Primos (Disney Show From Natasha Kline)

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
^^LS Mark's short was made before the tweet on the previous page was posted. If the latter is correct then the crew is still working on implementing the necessary changes, and it's being delayed not canceled.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Primos was pretty much a no-show at Annecy. LS Mark might be onto something.

I imagine it will be treated similar to how Cartoon Network treated Thundercats Roar. It'll get a muted push at first, and episodes will be burned off in increasingly unfavorable timeslots to increasingly little fanfare.

Reactions: Ace

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
Wait what? Annecy already happened? What was announced on it?

Kiff is getting a Season 3, Big City Greens is getting a Season 5, Phineas and Ferb is getting a new season with a one year time skip, Moon Girl is getting some shorts, news shows Stugo and The Doomies.

Primos' absence sticks out like a very sore thumb.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Kiff is getting a Season 3, Big City Greens is getting a Season 5, Phineas and Ferb is getting a new season with a one year time skip, Moon Girl is getting some shorts, news shows Stugo and The Doomies.

Primos' absence sticks out like a very sore thumb.

They didn't mention anything about Hamster and Gretel , which is another popular series they have.

HomsarHomsar

I have reason to believe Disney is conspiring against Primos:

As you may know Primos got an abrupt delay at the end of May, allegedly because they want to change the name of the neighborhood.

Then this week there was a festival in France that multiple animated projects were revealed at, and at Disney Primos was absent, like suspiciously absent.

This proves that Disney is conspiring against the show. Now I know that there’s talk that this could be related to the strikes but there comes a point where the situation surrounding it becomes too staggering to pretend they’re correlated. That point was three weeks ago.

The initial delays from Fall 2023 to January, to June we’re related to the strikes. But beyond that and the animation lead time makes it impossible to have been impacted, it’s been 9 months since WGA ended the strike. Lead time for a show like this is less than that.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Disney isn't conspiring against Primos. If the network chooses not to air the show, they just won't air it.

Also, it has nothing to with the Writers' Strike. That ended last year.

The most recent news about the show that anyone has heard is that the show will air this summer (no release date has been given yet.

HomsarHomsar

Disney isn't conspiring against Primos. If the network chooses not to air the show, they just won't air it.

Also, it has nothing to with the Writers' Strike. That ended last year.

The most recent news about the show that anyone has heard is that the show will air this summer (no release date has been given yet.

I mean they could have done the neighborhood name change alongside the redubbing of the littlest cousin’s name…

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I mean they could have done the neighborhood name change alongside the redubbing of the littlest cousin’s name…
Supposedly, they've done (or are in the process of doing) both. We don't know how many episodes the names have been shown or mentioned, nor do we know how many episodes have been completed.

Supposedly, the new name of the town is Hacienda Heights. I'm a dumb Amercian who only speaks English, so I don't what "Cookita" means in Spanish. I probably shouldn't try to look it up.

EDIT: So apparently, "Cookita" means "cuddle" in Spanish, so that name isn't problematic. I believe that "Cha-Cha" is one of the names that folks objected to.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
What they probably have to do is go through every episode and change every mention of the names that are being changed. Then they have to bring back in the VAs to redo some of their lines. And they'd also have to reanimate any instances of the names appearing on screen. That's going to take some time.
EDIT: So apparently, "Cookita" means "cuddle" in Spanish, so that name isn't problematic.
It seems to also have another definition. I think the spelling different. I won't say what that spelling is or what it translates to here due to our rules, but it should still come up when you Google "cookita". I heard it doesn't have that meaning in Mexico (although the source I found just now has the Mexican flag on it, so that could be wrong), but that's not going to be good enough if Disney wants to show it in other countries.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
Even if they are delaying the series to make some changes, which sounds pretty likely, I doubt that it will be ready to air by summer. We're still in June, so it's pretty early, but if they were confident about the summer release window, I think we would have gotten a date or at least a month time frame instead. Plus, altering the city's name and getting voice actors to record more lines will almost certainly take more than a couple of months. I don't know if it would be enough to delay the series until next year. It depends on how big the changes are, but this fall would probably be more likely by comparison.

aegisrawks

Supposedly, they've done (or are in the process of doing) both. We don't know how many episodes the names have been shown or mentioned, nor do we know how many episodes have been completed.

Supposedly, the new name of the town is Hacienda Heights. I'm a dumb Amercian who only speaks English, so I don't what "Cookita" means in Spanish. I probably shouldn't try to look it up.

EDIT: So apparently, "Cookita" means "cuddle" in Spanish, so that name isn't problematic. I believe that "Cha-Cha" is one of the names that folks objected to.
No, its not Cookita that was objected to... Its Cu QUITA. And yes, its a sexual term and you really dont want those in a kids show. It is understandable. You have to be a native speaker to know.

HomsarHomsar

Even if they are delaying the series to make some changes, which sounds pretty likely, I doubt that it will be ready to air by summer. We're still in June, so it's pretty early, but if they were confident about the summer release window, I think we would have gotten a date or at least a month time frame instead. Plus, altering the city's name and getting voice actors to record more lines will almost certainly take more than a couple of months. I don't know if it would be enough to delay the series until next year. It depends on how big the changes are, but this fall would probably be more likely by comparison.
This ties back to why I have reason to believe that there’s a conspiracy against the show.

The fact that the name change was so last minute and that it will take so long will cause another delay. I have no doubt in my mind that Disney will ask for another random change at the last minute and delay it yet again.

My current theory is that they push it back far enough that everyone forgets about it so that they can do one of two things: drop it on Disney+ unannounced or quietly cancel it via tax write off in the same vain as Cartoon Network.

This of course is Disney shooting themselves in the foot. Because despite the outrage last year, when the leaks dropped around Memorial Day everyone loved it. So this could cost Disney a hit all because they decided to listen to Twitter trolls.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
^All of that remains to be seen. Again, we don't know how much reworking has been done already or still needs to be done. Voice actors for the show are still saying that Primos will get a summer release, which would most likely be sometime in July or August. When or if Disney is ready to air the show, we'll start seeing ads for it.

This of course is Disney shooting themselves in the foot. Because despite the outrage last year, when the leaks dropped around Memorial Day everyone loved it. So this could cost Disney a hit all because they decided to listen to Twitter trolls.
Agreed. Disney shouldn't cave in to some haters on the internet who have nothing better to do than be angry at a kid's cartoon show. This is why I find it difficult to believe that Disney would just ax the show because of trolls on Twitter and Reddit.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I don't think Disney cares that much about Twitter, they left it mostly except for ABC News, ESPN stuff, Disney Plus, they've mostly just left it in November of last year .... so yeah.

HomsarHomsar

I don't think Disney cares that much about Twitter, they left it mostly except for ABC News, ESPN stuff, Disney Plus, they've mostly just left it in November of last year .... so yeah.
All the controversy was before November.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts