Streaming Numbers (According to Nielsen): Crisis?

CNNickFan

Invader Zim
It's Nielsen, so I have my doubts, but... yikes? Doesn't look like streaming is doing so hot in the US.

Tubi, seemingly the only service that actually did well last month, averaged slightly over 1 million viewers daily. Disney+ was in 2nd, averaging 969,000 viewers. Every other streamer is lower than that. Uh...

Between this, the fact that no one is really talking about these original shows besides the big ones for Max that are about to go to HBO, and the ones for Netflix, and the road to profitability taking eons for Disney+ and Paramount+, things aren't looking too hot in the streaming world.

We've already seen cutbacks. Netflix integrating ads, price increases, cancellations, tax write-offs, Disney merging it's service with Hulu, MORE mergers on the way, so expect more of this. I don't even know where other forms of media have a place in this (Cable, FAST, Physical Media), that's how messy things are. I still find this whole thing funny.

But again, it's Nielsen.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts