International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

officialcanmrt

Today , in Turkey;
- Turkisht National Sovereignty and Children's Day.

I record Disney Channel Turkey 23/04/2016 (Turkish Children's Day) Continuity:

Disney Channel Turkey Magical Weekends (this weekend) Promo & Children Day ident

Disney Channel Turkey NEW Magical Weekends Reklam ident:

alonsosaca98

Animation Variation
DC PT has only two movies a week during the regular season. As I said, the back catalog is mostly just DreamWorks titles along with some Disney movies, plus DCOMs are getting rarer now, and now all non-show based DCOMs are dubbed.

But 31 movies on the Latin American feeds? This isn't Disney Cinemagic! (though they have/had a block called "Cinemágico").

Disney Cinemagic PT, in their last phase, had 8 movies a day. And all of this every day of the week. So 8 × 7 = a grand total of 56 movies! That was a lot more than DC LA at present (though in this case, it was a movie channel complemented by some old Disney shows and theatrical shorts). This was the promo:

But I still like Disney Channel Latin America, basically for the overnight schedule. And also DC Scandinavia, see what I mean?
We used to have a block based on Disney Cinemagic, but got dropped right after the 2014 rebrand. Now we have two blocks: "Disney Channel Movie" and "El Maravilloso Mundo de Disney". But jeez, Disney Channel LA has been always filled with movies without a good reason.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
We used to have The Wonderful World of Disney back when Disney Channel was a paid service like most of the world at the time, and it aired at 20:00.

Also, did DC LA drop the Disney Junior block because of the linear channel's current large-scale availability and popularity? That happened to DC PT in 2013 and I liked the decision.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Decko is airing Timon & Pumbaa and it's in 16:9, which AFAIK is a first. Or has it aired elsewhere in widescreen already? Couldn't find any info on that.

alonsosaca98

Animation Variation
Also, did DC LA drop the Disney Junior block because of the linear channel's current large-scale availability and popularity? That happened to DC PT in 2013 and I liked the decision.
The Playhouse Disney Channel at that time wasn't so popular. It was like a pay-per-view channel inside the cable systems around Latin America. When the Disney Junior brand was launched, the rebranded channel went to basic cable (I don't know why tho) and got very advertised on the Disney Channel (in fact, the last advertisement for Disney Junior that I've seen was in March) and it's kinda popular right now.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Decko is airing Timon & Pumbaa and it's in 16:9, which AFAIK is a first. Or has it aired elsewhere in widescreen already? Couldn't find any info on that.
Some time back we got to see screenshots via DVDizzy of the remastered The Little Mermaid TV series on Netflix in Norway. Maybe Disney is doing that to their other 90s shows?
The Playhouse Disney Channel at that time wasn't so popular. It was like a pay-per-view channel inside the cable systems around Latin America. When the Disney Junior brand was launched, the rebranded channel went to basic cable (I don't know why tho) and got very advertised on the Disney Channel (in fact, the last advertisement for Disney Junior that I've seen was in March) and it's kinda popular right now.
The same was true to Portugal. When Disney Channel launched in November 2001, it was a paid channel like in most of the world (in the USA it was already switching to basic cable). Playhouse Disney was added a while as a block.

Many years have passed and after taking the step of shutting down Disney Cinemagic and wasting the HD feed of it (instead of being reused by Disney Channel), NOS exclusively launched Disney Junior as a linear channels as part of their more advanced packages. Then, surprise! The channel expanded to other providers and became an instant success. Some providers even have it on their basic offer. By June 2013 it was already made available on MEO and DC PT proceeded to remove the block.

Now some rare gems from Disney on Portuguese television:
Videos of Clube Disney (the logo said "Disney Club") when it aired on RTP 1 and 2. The logo and the graphics were also used on the Russian and Brazilian blocks:
Here's the launch promo of Disney Kids from December 2001. This marked the end of Disney in full on RTP. Now that SIC stopped having Disney blocks, I really wish there was one on RTP. RTP 2 could benefit from that. The first Disney Kids logo was based on the Disney Club one:
And here's DC PT's launch ad, from 2001!:

dclover

ohhh. so, it's not 3:4 cropping?

do you maybe have some screenshots for comparison?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Disneys Jonge Garde is getting a second season, and they will make a new show called Just Like Me about five Dutch (or Flemish?) vloggers.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Here are some screenshots to give you an idea...

nWuEfOV.jpg

LDAK9EU.jpg

l3cSLoA.jpg

Last edited:

mariosjaque

Sólo un usuario más.
I tried to capture Boyster's Now bumper with the new branding from DXD LA airing on the normal programming instead of on XQSí:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@mariosjaque: In Portugal it's just "Rapaz-Ostra". The show recently entered the overnight schedule here because of European regulations.

DC Scandinavia, despite having six countries within the catchment area that belong to the EU, doesn't air a lot of European shows at night. DC Portugal also operates to Angola and Mozambique, whose population is superior in numbers to that of Portugal, and they can't find a loophole out of it.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Isn't it shocking? DC PT is airing a promo for the 2016 RDMAs showing footage from the 2015 RDMAs as if they aired them!

JesuisJake

Disney Channel's 100th original movie, Further Adventures in Babysitting premieres June 24, at 8 PM EDT/PDT (9:30 NFL, 9 PM ATL, 7 CDT, 6 MDT + CST) followed by the premiere of Bizaardvark at 9:45 EST/PST on Disney Channel Canada. There will also be an exclusive 10 minute clip from the movie and the first Adventures in Babysitting on Disney Channel on Demand, Watch Disney Channel App and www.disneychannel.ca starting May 2, 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts