"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

Mandouga

There’s also the Tom and Jerry series Filmation made as well.

In any case, considering their deal with Universal, who owns (?) Dreamworks Animation, which the Classic Media catalog (well, anything animated, anyway) is part of, I'd say anything from Filmation is a possibility.

That said, I’m being careful what I wish for. I mean, there’s still the issue of many of those shows still being the PAL versions, but that's another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
There’s also the Tom and Jerry series Filmation made as well.

In any case, considering their deal with Universal, who owns (?) Dreamworks Animation, which the Classic Media catalog (well, anything animated, anyway) is part of, I'd say anything from Filmation is a possibility.

That said, I’m being careful what I wish for. I mean, there’s still the issue of many of those shows still being the PAL versions, but that's another story.

There’s a good chance they’ll probably air the Filmation Tom and Jerry cartoon (select shorts are currently airing on Boomerang).

Moe

Do you think they’ll ever air the 1975 Tom and Jerry?
Yes if Weigel want it and they are streamable - can be seen on Boomerang streaming.

However, you likely to see Tom and Jerry Kids or Tales get on lineup first before 1975 series.

Mandouga

Maybe they can get that, and The Great Grape Ape Show, and air them together like when they originally aired. Heck, why not add “The Mumbly Cartoon Show” (which also aired with “Tom and Jerry '75”) as well?

Anyway, I saw something really strange on The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show. After the show's original Hanna-Barbera “box” logo, they showed the second version of the “swirling star” logo. I guess it’s based on an earlier re-release (early 1980's maybe)?

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
Do you think they’ll ever air the 1975 Tom and Jerry?

I mean…anything is possible.

I agree with Mandouga and hope that if they do air those cartoons, it would be via how they were originally shown alongside the Grape Ape cartoons on The Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape Show (I do know that Warner has at least one episode of that show with them, with it being released on one of those Saturday Morning DVD’s a decade ago). Though I wouldn’t really mind if they (alongside the Filmation Tom and Jerry’s and Droopy’s) would air alongside the classic ones on The Tom and Jerry Show (within reason of course).

As for Mumbly, I don’t really know how MeTV Toons would show his toons, considering they originally aired alongside repeats of Tom and Jerry and Grape Ape. Perhaps they could be used as filler or as part of a show like Cartoon All Stars?
Anyway, I saw something really strange on The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show. After the show's original Hanna-Barbera “box” logo, they showed the second version of the “swirling star” logo. I guess it’s based on an earlier re-release (early 1980's maybe)?

Don’t quote me on this but I’ve heard that the reason that the Swirling Star logo was added was due to WB mistakenly thinking that the Zooming H-B logo was part of the credits because of how the end theme continued under it (even though the logo clearly was not), causing them to add another logo. Again, this is only based off an unverified claim I’ve heard.

(On the subject, I’ve heard the orignal CBS broadcasts actually originally had the Screen Gems “S From Hell” after the Zooming H-B logo. This was due to The Flintstones still being under the ownership of Screen Gems at the time (similarly, Yogi’s Gang (and it’s pilot Yogi’s Ark Lark, which actually has the Screen Gems audio play under the Zooming H-B logo on modern prints…I’m not joking) and The Flintstones Comedy Hour also had the logo at the the originally (though in the latter’s case the only audio recording I know of from it’s original run lacks the Screen Gems logo’s audio (don’t know if this was the networks doing or not)))

Moe

Any schedule changes for MeTV Toons' fall lineup since there are new shows joining?
If there is schedule changes, some members like @LinusFan303 is going to post in here by now like he did with other Weigel networks.

If you haven't hear, so Weigel hasn't make announcement about lineup changes yet.

Weigel usually change their lineup in between September and October, also some changes for Christmas season on MeTV and possibly MeTV Toons.

MeTV+ will see their lineup changed in October, however with weak ads market, I don't expect to see more variety than right now for almost all Weigel networks since weak ads market make slightly difficult for Weigel to buy more syndicated rights or less profits, so it is not strong impact as streaming does.

Mandouga

Oh, MeTV Toons, WHYYYY?

Sorry for the Spongebob reference, but that was the only way I can describe my reaction to MeTV Toons going back to Scooby-Doo, Where Are You on August 31st. First they skip Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, then they skip the Scrapoy-Doo era. Yeah, yeah. I know that there are those who don’t like Scrappy-Doo, but I disagree with what MeTV Toons is doing…

…unless they're saving Scrapoy-Doo for after they finish The New Scooby-Doo Movies on their “Sunday Specials” block. On the one hand, there are four half hours; one hour short of a full five-day week of episodes. On the other hand, showing it this way may or may not take a “kajillion” years to get through everything.

I don’t know. It just seems inconsistent with trying to “keep the schedule fresh”. I guess we’ll just have to see…

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I mean, both Where Are You and The SD Show are very similar to the point where the final season of the latter was originally broadcast as a revival of the former.

Moe

Oh, MeTV Toons, WHYYYY?

Sorry for the Spongebob reference, but that was the only way I can describe my reaction to MeTV Toons going back to Scooby-Doo, Where Are You on August 31st. First they skip Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, then they skip the Scrapoy-Doo era. Yeah, yeah. I know that there are those who don’t like Scrappy-Doo, but I disagree with what MeTV Toons is doing…

…unless they're saving Scrapoy-Doo for after they finish The New Scooby-Doo Movies on their “Sunday Specials” block. On the one hand, there are four half hours; one hour short of a full five-day week of episodes. On the other hand, showing it this way may or may not take a “kajillion” years to get through everything.

I don’t know. It just seems inconsistent with trying to “keep the schedule fresh”. I guess we’ll just have to see…

Exactly, that how I feel about MeTV Toons.

I do think that weak ads market made Weigel to consider the numbers when they order syndicated rights of shows from studios, and maybe, they want to be simple with just two shows rotate in same slot, my guess, also you provided other reason in 2nd paragraph.

aegisrawks

Dont worry, its nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.

ToonRo

During Popeye, a promo for the original MeTV aired, featuring "cartoony" live-action characters.
A nice way to promote the original MeTV, lol

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Any schedule changes for MeTV Toons' fall lineup since there are new shows joining?
My assumption they will do pin prick things for Hallogivingmas time, they might be more willing to do marathons something that METV doesn't do really at all. For a change change, I'd think January. Just because it's only been on the air a month and bang on 2months next Monday. I don't think they are going to do anything of a massive change until then.
Oh, MeTV Toons, WHYYYY?

I'll give a good reason, it was summer time and etc. not everyone watches METV Toons everyday and some might have missed the channel for a various amount of reasons, so cycle back through just in case for that time. I think the Sunday afternoon slot will cycle through more. OG Scooby is the big cheese and the money shot so it's gonna have the prime slot more. The Flintstones feels like that's gonna be their MASH or Hogan's Heroes.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member

From this interview. It sounds like Weigel is waiting for restorations of Huckelberry Hound, Yogi Bear and other H-B shows before launching the block.

Sabin says it might come by the end of the year, so that's promising.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I saw a promo for Aftertoons (12pm) about fifteen minutes ago.

Don't tell me why, because I saw a clip of Casper (?) in the promo and it had a faint MDR (Middle German Broadcasting) bug in the corner of the video they found

I need to watch it again some time later and take a photograph of it

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts