"Justice League Infinity (2021 Mini-Series)" Comic Book Talkback (Spoilers)

Justice League Infinity, Season One - Rate and Discuss this DC Comics series!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
7/11: Okay, so in terms of new content, at the end of the trade paperback (yes, Amazon is wrong, it's a TPB not a hardcover), there's a 'From the Sketchbook of Ethen Beavers' section. There's designs+notes for Brainiac of Earth-X, Anti-Amazo, Darkfather, and Infinity-1 Javelin and 5 inks to colored selections like Flash running to the Metrotower and the final shot of the JL leaving for D.C. to fight Grodd.
Interesting stuff. It's nice to know the official names to some of the characters that went unnamed. I'll try to get a copy soon-ish.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
For future reference, assorted FAQ:

i. When does it takes place? A couple years after "Destroyer" but before "Justice League vs. The Fatal Five". Creator Spotlight J.M. DeMatteis Interview, 1:00:35-1:00:40 and 1:01:50-1:05:47

jamestuckertweetinfinitytimeline.jpg

ii. J.M. DeMatteis confirms the story title for Justice League Infinity was supposed to be "The Mirror Crack'd" as a nod to Alfred Tennyson's "The Lady of Shalott" but somehow the names got switched (but corrected late into the series' run).
J.M. DeMatteis Tweet

iii. Andrew Marino pitched a premise to James Tucker that intrigued him and he came on board. When Marino talked about the multiverse idea, Tucker remembered one of the thoughts the Justice League Unlimited crew had for an idea to send the League into space on a quest in case they were renewed again. Tucker saw kernels of that idea in Marino's pitch and J.M. DeMatteis fleshed it out.
CBR Article

iv. J.M. DeMatteis has ideas for a Justice League Infinity Season II that brings it back to Earth. wordballoon YouTube, 29:37 min. mark

For future reference, listing the main takeaways from the series:

1. Explains what happened to Amazo after "Wake the Dead," he stopped waiting and went off exploring galaxies and studying alien races and ancient civilizations.

2. Blue Beetle/Ted Kord, Mister Miracle, and Big Barda are now members of the Justice League.
*Previously, it was known Barda was eventually a member per "The Call"

3. The Apokolips civil war is now between Granny Goodness and Kalibak.
*Previously, Kalibak was imprisoned on Earth after "The Ties That Bind"

4. Aquaman is still on contact with the League
*Previously, last mentioned in "To Another Shore" withdrawing Atlantis from the World Assembly

5. Atom and Mr. Terrific have been working on upgrading the Javelin fleet

6. Lois Lane has been to the Watchtower previously

7. Infinity-1 Javelin was funded by Wayne Aerospace

8. Batman and Wonder Woman saved the multiverse with the Life Equation

9. Wonderbat possibly rekindled

10. Vixen breaks up with John Stewart

11. J'onn J'onzz returns to active duty with the League but takes on a new position as ambassador. He begins with Apokolips.

12. Blue Beetle knows Elongated Man and Flash's secret identities.

13. Grodd is back
*Previously, he was ejected into space in "Alive!"

14. Amazo gains a sibling and they leave to explore the multiverse.

(I meant to post this in 2022 but forgot about it sue me).

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts