International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesuisJake

Corus Entertainment got CRTC Approval to take over Shaw and already changed their logo and added all of Shaw's press releases (Which was mostly Big Brother Canada spoilers) which means we are one step closer to finding out what Corus will do with those extra channels. Launch Disney Junior+XD in French? Will Corus find ACTUAL decent shows to show on their channels. Will they stop airing Just for Laughs:Gags on Disney Channel Canada and show it on Dejaview (Since it's such a classic) Only time will tell!

jfoley85

They could relaunch the Québecois Disney Junior under new ownership! Maybe Disney XD and CN Québec! Who knows.

I'd say that's what they will eventually do....When Astral owned Family Channel here they had a French version of Disney Junior and it is now rebranded as Telemagino since DHX took over. Lots of people will want this and a french DXD and CN would be interesting.

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
I think the current schedule of both DC & DJ Korea are getting weird these days. Can you imagine that Zip Zip airs on DJ? Well, that is literally happening on DJ Korea right now and it makes me almost freak out! What do you think of that damn (Daniel ) situation?

Speaking of DJ Korea, they just became the first DJ feed in Asia to premiere PJ Masks (출동! 파자마 삼총사) today. Here's the promo featuring the opening theme in Korean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@ltw9719: Here in Portugal, Disney Junior has never aired a third-party show that also aired on Disney Channel at the same time. The Korean situation is bordering on the insane.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I think the current schedule of both DC & DJ Korea are getting weird these days. Can you imagine that Zip Zip airs on DJ? Well, that is literally happening on DJ Korea right now and it makes me almost freak out! What do you think of that damn (Daniel ) situation?

Speaking of DJ Korea, they just became the first DJ feed in Asia to premiere PJ Masks (출동! 파자마 삼총사) today. Here's the promo featuring the opening theme in Korean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our DXD is airing The 7D, which kinda makes sense.

Is Zip Zip that ''edgy'' for pre-schoolers?

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
Today is the big day for Spain and Portugal as Soy Luna makes its debut tonight.

I'm not sure if this is entirely Disney Channel related, but if you've ever wondered if there's a "Violetta effect" on other European live-action productions, then take a look at Rainbow's (the Winx Club company) new show. It used to be called My American Friend, now it's titled Maggie & Bianca: Fashion Friends, with a new Kidscreen article mentioning a new book deal for the show today. Naming the show after the main characters does feel like it was done because of Violetta IMO. Again, I haven't seen if this show will air on Disney's or Nickelodeon's outlets in Europe, although should Rainbow choose Nick, they can look forward to a ton of merchandise competition from Soy Luna in Europe.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Tommy Lawson: DC PT has had a countdown to it on screen for a few days now. I've heard some of the show's dub via promos for it and it doesn't look well, probably because of the cheap Portuguese voices.

JesuisJake

I'd say that's what they will eventually do....When Astral owned Family Channel here they had a French version of Disney Junior and it is now rebranded as Telemagino since DHX took over. Lots of people will want this and a french DXD and CN would be interesting.
Actually, I think it would be more likely that Corus would launch Nickelodeon in French before Cartoon Network is even considered. This is mostly due to Corus having Nickelodeon rights in French for years and Bell Media has been stealing most of Nickelodeon's rights for years on Vrak. However, a French Cartoon Network is very possible in the future. I could see Corus launching it under their Corus Mèdia brand with Historia, Sèries+, Tèlétoon and La Chaîne Disney.

BloggerHU

Coming in May to Disney Channel HU/CZ:

Kirby Buckets
Supa Strikas
RDMA 2016
and others.

Later this week I will post the premiere list.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
If you wanted to know if Soy Luna is doing well in the ratings in Latin America, Teletrece a.k.a. T13 in Chile, has your answer in a new article. Just know that "éxito" can translate to the word "success" in English, and you'll have a very good idea what the article is about. I found it interesting to read that Soy Luna was trending in Italy and Spain, even though the show had yet to air in either country when it first aired in Latin America. Soy Luna just started this week in Spain, and I believe Italy is still waiting for the show.

Last edited:

Casper17

Disney Channel, Disney XD & Disney Junior April 2016 Highlights On My Blogspot
prsdube16.blogspot.com/

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Refresh imminent?

NiqQ5Rv.jpg

JesuisJake

I have also found this on Channel Canada about Corus channels, and Disney Channel is briefly mentioned. There are not a lot of statistics in the article, but it does give an idea how each channel is doing.
Corus also explained in a Press Release that came out on the 1st of April about all of it's children's channels in Canada and placed Disney Channel second behind YTV in the 9-14 category. I assume it's doing quite well since Disney is very popular in Canada.

(EDIT: Oops that's the same press release as the one I was talking about before)

alonsosaca98

Animation Variation
Breaking news! Miraculous Ladybug will officially premiere on Disney Channel Latin America on May 16, with premiere preview on 6th and 14th of the same month. The name of the show will be the same as in Spain (Prodigiosa: las Aventuras de Ladybug).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts