International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
These questions adapted to DC PT:
Do the channels have BUG? Or the logo is just in the series?
The but only appears during shows.
Why the CEE commericial bumper have RECLAME instead of Publicitate/Реклама?
DC PT has no break bumpers unlike their competitors. Also, for that question, there must be a feed split ahead. Sooner or later.
Do CH/HU has HD version? If no is it planned?
DC PT didn't re-use the HD feed of Disney Cinemagic for DC PT, so it's definetly not in the plans. A pain for one of the most-watched cable channels here.
Do CH/HU makes his own idents?
On DC PT, they don't make their own.

jfoley85

Yeah, I'm fond of the franchise. I know that Netflix or Shomi has the 3rd Movie on it here. I can't remember which one though at the moment....I have both.

EDIT: I checked it's on Shomi and not Netflix.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
CZ/HU - Stuck In The Middle endboard:

ifJyycH.jpg

It's a very long promo/music video.

jfoley85

I've seen it a few times, it's an alright show ! bought a 43 inch HDTV Thursday. My TV habits are alot more enjoyable now ! My Provider Bell Aliant which has Fibe Provides Disney Channel HD too !

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I noticed that Disney NL really likes the word "club". Just look at these Dutch titles...

House of Mouse => Mickeys Club
Goof Troop => Goof Club
Jungle Cubs => Jungleclub

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
bought a 43 inch HDTV Thursday. My TV habits are alot more enjoyable now ! My Provider Bell Aliant which has Fibe Provides Disney Channel HD too !
I have two Samsungs (from 2008 and 2009), both of them are 16:9, and here in Portugal, not even Disney is prepared for an HD situation.

My TV habits could be a lot more enjoyable if (and only if) Disney Channel PT improved their schedule to look like DC Scandinavia or DC Japan in the process.

Speaking of DC Japan, some months back they premiered Doraemon. However, the Doraemon they're playing is not the one that airs on TV Asahi's network, it's the Japanese dub of the American version.

This is probably in order to fulfil "bi-lingual programming" quotas. I don't know why, but they aired shows like Yumeiro Pâtissiére only in Japanese.

Checkerboard

Don't know if this is just a mistake, but if it's not it's a strong indication our feeds will soon finally split. Throughout the whole day there have been two ad breaks during breaks instead of just one. Instead of us sharing CZ & HU ads in one break there are now breaks for each country seperately - one ad break with only Czech ads -> promos -> one ad break with only Hungarian ads -> promos -> idents -> show. Could be some test.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Don't know if this is just a mistake, but if it's not it's a strong indication our feeds will soon finally split. Throughout the whole day there have been two ad breaks during breaks instead of just one. Instead of us sharing CZ & HU ads in one break there are now breaks for each country seperately - one ad break with only Czech ads -> promos -> one ad break with only Hungarian ads -> promos -> idents -> show. Could be some test.
But what are they going to do with Hungary, then?

I think it's more likely to get Nick CZ.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe it's a test to imitate the system used by DC Scandi?

Checkerboard

But what are they going to do with Hungary, then?

I think it's more likely to get Nick CZ.

It would get its own feed like us. I don't see why not. It would likely be poorer initially, but it would soon catch up. I see it similarly with Nick. I'm certain we will get both channels localized eventually. It's no longer a matter of 'if' but 'when'. That is the future and more and more channels are doing it, because localization can tremendously boost ratings. If Disney CZHU is treated as 2 different feeds online, at the same time being very healthy financially and having a demand for a split, I don't see a reason why it couldn't happen after 7 years on linear tv as well. I just can't see the coming HD feed being shared, sorry.

Maybe it's a test to imitate the system used by DC Scandi?

Could you elaborate?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Could you elaborate?
A hub feed with advertising for one country and two separate feeds for their respective countries. That's what happens in Scandinavia, with the main feed beinf for Sweden, Finland and the Baltics and the two other ones being for Denmark and Norway.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't know why you want separate feeds so badly. I would love to see something like CN NL/DE or DC NL/NU.

Heck, even CN FR/NL seems interesting, once all episodes of Angelo Rules have aired.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I would love to see something along the lines of DC Scandinavia and Portugal, but that is actually impossible.

Teaming up with DC Latin America is OK, but the amount of movies is what makes it feel exhausting, even if it makes a quarter of the day's schedule.

Or what about DC JP? They could bring us a couple of anime titles that never aired here, but it too is impossible.

If only there was a solution to improve the feed...

Francisque

@RegularCapital apparently the break you checked/recorded on Disney Junior was an "irregular" one: Disney decided to change the schedule just after I checked it

But now, are you able to check the ad break on either today or tomorrow (or for the whole week until Friday) between 4pm and 6pm (about 16:22, 16:52, 17:22, 17:52 to 16:30, 17:00, 17:30, 18:00; even just one) to see how they're able to fill this long external breaks, in order to keep the 30 minutes slots and not have an ad break in the middle? Again, I suppose they have ads+educational fillers, but I want a confirmation
Thanks a lot again :D

Do it with calm, don't worry about it :)

It goes also without saying I believe Disney Junior UK never had internal breaks because of its preschooler focus, just as the American counterpart..so I think they have always relied on some kind of fillers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts