpg

Boyster Next Bumper:
eh7LBo1.jpg

Easter Movies Endboard:
qog0k6i.jpg

jfoley85

The Shaw-Corus deal has been approved by the CRTC. Corus will now own EVEN MORE channels.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1042069

http://www.corusent.com/news/corus-entertainment-receives-crtc-approval-acquisition-shaw-media/

Corus will own the major coast to coast province market Network Global Television now being the biggest out of this deal. There is a Global Network in almost every province here. I'd like to see a Saturday line-up of Disney shows simular to what ABC used to do on Global. It very well could happen now, although who knows. Maybe they might use some of their channels to launch a French DXD or Disney Junior. Only time will tell !

Last edited:

JedEmily

A more thorough article about The Lodge has appeared on Belfast Live. It will air in 108 countries, which IMO likely means the U.S. and Latin American countries will be getting it. It will be produced by Zodiak Kids Studio, and funny enough, it says it will feature rock climbing, mountain biking, and kayaking. Did they want to outdo Soy Luna's roller skating?
The strange thing for me is that they're actually filming in Northern Ireland in the first place. Inspired by Game of Thrones probably?

JedEmily

Here's the DHX Media press release for the international release of Backstage. It is essentially all of Disney Channel Europe, the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand. Notably absent from that press release is Disney Channel Latin America, with all the countries south of the U.S., although I also believe again that it is very likely DCLA will pick up Backstage if DC Europe did.
DCUK did mention something to do with this show on their Instagram

jfoley85

Radio Disney just announced that DC USA will soon be holding auditions for High School Musical 4 !!!! The offical DC talent search in the US is underway ! Listening to ithe station now !

Last edited:

jfoley85

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Jake & Neverland Pirates Next Bumper:

Hv89dJV.jpg

Interestingly enough, the Lion Guard is one of the few shows after a long time to have an English endboard:

YHFRTN1.jpg

mODON2u.jpg

It's nice and all, but just split us already. Please. And HD. This year finally I hope.

Francisque

DC CZ/HU is only going to localise if the channel is relatively successful in both the countries it caters.. otherwise, I can't see it

But I could see the channel catering a bit more the market which is more successful

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
@Checkerboard: Remember when RandomMe was hoping for a Portuguese Cartoon Network? Now he's missing the old one.
DC CEE is great. If they ever launch a DC CZ, it probably won't be as good as DC CEE.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The RDMAs were first transmitted on DC PT in 2014, yet without the possibility to vote. They weren't transmitted in 2015, but they will air them this year, and the user can vote.

Francisque

You're right.. I've just discovered from external sources (esp. kingofsat website) it is

For some reasons they put there schedules of unrelated channels like MTV Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts