"Netflix" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Well, looks like Netflix got officially crushed by competition.

Man, Netflix has going through a very rough time this year, but this added salt to the wound.
Uh...this competition has quite literally been eating up other competition and forming a Megazord.
"With [their] powers combined" it's 1 million more subscriptions.
It is quite the feat that in the few years of activity Disney+ is currently 68 million behind Netflix.

5YearsOnEastCoast

The Resident Evil series has been canceled after one season.
1661549740265.png

Moe

It looks like Netflix wouldn’t afford to producing the high quality, original series and they would be forced to rely on acquired contents.

Moe

There is no difference when you have to pay for Hulu, Peacock and Paramount+ with ads, also soon to be Disney+ as well.

Have ads won’t make content free to watch since ads revenues aren’t enough to cover on cost of productions.

Zorak Masaki

There is no difference when you have to pay for Hulu, Peacock and Paramount+ with ads, also soon to be Disney+ as well.

Have ads won’t make content free to watch since ads revenues aren’t enough to cover on cost of productions.
There is a free version of Peacock, but with less content.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Netflix's ad-supported tier launches November 3.

Interestingly, Netflix is partnering with Nielsen to track ratings for it's ad-tier service in 2023. What's old is new again.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Interestingly, Netflix is partnering with Nielsen to track ratings for it's ad-tier service in 2023. What's old is new again.

Hmm, that seems very interesting. Nielsen is partnering with Netflix. If this goes well, will other streaming services follow that path?

Otakuninja2006

Hmm, that seems very interesting. Nielsen is partnering with Netflix. If this goes well, will other streaming services follow that path?
Wow.....

That's sad....

And I got this gut feeling that this is a plan specifically to screw over animation and animation fans, or fans of any actually unique and good stuff as a whole.

Streaming might as well just become cable at this point, and that's moot because we already have cable.

Regardless, this doesn't look good at all.

Moe

I’m not fan of Nielsen and I do believe that Nielsen is responsible for destroying the schedule for cable TV, also not fair to creators who worked hard to make a great contents.

I’m all for break Nielsen up and I don’t want advertisers to know about me.

the greenman

I am curious just how much the ads sponsoring pull in.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Moe

I am curious just how much the ads sponsoring pull in.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Netflix hasn’t say about how many advertisers are going to sponsor yet, but I think it would be fast foods, restaurants, hotels, big pharma, basic products like Dove, stores like Walmart and Target and others - same like you saw on cable channels.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Netflix hasn’t say about how many advertisers are going to sponsor yet, but I think it would be fast foods, restaurants, hotels, big pharma, basic products like Dove, stores like Walmart and Target and others - same like you saw on cable channels.

I can't find the article that talked about this but basically, that's correct. No political ads.

The ad-supported tier officially launched today in the U.S. and select countries and there are some movies and tv shows missing at the moment due to licensing restrictions:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts