"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
So just to keep this general Marvel/Disney+ thread up to date, here are the animation news from Comic-Con. All of these can be discussed on the Marvel Animation Forum.

Trailer for I Am Groot. 5 shorts premiere on August 10, then there will be 5 more released later on.

What If? season 2 premieres in early 2023, and they're already working on season 3.

X-Men '97 premieres in Fall 2023, and a second season was greenlit.

Marvel Zombies premieres in 2024 and will be rated "TV-MA".

Spider-Man: Freshman Year premieres in 2024 and its' second season will be titled Sophomore Year.

Also of note, Charlie Cox will guest-star as Daredevil on Spidey's show, and this will be his design. Might be relevant to his live-action look as well, which I presume we could see before the cartoon premieres.

Frontier

Staff member
What If? season 2 premieres in early 2023, and they're already working on season 3.
Will they have enough MCU content for season 3 stories? Maybe if they dive into the Disney+ shows...
X-Men '97 premieres in Fall 2023, and a second season was greenlit.
Yay, more X-Men content :D.
Marvel Zombies premieres in 2024 and will be rated "TV-MA".
I wonder if this means going all out on the content o_O.
Spider-Man: Freshman Year premieres in 2024 and its' second season will be titled Sophomore Year.

Also of note, Charlie Cox will guest-star as Daredevil on Spidey's show, and this will be his design. Might be relevant to his live-action look as well, which I presume we could see before the cartoon premieres.
So I guess this is to retcon the first time Spidey met Daredevil in the MCU pre-NWH...still no confirmation on Tom Holland though :confused:.

I mean, hey, we finally have Daredevil in a Spider-Man cartoon though :p.

The suit reminds me of the black and red DD suit from the Charles Soule run :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
News from Comic-Con.

Secret Invasion - Spring 2023
Echo - Summer 2023
Loki Season 2 - Summer 2023
Ironheart - Fall 2023
AgathaL Coven of Chaos - Winter 2023/2024
Daredevil: Born Again - Spring 2024
Wow, that's a whole lot once you see the list.
Born Again. Interesting... 18?!

They really showed a lot. DD at the end in black suit!

the greenman

Maybe they'll split up Daredevil's show into 2-3 seasons just to have it consistent with the other shows so far. :p
That's possible. However, I hope & cross my fingers that they might have some of the crew from the Netflix series. Possibly, just possibly, they learned to save money on filming (not just hallway fight scenes). Disney has had to have heard complaints of having too many episodes that were completely unneeded.

Interested in this as the 3rd season of the Netflix series was partly based on Born Again.
Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I do feel the comedy of the She Hulk trailer from "no just the normal amount of anger" Bruce observing Jen's 4th wall break, Jen talking with Wong, and She Hulk I guess at therapy are really good bits. I do kind of hope this doesn't have as much of a big arc as some of the other series as I think this would work better as one offs like maybe one ep is just on the training another then is on this case with Abomination and the other is Jen's social life with She Hulk. Either way looks good. Wish I hadn't been spoiled on the Daredevil tag especially when it was only a tease but still good.

Speaking of Daredevil yeah weird to have him have such a large season off the bat. I assume it's because well he already has proven he works as a TV series with longer formats though yeah curious how an 18 episode arc would work there.

Frontier

Staff member
AgathaL Coven of Chaos - Winter 2023/2024
With a title like that, it sounds like Agatha is going to form her own witch order o_O.
Daredevil: Born Again - Spring 2024
Daredevil returns in his own Disney+ epic :cool:.

Season 3 adapted some elements of Born Again, so I'm curious if this will be a direct adaption or just to refer to how Matt is being reborn in the MCU :).
I wonder if that's going to be split between two 9-episode seasons...
They really do a good job of capturing Jens' style of humor in this. Not even she's sure how the 4th wall breaks keep happening :anime:.

Has Bruce really let himself go or are they implying Jen is naturally stronger than him? Maybe because she's younger? It seems like he's deliberately isolated himself :confused:.

Seems like the centerpoint of the series is the trial of the Abomination, but I'm curious where Titania fits into it :ack:.

Daredevil :D.
Description of Secret Invasion portion of the Comic-Con panel. Possible spoilers since the footage hasn't been released online yet.
Rhodey makes the rounds :p.
They really showed a lot. DD at the end in black suit!
Black? I saw some yellow ;).

the greenman

Daredevil returns in his own Disney+ epic :cool:.

Season 3 adapted some elements of Born Again, so I'm curious if this will be a direct adaption or just to refer to how Matt is being reborn in the MCU :).

I wonder if that's going to be split between two 9-episode seasons...

Well, I would be shocked if they REALLY adapt Born Again. I mean they would really have to risk the censorship crowd and parent company. I could see them just alluding to somethings off screen, but no way I can see a proper adaptation. In fact I believe I read somewhere Woll talked to producers on her issues with Karen in that storyline. BTW, the actress had mysteriously posted a DD comic cover on her social media last year. I think she was ready for a comeback.

the greenman

Is the new Daredevil a reboot or Season 4? Please say MCU reboot.
From accounts, it seems like a slight reboot. However, not to say events from the Netflix series didn't occur to some degree. They will not say either way. Rumor is they recast Elektra. I personally want Ben Urich back if possible, so you know where I stand

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Elektra on Netflix was the worst. She ruined that entire show and Matt Murdock in particular. I want the Netflix stuff stricken from the record.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Is the new Daredevil a reboot or Season 4? Please say MCU reboot.
Yeah, right now, the closest answer I've seen is a bit of both. And we actually agree on this but hated the Netflix take on Elektra. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Black? I saw some yellow ;).
Got too excited and made a typo. Yeah, looked yellow and red.

EDIT: Marvel Studios clarified there was a typo on their Secret Invasion press. Rege-Jean Page is not in Secret Invasion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts