The Guide and Thread For Free, Legally Streaming Anime: Volume II

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Crunchyroll is now streaming Voices of a Distant Star (subbed), 5 Centimeters per Second (subbed and dubbed) and Place Promised in Our Early Days episodes 1-4 (subbed).

Meanwhile, Hulu has added episode one of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, making it the first online site to legally stream the show. Plus, its subbed and uncut!

Meanwhile, Anime News Network has added a bunch of new anime, including all 3 episodes of .hack//Quantum (subbed), the first subbed episodes of 11 Eyes, Allison & Lillia, Angel Beats, Guin Saga, Infinite Stratos, Living for the Day After Tomorrow, Maria Holic Alive, Popotan, Samurai Girls, Shin Koihime Muso, Akane Iro Ni Somaru, and Un-Go.

Mandouga

Among a number of others, Azumanga Daioh has been added to Hulu. Two episodes have been added, however they're both dubbed, which means it's been licensed from The Anime Network (who had all 26 episodes, but were dubbed only*). I was kind of hoping it would be the subtitled versions. Oh well...

*I just checked TAN's website, and it's not on there anymore. Now I REALLY hope Hulu considers uploading the subtitled versions as well. To be honest, I don't know if I can support dub-only streaming...

EDIT: Strike that. It's still on there, but for some reason, it's just not listed. I had to manually enter the URL based on what the other URL's looked like when I put my mouse over them.

Vyse

Among a number of others, Azumanga Daioh has been added to Hulu. Two episodes have been added, however they're both dubbed, which means it's been licensed from The Anime Network (who had all 26 episodes, but were dubbed only*). I was kind of hoping it would be the subtitled versions. Oh well...

*I just checked TAN's website, and it's not on there anymore. Now I REALLY hope Hulu considers uploading the subtitled versions as well. To be honest, I don't know if I can support dub-only streaming...

EDIT: Strike that. It's still on there, but for some reason, it's just not listed. I had to manually enter the URL based on what the other URL's looked like when I put my mouse over them.
From the TAN forums:
Azumanga Daioh is in the process of being renewed. It has been temporarily removed from the online player.
Azumanga is one of those shows TAN has traditionally kept as a part of their premium service; they traditionally make the first two episodes free for all and now without registration since they began using Hulu embeds. Also, Azumanga has only been offered online in any legal capacity as dub-only.

BTW, Parasite Dolls has been removed from TAN.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
The first episodes of Demon King Daimou and Mezzo are currently free for download on iTunes. Get 'em while you can.

Mandouga

The first two episodes of the original Dirty Pair TV series are now available on Nozomi Entertainment's You Tube page. However, I don't recommend watching it unless you don't mind the ending sequence being completely replaced by a truncated 15-second-or-so English credit sequence that only plays a little bit of the ending theme (the fact that it's an older series [1985 to be exact] makes it all the worse, IMHO).

EDIT: I'm really sorry for not noticing this until now. I meant to say that they're on the company's You Tube page. Fixed.

Edited on my iPod Touch using Toon Zone

Last edited by a moderator:

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Another Sentai release has its first episode available for free on iTunes: Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. Apparently it's not a very good series, but I'm going to sample it to see for myself.

EDIT: Watched it. Wasn't great (I'm really not a fan of the character designs, for one thing), but on the other hand, I could relate to the main character being unable to find a job. Actually, I think this resonates more today than it did in 2004.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
The first episode of Rozen Maiden is temporarily available for free on iTunes. While I won't be downloading it (didn't really care for the series when all was said and done), it's yours if you want it.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Two episodes are currently free to download on iTunes:
-Fairy Tail
-Okami-san and Her Seven Companions

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Viki, a website that basically crowdsources translations, has a new & growling list of anime that's available worldwide. You can get a rundown here:

http://blog.viki.com/2012/05/08/watch-more-than-25-new-anime-titles/

The post neglected to list Dear Brother for some reason, but they have that too.

On another point, obviously the guide needs a MAJOR overhaul. Some other things have to come first so I'm not sure when I'll get to it yet, but it's going to happen.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Freebie bonanza!

Black Butler episode 1, Fairy Tail episode 1, FLCL episode 1, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood episode 1, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex episode 9, Gurren Lagann episode 1, Now and Then, Here and There episode 1, Ouran High School Host Club episode 1, and Trigun episode 1 are all currently available for free on iTunes. I already own the DVDs/BDs for most of these, but it'll be nice to have a "digital copy" of them too.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Some more free episodes available to download on iTunes, all courtesy of Viz:
-Buso Renkin episode 1
-Death Note episode 1
-Hikaru no Go episode 1
-Honey and Clover episode 1
-Nana episode 1
-Naruto episode 1
-Naruto Shippuden episode 1
-The Prince of Tennis episode 1
-Vampire Knight episode 1

Get 'em before they're gone! (well, not GONE, but go back to being priced)

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
The first episode of [C] Control is currently free to download on iTunes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts