"Paramount+ (Streaming Service)" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
They did that with Caroline in the City a couple months back too, Sister Sister, Wings, and Moesha are fully on Pluto's on demand. With Sabrina, the full series is on Hulu and Prime Video, Paramount Plus was the worst place to watch it anyway, they were too cheap to pay the music rights and there are episodes that used licensed music. Pluto TV has the same seasons left on Paramount Plus and even they paid for the music rights.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
despite everything, two months ago, Paramount Global Content Distribution has inked a deal with MultiChoice to bring Paramount+ content to their services in sub-Saharan Africa.

the greenman

Paramount Minus continues...

So what is the reason for keeping some of the seasons back, but removing the later ones? The strikes? Coworker of mine said that the strikes are ongoing because a guy in her building hasn't been back to work yet. Don't know what his exact job was, but not an actor.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Paramount Plus (ad supported) streaming service will be free to Charter Subscribers, along with Bet Plus.

Also also, here's everything coming to Paramount Plus

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Paramount Plus (ad supported) streaming service will be free to Charter Subscribers, along with Bet Plus.

If Skydance buys Paramount Global, I hope this is also a prelude to Skydance someday taking over Charter as well. Charter has to pay off its debt first though.

Moe

Unlike Disney, Charter don't lose any Paramount owned channels that is welcoming news for Spectrum cable subscribers.

If Skydance buys Paramount Global, I hope this is also a prelude to Skydance someday taking over Charter as well. Charter has to pay off its debt first though.
Charter is likely to end up in bankruptcy in near future and their debt isn't getting better.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Unlike Disney, Charter don't lose any Paramount owned channels that is welcoming news for Spectrum cable subscribers.
That and Paramount really no sports channel to threaten cable companies over, CBS Sports Network is mostly lower tier sports which is fine to me they need exposure too. Disney wouldn't have dropped any channels with Spectrum if the NFL didn't yell at them the weekend before the Jets game to get something done.

• Agree
Reactions: Moe

PF9

Charter is likely to end up in bankruptcy in near future and their debt isn't getting better.
Skydance buying Charter could put Spectrum under new management and possibly lead to the lost Disney channels getting restored.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Skydance buying Charter could put Spectrum under new management and possibly lead to the lost Disney channels getting restored.
Charter wasn't the reason those channels were dropped, Disney made that choice because they had to get ESPN (and in some markets ABC) back on Spectrum by the Monday Night Football game planned. Disney had to fold and the were willing to cut off fingers to save the hand. They could have just cut the price like Spectrum wanted but they were stubborn.

Moe

Spectrum isn't only that is losing the cable TV subscribers, they are losing the internet subscribers because T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon became more aggressive with home internet, also Amazon is launching the fast satellite internet and Google is expanding the fiber optic hurt Charter and Comcast.

PF9

2 shows I can see Trey Parker and Matt Stone doing to expand their presence on Paramount+ beyond South Park are an Orville-style series homaging Star Wars, and an American remake of the BBC dark comedy anthology Inside No. 9 (the original version of which will soon air its final episode).

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter

Moe

The prices are going up again
For people with Premium will be paying $1 more, Ad version +$2 more (new subs August 20, older subs September 20)
They still won't be making money, so have fun with that.

Would be funny if my plan stays at $7 a month, for the first time it would be lower than the ads plan if it does.
Oh wow, I do think weak ads market is blamed for unusual extra price hikes on ads plan.

$2 hikes for ads plan is really surprising, so I do think that Disney+/Hulu may have a big hike on ads plan if weak ads market is problematic.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
And yes if you , like me, have the legacy limited commercials plan that is currently $7, it's gonna be $8. We had a raise last year that I just noticed.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts