"The Marvels ("Captain Marvel" Sequel)" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
I always felt bad for Mr. Rambeau that he's alive and well in the comics but he's gone and not even mentioned at all in a movie with his daughter and wife in it. At least he's just dead and not a deadbeat dad I guess :p.
I wonder if this is overt flirting or just playful banter that could be construed either way so DisMarvel can be no-commital :rolleyes2:?

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I admire their attempt to convey a fight sequence where the characters are porting everywhere but doesn't feel like there's much tension (especially the scene in Kamala's house) and I still don't care for their depiction of Kamala's powers o_O.
I'm the opposite, I'm not beholden because I stopped reading Marvel comics way before she was introduced.

Oof, hope the Khans have great house insurance.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
You're missing out on some great comics with her in it :).
11/1: Never enough time to read and watch everything.

11/6: New Ms. Marvel still.

DaCosta said she wanted to use Adam Warlock and time travel but couldn't use the former because he was being used in Vol. 3 and comments on a criticism from the Variety article. Basically, she continued to work on Marvels post production remotely because of obligations had to start prep on her next movie.

Insider claims just 1 end tag.

Another claims the origins of the bangles will be explored and
it connects to something introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
11/1: Never enough time to read and watch everything.

11/6: New Ms. Marvel still.

DaCosta said she wanted to use Adam Warlock and time travel but couldn't use the former because he was being used in Vol. 3 and comments on a criticism from the Variety article. Basically, she continued to work on Marvels post production remotely because of obligations had to start prep on her next movie.

Insider claims just 1 end tag.

Another claims the origins of the bangles will be explored and
it connects to something introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1
I really wish they hadn't taken out Kamala's mask :(.

Frontier

Staff member
Final trailer posted. Be advised there are some spoilers in here.
Look at all these old Avengers characters that Carol never got to really interact with :p.

More Multiverse shenanigans because of course :rolleyes2:.

"I'm invincible!" - proceeds to have a villain who is seemingly able to completely match her in strength. Dem's the breaks Carol ;).

The FX still seem kind of average..

Oh hey, Valkyrie. I guess they're using the Bifrost for stuff :confused:.

Looks like there's a "final" Carol costume, with full sleeves and a bigger Hala Star. Almost like her original Ms. Marvel costume :).

They just totally spoiled the point where the villain dies :p.

Is that
a Maria Rambeau variant at the end o_O?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

GM_Comand

Without giving any spoilers I've just got back from seeing the Marvels tonight, its ok not great to be honest I liked the first Captain Marvel movie a lot better.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Well now that the movie is out you can just post that on the talkback thread GM_M Command considering this thread is going to likely be closed really soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hi, Light Lucario. I just want to mention that today is my birthday. I'll be having a nice family barbecue tomorrow to celebrate. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wonder why Nickelodeon still shows We Make Fun version 1 promo even though version 2 has been updated this year?
Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.

Featured Posts