"Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Discuss "Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" and leave a rating!

• Total voters

Dallas Kinard

This topic is entirely subjective. Some people do, some people don't. Personally, I could do without the immature language and sexual content.

-batmat-

This topic is entirely subjective. Some people do, some people don't. Personally, I could do without the immature language and sexual content.
Agreed. Other than that, I thought the Jessica sequence in the forest where her friends get killed was pretty hardcore and PG-13 worthy.

It's tough to put one self in a kid's POV. I remember I was 14 when Batman Gotham Knight came out, and was pretty much scared with some of it. The opening sequence from ''Working Through Pain'' for example, with that guy shooting Batman in pure darkness.

iammattie

Hey! Here's something interesting I dont think has been shared yet! Steven Choi shared some of his design work from the film both before and after the changes. He usually takes photos of his screen so they atent high quality, but...

Brainiac 5 (initial design):

Validus (first design):

Mano (initial design):

Tharok (final design):

Persuader (BTAS final):

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I recall reading Liptawat left WBA for Dreamworks (like a lot have recently) in late 2017-ish. Was really bummed and would have loved to see him work on more movies but also looking forward to seeing what secret project he's on. I think his first DC gig was The Batman or New Frontier.

Parker-Shepherd

One thing I've noticed about DC animated movies, ever since Superman Doomsday came out ten years ago is a lot of the films were a hit or miss, especially after Bruce Timm took a break and when Dwayne McDuffie passed away.

Also with Alan Burnett and Andrea Romano retiring, it changes a lot of things.

Anyway, a while back someone mentioned they had half expected a post-credits scene at the end of this movie and others said it felt like one long JLU episode.

8/15: Quick question, did anyone here attend the panel for this movie at Wondercon?

Mod Note: Posts merged. Please try to avoid successive posts in the future. Thank you.

Otaku-sempai

You mean DVD sales, right?
He could be asking about both physical sales and downloads. Such figures have been scarce since the release of Batman and Harley Quinn. It would be nice to also learn what the actual production budget was, but I don't think we've ever had solid figures on those. I know that back in the day, the average budget for these films was estimated at $3.5 million. It's probably a bit higher now.

Parker-Shepherd

He could be asking about both physical sales and downloads. Such figures have been scarce since the release of Batman and Harley Quinn. It would be nice to also learn what the actual production budget was, but I don't think we've ever had solid figures on those. I know that back in the day, the average budget for these films was estimated at $3.5 million. It's probably a bit higher now.

Oh...noted.

IMDB-Pro usually lists box office and studio related info for movies but there's a catch. IMDB-Pro is a subscription based site that Amazon now owns. People can sign up for a 30 day trial but after that have to pay for the subscription, unless it's canceled before the trial expires.

Otaku-sempai

Does anyone have the Full financial estimates for Justice League vs The Fatal Five?
By the numbers:
Home Market Performance
Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales$3,007,174Details
Total Est. Domestic Video Sales$3,007,174

Total units sold as of 6 weeks in release: 97,144. Figures for digital downloads have yet to become available (as far as I know).

Last edited:

Parker-Shepherd

$ 3 million thus far?

Seems like sales for recent DC animated movies have been going up and down. After Dwayne McDuffie passed away and Bruce Timm took a break, the movies kind of went downhill afterwards.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's been a common point of blame for those who don't care for or like the movies that came after Timm took a break but the big drops in sales were happening already when he was running the line and there's lots of factors to consider like the DTV market hitting a plateau, increased pirating, budgets changing, increase in other DC DTVs being made each year, etc. Bottomline, I'm not a subscriber in the belief the movies themselves are the reason for the historical sagging sales. The market and demand has changed since the first one came out.

Parker-Shepherd

That's been a common point of blame for those who don't care for or like the movies that came after Timm took a break but the big drops in sales were happening already when he was running the line and there's lots of factors to consider like the DTV market hitting a plateau, increased pirating, budgets changing, increase in other DC DTVs being made each year, etc. Bottomline, I'm not a subscriber in the belief the movies themselves are the reason for the historical sagging sales. The market and demand has changed since the first one came out.

I wasn't blaming anyone, just going by observation. Like it's been said part of why the Green Lantern animated series and movies failed was because the live action film was a box office flop.

I remember when some of the early DC animated movies came out, there used to be ads for some of them on TV, now WB doesn't really do those anymore yet marketing for DC superhero girls and the DC Lego movies were done pretty well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I remember when some of the early DC animated movies came out, there used to be ads for some of them on TV, now WB doesn't really do those anymore yet marketing for DC superhero girls and the DC Lego movies were done pretty well.
There's still TV ads for these movies. I think I've seen them on channels like SyFy, and Adult Swim.

Parker-Shepherd

Really? must've missed it. Oh well...

Going by commentary by other fans there's been a lot of moments where people were scratching their heads at certain things such as Mano and Emerald Empress's relationship and Kilowog's character design being from Green Lantern TAS as a couple of 'What the heck?' moments.

Then there's the whole 'This felt like a long episode of JLU instead of a movie' comments that have been circulating for months now.

Thing is, there's non DC animated movies that are like that too.

Otaku-sempai

$ 3 million thus far?
Well, that figure is several months old now, and it does not account for digital sales or rentals. Those might also factor into the drop in physical sales (availability on the DC Universe platform possibly being another minor factor). As far as I am aware, no reliable mechanic has surfaced for the reporting of digital sales though it seems reasonable to assume that the companies involved have the numbers on such figures. Anyone: Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts