Shonen Jump Febuary 2010 Issue TalkBack

cohenmarioman

I love how Shonen Jump in America started out as a way to sell more Yugioh cards, and now it has taken more of the liking of its counterpart in Japan. If only we had V-Jump, which is a Yugioh magazine in Japan.

So this month's Naruto chapters are the end of the Gokage Summit. Rereading these chapters reminds me how exciting they were and how great the up coming chapters will be once the war begins. The initial clash of Hokage personalities, the attack by Sasuke, and then finally Madara's appearence only uniting the Five Great Nations really make for classic storytelling.

FireStarterLE

You don't want to see us mad
other than the silly text (it's supposed to be a "serious" text use something better than that silly looking font!), the picture of Luffy is really nice!

Dragonpiece

Even though I saw the cover early this month and decided not to tell you guys (hint: it was on the naruto SJ tcg site). But anyways could you tell us more of what was in this issue?

jph139

Immortal
Man, I can see why everyone loved Bakuman. Hopefully that gets serialized - I'd love a more "mundane" series next to all the pirates and ninjas and robots and such.

Good art, interesting characters, nice writing... it's very relatable, too, which I think goes to show how - even between cultures as diverse as the United States and Japan - people are pretty much the same everywhere. Great manga. I'm a fan already.

GingaDaiuchuu

Viz Media's North American Shônen JUMP #90 [Talkback; spoilers?]

Bakuman #2
Naruto #469-471
One Piece #545-548
Bleach #279-281
Ultimo #12
Claymore #85

The magazine gets even worse as there's no showcase chapter next month, leaving it with 5 manga, including the last preview chapter of Bakuman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, just three Naruto this week?

It's still 10:39AM where I live so it'll probably be another three hours before the mail man comes by my place. I wonder if I'll get it...?

River26

As for the longest manga, I decided that I'd drop Naruto in favor of One Piece. Kinda interested in Luffy's dark, yet lighthearted adventure.

GingaDaiuchuu

Anyway, care to tell us who is on the cover of the magazine?
Ichigo gets the big picture while Naruto, Clare, Moritaka, and Kakashi get small ones. The cover design is slightly different, with the small pictures (other than the top banner) being in rectangles stacked on top of each other and the big picture next to that section, instead of the big picture in the center and the small pictures in circles surrounding it.

O-chan

Bakuman #2
Naruto #469-471
One Piece #545-548
Bleach #279-281
Ultimo #12
Claymore #85

The magazine gets even worse as there's no showcase chapter next week, leaving it with 5 manga, including the last preview chapter of Bakuman.

As long as the Shonen Trinity continues to run in the magazine I'll keep buying, but they really need to stop shifting around all these other series and settle on a new mainstay series.

O-chan

O-chan

Am I the only one who feels that Viz should get Bleach to the current chapters already?

Well the issue with Bleach is that very little has happened in the last two years of the manga. Compared to Naruto and One Piece, Bleach's plot progression has been slooooow.

O-chan

Paradox295

Chicks dig it, dude!
Bakuman #2
Naruto #469-471
One Piece #545-548
Bleach #279-281
Ultimo #12
Claymore #85

The magazine gets even worse as there's no showcase chapter next week, leaving it with 5 manga, including the last preview chapter of Bakuman.
Wouldn't Psyren be the next showcase manga?
And week? Don't you mean month?
Nothing on Bakuman?

C'mon guys! It's a great read! :sweat:
I agree :p

GingaDaiuchuu

Wouldn't Psyren be the next showcase manga?
And week? Don't you mean month?

I agree :p
It doesn't say anything about that...
Fixed. I guess I'm so used to saying "next week" about anime simulcasts.

Bakuman is a great read. It's too bad it won't be in the magazine after next month.

River26

Yeah, well that's what happens when they get ready to ship the first manga book volume.

I also liked that Toriko manga, it's odd how the dude keeps on eating, yet he never gets fat. Might pick up the title in June to see how it unfolds.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts