wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Netflix Lands Exclusive Deal With Anime Studio Ponoc"​

d38jivf3.jpg

"Netflix just gave their anime division another boost by signing an exclusive deal with Studio Ponoc. Per the deal, Netflix will become the global distributor of Ponoc’s next few films outside Japan. But you probably have one question…who’s Ponoc?

The story goes like this: in 2014, Studio Ghibli announced it would be closing its doors. Yoshiaki Nishimura, who’d been working at the studio for many years, didn’t want to lose his occupation and rounded up some others to found a new animation studio to replace it. Then Ghibli decided not to shut down after all, but the “replacement” found its own place in the market."

Read the full article here.

Here's the trailer for their upcoming film "The Imaginary" (which, it now appears, will be coming to Netflix):

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts