"Marvel's Spider-Man: Far From Home" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Filming starts in July in London, and it looks like Spidey will spend some time in other parts of the globe, other than New York.
That fits with what we've heard about Captain Stacy being an Interpol agent and the secret agent Femme Fatale character...and globe-trotting would certainly be something the last few Spider-Man movies haven't really done ;).

Although I wonder if that means the high school supporting cast is going to get underutilized again :sweat:?

Out of all of Spidey's Rogues, the only real international threat I can think of is Chameleon :evil:.

I also wonder if this might play into Peter's parents being spies in the comics o_O?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Heh, if his parents were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents...

Feige also hinted the two Avengers movies informs this story like Civil War did for Homecoming so there's that, too.

Frontier

Staff member
Heh, if his parents were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents...
And in comes Nick Fury with the reveal :p.

Now I'm wondering if the major Marvel hero who appears in this movie is Widow.
Feige also hinted the two Avengers movies informs this story like Civil War did for Homecoming so there's that, too.
I was curious about that too. Maybe Peter feels he needs to spread his reach with the loss of several heroes in the fight against Thanos, or something to that effect?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I was curious about that too. Maybe Peter feels he needs to spread his reach with the loss of several heroes in the fight against Thanos, or something to that effect?
4/22: But he'll still just be a teenager. Unless, at the end of Avengers 4, he ends of displaced in Europe? Eh, or on some summer school trip?

4/23: Feige reveals they chose the villain and he/she is connected to the locations.

Frontier

Staff member
4/22: But he'll still just be a teenager. Unless, at the end of Avengers 4, he ends of displaced in Europe? Eh, or on some summer school trip?
Or somebody pulls a Tony Stark on Peter again :p.
4/23: Feige reveals they chose the villain and he/she is connected to the locations.
I'm more and more getting the sense of Chameleon being the villain, because of any Spidey Rogue he would probably fit the most in several different foreign locations, and be someone Spidey has to really chase around the world :cool:.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
It's for the best. Considering his age, it would have been weird to see Peter against a possibly flirtatious character like Black Cat or whomever.

I mean, unless whoever the femme fatale was going to be was also a teen.

the greenman

It's for the best. Considering his age, it would have been weird to see Peter against a possibly flirtatious character like Black Cat or whomever.

I mean, unless whoever the femme fatale was going to be was also a teen.
If I remember correctly, Peter first ran into Felicia Hardy /Black Cat when he was already in college. The animated Spectacular Spider-Man had him face her when he was in High School, so there is a precedence to it in media.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I am kind of curious relationship-wise as to whether Peter will have a love interest in this movie or if they'll develop his relationship with Michelle more (if that is their intention).

I know there were rumors about Gwen being in the movie, though we haven't seen any elaboration on that.

Frontier

Staff member
Jake Gylenhall is in talks to play Mysterio. I guess the villain is revealed, and it’s awesome. I’ve wanted to see Mysterio onscreen for a long time.
I never would have pegged someone like Gylenhall as Mysterio, but it's pretty awesome that we're finally going to see him in a movie :D.

Can't wait to see what cool visuals they're able to produce with him, and how they adapt his costume. Domehead or bust :cool:.

the greenman

Vulture. Mysterio. Sinister 6.

Oh yes, Scorpion. . .

Attachments

• The-Magnificant-Seven-19602.jpg
    The-Magnificant-Seven-19602.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 56

Frontier

Staff member
Intriguing. I always wanted to see Mysterio, as well, but I'm not all in. They still should be cautious about villain stuffing.
Homecoming managed to make three Spidey foes work within one movie, four if you count a pre-Scorpion Mac Gargan, so I don't think too many villains will be an issue in this film.

Particularly so given I don't expect Toomes will have an active villain role in this film, and at best the only other active villain I can see in this film other then Mysterio is maybe Scorpion since they set him up.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Homecoming managed to make three Spidey foes work within one movie, four if you count a pre-Scorpion Mac Gargan, so I don't think too many villains will be an issue in this film.

Particularly so given I don't expect Toomes will have an active villain role in this film, and at best the only other active villain I can see in this film other then Mysterio is maybe Scorpion since they set him up.
I second this, I'd be surprised to see Toomes put on the Vulture costume in this movie: unless it's as an ally to Peter. He owes Spidey for saving his life, and I saw the end credit scene as a sign that Toomes wants to protect Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts