Talkback: 4Kids TV Final Broadcast 12/27/08

Bratbat

I wonder how do those anime hard-liners feel about this.

They probably...

FFFFFFEEEEEL
GGGGOOOOOODDD!

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
Checked my affiliate (Fox66, WSMH). Although, it looks like most of the block will be payed programming and something called "Weekend Market", atleast the first hour (7:00AM - 8:00AM) will be used for kids material. Seems they're planning on airing The Littles (YES!) and ...Marty's Stouffer's Wild America (which seems to always go out of sync.).

I suppose it's better than nothing, especially since it sounds like no one elses affiliates so far have any cartoon material. Although, on the flip side, atleast most of it isn't Paid Programming for you guys. Ah well. God though, I haven't watched The Littles in ages...

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Interesting. My affiliate for Fox, WSJXLP, starting Jan. 3 will be showing Digi Gata Defender at 9:00 am, Biker Mice from Mars at 9:30am, an hour of Sonic X at 10 am and Weekend market for the rest of the morning.

Mugsy

They aired a holiday bump before the normal opening that showed a couple gingerbread men talking and then a bump wishing us a happy new year....kinda cool...

jasonhill

Well only two more shows left before the end....and i'll watch the Winx Club for the first and only and last time :-\. But here is what im setting my dvr to record for next saturday:

Batman (Cartoon Network) (Friday) (30 mins)
8:00am - 8:30am Sonic X (cw4) (30mins)
8:30am - 9:00am The Secret Saturdays (Cartoon Network) (30 mins)
9:30am - 10:00am TMNT (cw4) (30 mins)
10:00am - 10:30am Ben 10: Alien Force (Cartoon Network) (30 mins)
10:30am - 11:00am Huntik (30 mins)
11:00am - 11:30am Dino Squad (CBS) (30 mins)
11:30am - 12:00pm Sushi Pack (CBs) (30 mins)

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Shows how much FOX cares about children's programming. :mad:
With the exception of The CW, there isn't a single broadcast network or local affiliate that cares about children's programming -- it doesn't help them in any way. For at least 10 years, they care much more about:

dollar_bill_lrg.gif

The big three see Nick and CN and see no need to provide more of the same. Overbearing soccer moms and the E/I rule (and the affiliates' laziness, insisting the network do their E/I grunt work for them) are the only things keeping ABC, CBS and NBC in the kids TV business.

Just imagine what the schedule would look like if they all got their Christmas wish and the E/I rule were repealed -- there would be four channels' worth of "Weekend Marketplace"

peterg14

Full of Stuff
Even though I don't see this final broadcast until tomorrow, I still wanted to post this.

WMYD-3 Detroit:

8:00 am- Teen Kids News
8:30 am- Ultimate Choice
9:00 am-10:00 am- Paid Programming
10:00 am - Barack Obama Coin (I might get that...)
10:30am -12 pm- Paid Programming
12 pm - 1 pm - Degrassi: The Next Generation

I guess I will sort of miss 4Kids, not really so much what they had now, but what they had a few years ago.

Mario500

WALA-TV Channel 10 in Mobile, Alabama

7:00 AM: Awesome Adventures
7:30 AM: Aqua Kids
8:00 AM: Wild About Animals (currently airs on Sundays at 10:00 AM)
8:30 AM: Gladiators 2000 (currently airs on Sundays at 10:30 AM)

Next Sunday, the two latter shows will be replaced by paid programming airing between a local program and a movie. WALA-TV has always aired 4Kids TV and its previous incarnation the FoxBox, but over the past couple of years whenever severe weather occurs the station did not hesitate to interrupt a show for short or long periods of time for weather reports. Program interruptions for weather reports are very common among Mobile's broadcasters, even if the severe weather is occurring in part of the broadcast area.

WBPG-TV, which has carried Kids' WB! and the CW 4Kids, shares the same owner as WALA-TV and broadcasts from the same building. Saturday morning programming on both stations were often interrupted simultaneously for weather reports.

WALA-TV was an NBC affiliate until January 1996, meaning this station has witnessed not one, but two ends to Saturday morning animation from a network (in 1992 and 2008).

J!!!

You're such a little kid~
In my tiredness it appears I got the schedule wrong for Fox 5 but from 8-11
8:00 Teen Kids News
8:30 Awesome adventures
9:00 Wild about Animals
9:30 Wild about Animals
10:00 Jack's Hanna into the wild
10:30 Teen Kids News
And we don't have the marketplace:eek: but we do get 3 hours of paid programing after.
And the Fox in Macon (forgot its call number:sweat:) will be showing
8:00 Awesome Adventures
8:30 WHADDYO
9:00 The real winning edge
9:30 Tenn kid news
then from 10-12 marketplace I guess they still have a block we don't then:sad:

Jtaylor1

Not 9000! It Burns!
And we don't have the marketplace:eek: but we do get 3 hours of paid programing after.
And the Fox in Macon (forgot its call number:sweat:) will be showing
8:00 Awesome Adventures
8:30 WHADDYO
9:00 The real winning edge
9:30 Tenn kid news
then from 10-12 marketplace I guess they still have a block we don't then:sad:

WGXA-TV and if you read my previous post it will be 1 1/2 hour of paid programming, followed by Awesome Adventures.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Huh...strange that they only aired that "Our shows are moving to The CW" promo once. I'm betting that they wanted to slip it in and hoped FOX wouldn't notice. :sweat:

And the last thing to be shown on 4Kids TV was its animated logo. Fitting, I suppose.

Jtaylor1

Not 9000! It Burns!
At the end of Winx Club, they shown the 4KidsTV logo for the final time.

After that, I saw a notice on my TV that WGXA is going to be dropped from cable on January 1st.

Pilmedium

As a loyalist to the 1990s Sonic, I hated Sonic X, and stopped watching after the first 26 new episodes. The only show on this block that I liked was “Kirby: Right Back at Ya!” Despite not watching it since the new episodes ended, I watched it one last time today. As someone who respects nature and is sickened by the conversion of suburban forests to golf courses, I took that episode seriously and I hope some children learn from it. I even watched Winx Club for the historical significance, and I never watched that before.

The demise of Saturday Morning cartoons on network television is depressing. It was a tradition for children of two generations, but the networks have all pulled out. I simply do not understand it. Is there really more money in infomercials than in cartoons? Certainly, they will get fewer viewers. While watching shows as a child and early teenager, I never saw this coming. I always assumed that the presence of cartoons on Saturday mornings was as stable as the networks themselves. It was not until Kids WB disappeared that it occurred to me that the end could be near. :(

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts