Maxwell Atoms is writing a Billy & Mandy movie.

Eldorado

But it could be possible that even if Billy And Mandy was revived for a Scooby Doo crossover movie, they could probably do it without Maxwell Atoms. I mean, the Scooby/Courage movie is being done without John R. Dilworth.
Actually, Maxwell WROTE a Halloween movie and even wanted to work on the Courage film until he found out Dilworth wasn't working on it. So it would be more than likely he'd have full control on a crossover film.

Light Lucario

Staff member
While I'm not a huge Billy and Mandy fan, their logic is a bit odd. Sure, kids wouldn't be that familiar with the series, but they could just easily put it on HBO Max for the long time fans of the series instead. Maybe they didn't feel like it was worthwhile to make a revival movie when I don't think that Billy and Mandy was one of their bigger hits, but the excuse feels a bit too much of a cop out in my opinion.

PM13

While I'm not a huge Billy and Mandy fan, their logic is a bit odd. Sure, kids wouldn't be that familiar with the series, but they could just easily put it on HBO Max for the long time fans of the series instead. Maybe they didn't feel like it was worthwhile to make a revival movie when I don't think that Billy and Mandy was one of their bigger hits, but the excuse feels a bit too much of a cop out in my opinion.
Maybe CN is only focused on one movie at a time. Like how they have the Gumball movie in production (even though it's produced in the UK)Maybe after it premieres it might be greenlit

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

They should've been honest with Maxwell Atoms and tell him that they simply aren't interested in continuing his series in any way, instead of coming out with this BS statement that makes them look even worse.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Actually, Maxwell WROTE a Halloween movie and even wanted to work on the Courage film until he found out John R. Dilworth wasn't working on it. So it would be more than likely he'd have full control on a crossover film.
I'm not sure. Cartoon Network has had rather questionable practices as of late. Plus, I want to mention that even though the Scooby/Courage movie is a crossover between a WB property and a Cartoon Network show, there are no Cartoon Network executives that worked on the movie. It's solely produced by Warner Brothers Animation. If there was somehow a Scooby Doo/Billy And Mandy crossover movie in the future, WB could very likely do it without Maxwell Atoms and Cartoon Network. Plus, he (Maxwell Atoms) left Warner Brothers in spring 2020.

Screenshot_20210915-053459.png

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
They should've been honest with Maxwell Atoms and tell him that they simply aren't interested in continuing his series in any way, instead of coming out with this BS statement that makes them look even worse.
Well, it was the truth. Cartoon Network currently has zero interest in catering nostalgia like Nickelodeon and Disney do. They only care about the current generation of children, which won't be interested in a movie like this. They also weren't interested in Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie, Legend of Korra and most other series that catered nostalgia.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Well, it was the truth. Cartoon Network currently has zero interest in catering nostalgia like Nickelodeon and Disney do. They only care about the current generation of children, which won't be interested in a movie like this. They also weren't interested in Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie, Legend of Korra and most other series that catered nostalgia.
Not really. As I said before, they claim kids don't, and wouldn't know about Billy and Mandy. This is blatantly untrue because the show is available on HBO Max, and you can easily make even more of today's kids know about Billy and Mandy, by putting the show on their app, other streaming services, and of course, by airing reruns of the show on their channel. It all depends on if they care or not, and they don't.

Dragnatek

So Maxwell Atoms revealed that he was fired from Cartoon Network. This makes a revival (at least one where he's working on it) a lot less unlikely now.

I can't help but read this in a joking manner seeing how Teen Titans Go is cartoon networks current big show. "Hateful fart cartoon" is a good way to describe TTG.

PM13

So Maxwell Atoms revealed that he was fired from Cartoon Network. This makes a revival (at least one where he's working on it) a lot less unlikely now.

Terrible news. Guess that means this thread is going close now.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

I'm sorry, his what? It's been a long time since I've seen Billy and Mandy, so maybe there's something I'm overlooking, but those aren't the words I would have used to describe it.

TFormersMarvel

I don't think he was fired from Cartoon Network specifically, but rather Adult Swim? I'm interpreting from the original question, which specifically asked about Adult Swim. The "Cartoon Network" was specifically referring to this president's perceived reputation of Maxwell Atoms' content, based on presumingly their own experiences.

Michael Ouweleen is currently Adult Swim's president, and out of all of the possible suspects (Tom Ascheim and Sam Register), he's been directly attached to Cartoon Network since 1996, including its advertising according to his LinkedIn.

Sam Register, who's currently Cartoon Network Studios' president, doesn't make sense to me. He's still President of Warner Bros. Animation, which means he would have had to sign off on Atoms' directorial contributions to Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo! and The Sword and the Scoob! without an issue.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I don't think he was fired from Cartoon Network specifically, but rather Adult Swim? I'm interpreting from the original question, which specifically asked about Adult Swim. The "Cartoon Network" was specifically referring to this president's perceived reputation of Maxwell Atoms' content, based on presumingly their own experiences.

Michael Ouweleen is currently Adult Swim's president, and out of all of the possible suspects (Tom Ascheim and Sam Register), he's been directly attached to Cartoon Network since 1996, including its advertising according to his LinkedIn.

Sam Register, who's currently Cartoon Network Studios' president, doesn't make sense to me. He's still President of Warner Bros. Animation, which means he would have had to sign off on Atoms' directorial contributions to Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo! and The Sword and the Scoob! without an issue.
I’m pretty sure it was Cartoon Network only because I’m not aware of him ever doing anything for Adult Swim, but now you mention it, maybe it wasn’t actually recent. I looked at Ouweleen’s LinkedIn and it says he was SVP development and programming in 2008, which I think is around when Atoms left CN, so maybe it happened then.

Perla Magica

Digital Love

Sad news, especially in the times where the current president of CN made the channel more family-friendly. This makes me think and wonder how great would this movie be if it was made by Adult Swim. I know it is not possible, but why not? ;)

becausepotatoes

The loudest and proudest
Oh wow. That really sucks. I do feel bad for Maxwell Atoms since I do think Billy and Mandy could make a comeback as a movie, whenever it be on either CN, AS, or Max (though personally, it had a good run anyways; then again, I haven't seen Billy and Mandy in a long time, so I wouldn't know). It's really disappointing to hear that CN execs throw Maxwell under the bus AGAIN (since after Underfist and before CN Real).

You know, as much I was disappointed that CN rejected Trick Moon, the more I think about it, at least I can understand why they had to do it. It was corporate restructuring that CN had to go through with AT&T; CN is now part of Warner Bros instead of Turner, old management had left and being replaced by new management, Christina Miller left and she was replaced Tom Aschiem, and Tom had new plans for CN going forward and he wasn't interested in picking up Trick Moon. Do I agree with it? No, but at least I can understand that.

But this? I find that very questionable to me. Like Infinity Train's cancelation levels of questionable. Not to mention, hypocrisy as well. You're perfectly fine to greenlight a Steve Urkel Christmas Special, yet when Maxwell Atoms wanted to do a Billy and Mandy movie, you're not accepting it? Like, are you freaking kidding me?!
View attachment 292277

You are the same freaking company that canceled Galactic Kids Next Door. You are the same freaking company who are not interested in more Courage projects( ok to be fair, Courage did came back with a Scooby-Doo crossover, but that's a different story). You are the same freaking company that greenlight a ''wonderful classic'' that was Powerpuff Girls 2016, which is in my opinion, the WORST reboot out of ANY cartoon I've ever seen, period (Then again, I blame CW for bringing it back, but once again, different discussion).

You're the same freaking company for trying out live action shows just to cashing in on Nick and Disney. We all never forgive and never forget that. Then again, you're the same freaking company greenlight live action shows RIGHT NOW (Family Mashup and Tweety Mysteries) all just because ''girls grown out of cartoons when they're older" or some BS like that. Are you for real, bruh?! This is ridiculous.

Sorry, if I come as a bit frustrated, but decisions like this is really confusing me. My heart goes out to Maxwell Atoms because this is not right for CN treated him like this and I do like Billy and Mandy as a kid.

Even though I still give Tom Aschiem the benefit of the doubt and at least he's not pulling a Stu Snyder on this one, but the decisions he made for the past year feels very questionable to me.
In terms of firing Atoms and trash talking Billy & Mandy, Michael Ouweleen is to blame for that.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
In terms of firing Atoms and calling Billy & Mandy a "hateful fart cartoon", Michael Ouweleen is to blame for that.
Oh really? If that's the case if Michael Ouweleen said that, then that's disappointing to hear that since I thought he'd be more professional than that.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts