"My Adventures With Superman" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
I just realized something about the finale title:

It's called "My Adventures with Supergirl" because the finale will be when Kara becomes Supergirl.
so considering clark's animesque power set, are we gearing up for a superman blue revival?
I'm expecting Brainaic to dramatically throw off his cape for the final battle :p.

Frontier

Staff member

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I feel like contemptible monster tends to be the default characterization Brainiac has gotten for decades.

I think Brainiac is presented as having free will because that makes him more vile and will make his defeat more emotionally satisfying.

He does seem to have more emotions than say DCAU Brainiac had, he laughs, he pretends to be concerned or disappointed, and he can express contempt for people like Jor-El.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Jake Wyatt gave a loose timeline of the show's start: Brendan Clogher and Jake Wyatt started developing the series in 2018. Max ordered a pilot in 2019. They finished writing the pilot with Josie Campbell in 2020. Work on a pilot animatic started in early 2020 and finished in early 2021. The series was greenlit in April 2021. Production began at the end of May 2021.
It's amazing how much time this process can take sometimes.

The show was in development when DC Universe was still a thing, before Max was around.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
From today's AMA:
My first audition was just a recording that I did on my phone while I was travelling (I was in Barcelona at the time), and that led to a zoom callback with Jake and the other creators/producers. About a week after the callback I got a call that I booked the role :) -KM

The main tenchi inspo in 206 was the thought projector she and Clark wear, with the little cheek symbols! I hadn't thought about the Ryoko parallels, but they're DEFINITELY there. Pretty sure Kara's storyline was originally Brendan's idea--Supergirl as Vegeta--but we're all so deep in the paint that every other Supergirl we've ever met has to be bleeding into this interpretation.

I would love to do a Mongol arc, I would love to see shirtless gladiator Superman, ideally across multiple episodes, sweating it out in front of a crowd. Imagine how shiny he could get?? We're always looking for that sweet spot between serving our relationship/character arcs and getting our superhero candy, but Mongol has been on the idea board for every season so far

The most challenging episode *I* wrote was 209, which I can't say much about... but it's a big swing with a lot of concepts that we had to get across in 22 minutes, while serving several different character arcs. Episodes with a bigger cast and scope to serve are always tricky. It was really rewarding though, and I ended up reworking a few things with the director, Jen Bennet, that I think came out a lot stronger

our new S3 Art Director, Austin Reinkens, is figuring out the literal character heights this week--we've been going off of relative scale until now. He's well over six feet tall, though. And thank you for enjoying the characters!

We WILL look in the Fortress. The original client in the pilot was Bruno Manheim but we had to cut that thread for time!

Alice Lee, who plays Lois Lane, would *FREQUENTLY* say "Spider-Man" instead of Superman for like MOST of Season One, and we all died EVERY TIM

We wanted Kara to be almost an Elseworlds, What-If version of Superman, and to examine the struggle of isolation from different circumstances--she's got so many origins, we felt comfortable being flexible.

My ideal number of seasons is five, maybe six, and then a movie.

brendan has such a good pitch for him, too [Mod Note: Batman]

We initially used "kneel" at the end of S1 to deliberately mislead you all... i hope it worked... and for Brainiac it's a power thing. He's reversing the pecking order. Your turn to kneel.

An interview with co-composer Daniel Futcher.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh, poor Jimmy.

Yet another mermaid reference. I'll be very surprised if they don't do a Lori Lemaris story in season 3.
6/29: It's interesting for sure. The show occasionally mentions mermaids and Atlantis and of course Lori was one of those names on the Flamebird livefeed in the Zero Day 2 parter. There's gotta be a plan. Jimmy wanted to catch Bigfoot and instead met Mallah. Could be something like that happening.

6/30: Jake Wyatt posted rough Livewire sketches done before Kris Anka came on and made the final design.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.
It's been 17 years and 17 days since the Problem Solverz pilot for Adult Swim (Neon Knome) was made! Even though I do prefer the final product, I think this pilot would make for a good series on [as].
Episode 2 of The Amazing Digital Circus just crossed the 100 million views mark!

I dont know if CNNickFan is a new member or an old one I didnt notice before but I loved their post on Jamie Kellner. A much needed voice of Reason

Featured Posts