"Shrek The Third" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on This Movie!

• Total voters

tb4000

What was so weird about it? He said quite a few of the same things I did.

And speaking as somebody who's loved Ebert's reviews forever and has been quite worried for his health, I'm thrilled to see him back and reviewing. It looks like, based on the slate of reviews he did, that he's officially back for good.
I'm glad he'll be back on to review Fantastic Four, as the first one he hated, so hopefully he'll see something he likes this time around.

ElBarto

Happy Cycler
So I went to go see spiderman 3 again but got stuck in traffic and missed the starting time. I figured "Why not see shrek? I liked the first 2 so this one ought to be good." it was awful. I was so disappointed. Please don't see this movie.

Mandi-chan

I was kinda disappointed with this one. I liked it, but I didn't love it like the first two.

Some of the jokes (mainly the death of King Harold scene) dragged on way too long, and parts of it felt rushed to me.

I hated Merlin, what an annoying character. And Fiona's friends (the Princesses) were kinda annoying too (Snow made up for it later on though).

I think they should have put more time into it.

The first two were great (Shrek 2 will forever be my favorite of the three movies), but this one didn't live up to them in my book.

I may warm up to it upon a second viewing (keep in mind, I was in a theater packed with TONS of kids...distractions galore!)

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
I just got back from the theater, and I thought that although some parts dragged on a little, the movie was still enjoyable.:)

1. Shrek's nightmare about being a father was creepy!:eek: Especially, the "Rosemary's Baby"-type part!:eek:

2. Donkey & Puss getting switched was hilarious!:lol:

3. I felt Justin Timberlake was great as Arthur.:)

4. The Gingerbread Man's "life-flashing-before-his-eyes" sequence was hilarious!!!:lol:

5. The big fight at the end against Prince Charming was terrific.:D

So, I felt it was still a very enjoyable movie. I give it 3.5 stars.:D

Draft

2.75 Stars. It was alright, nothign to really boast about. I guess i'm just getting a little old for this kinda stuff i guess

Mad Mod 49

So I went to go see spiderman 3 again but got stuck in traffic and missed the starting time. I figured "Why not see shrek? I liked the first 2 so this one ought to be good." it was awful. I was so disappointed. Please don't see this movie.

How am I going to be kept from a movie with such a poorly-typed post? :p

(especially Roger Ebert - his review of the film was damn weird IMO)

It always happens when he has a movie he half-likes and half-dislikes (2 1/2 stars), his reveiws are always weird for those.

ToOn~g@l

Just singin' the blues
I just got back from seeing this movie and I don't remember much because all around me were crying and talking kids and the moms did not bother to shut them up. :mad:

Still what I do remember was quite enjoyable but it seemed too short like there should have been more in there, or maybe it was just because of all those annoying kids. King Harolds death was hilarious for something that was supposed to be sad and I loved the dream sequence with all the babies running around Shreks house. The fight at the end seemed to go a little too quickly but I loved how Shrek annoyed Charming while he was trying to do the play right.

I'm gonna have to see it again though but I would still give it *** stars.

Wussycat

I think it would have made more sense if Cinderella turned out to be the traitor, since she was friends with Fairy Godmother and she has dissociative identity disorder. What the heck was the point of her having DID, anyway?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Loved the first movie, hated the second movie.

The third was the in-betweener for me.

weirdojace

Is it just me or did this movie have almost no plot? It all just seemed like a jumbled mess.

Shrek was a good movie. Shrek 2 was just alright. This was awful. And now I hear Shreks 4 and 5 are in the works...

I did laugh at a few things though, like the Hooters joke and Gingerbread Man's life flashing before his eyes.

Caswin

It always happens when he has a movie he half-likes and half-dislikes (2 1/2 stars), his reveiws are always weird for those.
Weird thing is, I practically always like those movies. Seriously. Based largely on my experiences with Ghost, Spider-Man, X-Men and Independence Day, I have a rule: if Ebert gave it two and a half stars, I should see it.

Hordesman

slashor
I think it would have made more sense if Cinderella turned out to be the traitor, since she was friends with Fairy Godmother and she has dissociative identity disorder.

There's some logic in the traitor
being the only princess without a film as of now. (I know hers is in the works.)
Could've used more resolution though.

SirLemming

a playa in a world of NPCs
The main problem with this movie is that it feels like an episode of The Shrek 2 Show. It's really lightweight; it doesn't have a cinematic adventure feel to it. Prince Charming's story must have been an attempt to add this missing element to the story, but it mostly felt like padding. And essentially, the last half-hour of this movie was exactly the same as the last half-hour of Shrek 2. It was the same basic climax put into a different situation.

What I think would've improved this movie: focus it mostly on Prince Charming's story about giving fairy tale bad guys their due. That story was more true to the original spirit of the franchise, taking fairy tales and turning them upside-down. And yet it also would've provided a lot of new material. I think that actually could've been much better than Shrek 2. Unfortunatley, it was purely a second-fiddle story to the fairly uninteresting main plot. And the main plot mostly involved fairy tale characters that were parodied in the first two movies, so they were really running out of jokes.

Speaking of new material, they also should've found a way to switch Donkey and Puss for more of the movie, since that was a new dynamic that lasted all too briefly.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.
Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Featured Posts