The Official DC Animation DVD Talkback, Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
wdg8 said:
So do I, but that doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. Don't be so hard on someone just because you don't see eye to eye.
C'mon, that's like me saying, well, I don't like Xena Warrior Princess so they shouldn't put it on DVD even if everyone else wants it. I don't see why we couldn't have a compilation episode like Squall suggested AND season box sets.:shrug:

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
Fone Bone said:
C'mon, that's like me saying, well, I don't like Xena Warrior Princess so they shouldn't put it on DVD even if everyone else wants it. I don't see why we couldn't have a compilation episode like Squall suggested AND season box sets.:shrug:
I agree there is no reason why we can't have both. My point was that Squall never said WB shouldn't release season sets, just that he did want want it himself.

maxnugget

Avenger of evil and ignorance
I think Squall's post was basically just the equivalent of someone saying "If I could just get 'Over the Edge,' 'Apokolips...now,' 'Legacy,' and 'Twilight' on DVD, I can die happy." I don't think he was really trying to say he doesn't want to see the whole BB series on DVD. It's just more important to him to get "The Call" than the whole series.

Having said that, don't you think it's a bit strange to say you want "Once and Future Thing" on DVD that badly when you haven't even seen the episode yet, let alone have any idea what it's really about? :anime:

EJill34

maxnugget said:
Having said that, don't you think it's a bit strange to say you want "Once and Future Thing" on DVD that badly when you haven't even seen the episode yet, let alone have any idea what it's really about? :anime:
I soiled myself when I first read the summaries way back in the summer of '04. I'm sure Squall had a similar experience.

johnnybvo

It makes little to no sense for WB to not capitalize on 05 being the year of the Bat and throwing beyond out there in boxset form. Right now all I want is the episodes. That would make me very happy. No comms, no special features, just the flipping episodes in a proper set.

Since that doesn't look likt it's happening I'll just make my own set.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
maxnugget said:
I think Squall's post was basically just the equivalent of someone saying "If I could just get 'Over the Edge,' 'Apokolips...now,' 'Legacy,' and 'Twilight' on DVD, I can die happy." I don't think he was really trying to say he doesn't want to see the whole BB series on DVD. It's just more important to him to get "The Call" than the whole series.

Okay, I can understand that. However when wdg8 said I was being too hard on him I really don't think I was. Not a word of my original post could be considered rude.

Squall

Calm Before The Storm
maxnugget said:
Exactly! :D I'd love to see Batman Beyond come out as an entire series in a couple of DVD Box Sets... but if I can just get "The Call" on DVD, I'll let it go. :)

maxnugget said:
What can I say? I trust Bruce Timm & Co. :sweat:

Fone Bone said:
Okay, I can understand that. However when wdg8 said I was being too hard on him I really don't think I was. Not a word of my original post could be considered rude.
I thought you were just joking around myself. If I got upset anytime someone disagreed with me, well... I'd just be upset all the time. :cool:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Squall said:
Exactly! :D I'd love to see Batman Beyond come out as an entire series in a couple of DVD Box Sets... but if I can just get "The Call" on DVD, I'll let it go. :)
Sweeeet.
What can I say? I trust Bruce Timm & Co. :sweat:
Me too. I think it's going to be a special two-parter.
I thought you were just joking around myself. If I got upset anytime someone disagreed with me, well... I'd just be upset all the time. :cool:
I was joking. The whole thing got blown out of proportion.

R

Robin

Just two weeks until the Batman and Superman DVD sets? Wow! Time has just flown by. It only seems like we were told of these just a few weeks ago. I'm still glad these were pushed back a little bit. There is no way I could have afforded them in December. Now I have some time to save up and get them right away. Does anyone know how well these are selling online?

R

Robin

audiecugi said:
On Amazon.com Batman is ranked 129 and Superman is ranked 369.
I just checked today and Superman Volume 1 leaped to #219, and Batman Volume 2 went to #108. This looks really good for these titles. Does anyone know how these numbers translate over to sales? How high up did Batman Volume 1 get?

Tom Servo

So, still as a newbie here, would the Justice League DVD sets that are now available be recommended? I am curious about the series, have not seen any of it yet, having missed Cartoon Network for several years. How about those Batman Beyond DVD sets? How many of those episodes available tie into and/or feature Bruce Wayne?

Also, a B:TAS fan, would I enjoy the Superman DVD Volume 1 set?

R

Robin

Tom Servo said:
So, still as a newbie here, would the Justice League DVD sets that are now available be recommended? I am curious about the series, have not seen any of it yet, having missed Cartoon Network for several years. How about those Batman Beyond DVD sets? How many of those episodes available tie into and/or feature Bruce Wayne?

Also, a B:TAS fan, would I enjoy the Superman DVD Volume 1 set?
Please buy Superman Volume 1! I want the entire series on DVD and the first volume is only $18 on Amazon. If you get this and Batman Volume 2 is wouldn't even cost you $50! That's cheap for two DVD sets!

As for Justice League it's hard to say. I've bought the single disc sets and they're good. But now that JLU is going on DVD I have no idea what's going to happen with JL. I hope it doesn't get forgotten like Batman Beyond.

audiecugi

I'd like to test that theory!
Robin said:
I just checked today and Superman Volume 1 leaped to #219, and Batman Volume 2 went to #108. This looks really good for these titles. Does anyone know how these numbers translate over to sales? How high up did Batman Volume 1 get?
I think B:TAS V1 got up to a ranking of at least 10 maybe even #1 at some point.

Speaking of prices Walmart's web site has both set listed pretty cheep as well. Not as cheep as Amazon, but if you get them at Walmart you don't have to pay shipping.

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Robin said:

today, they are almost neck and neck with bats at 119 and supes at 137

A.J

I bought all of the JL single releases so far. Also got the BTAS and TT Volumen 1 box sets. Cant wait to get BTAS and TT Volumen 2 and STAS Volumen 1. I will definately get the JL box sets the day they will finally get released. Dunno about getting the JLU first DVD...such a crappy release: 3 episodes only and not even in order/production order...

Edited By Amazing Spidey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Robin said:
Please buy Superman Volume 1! I want the entire series on DVD and the first volume is only $18 on Amazon. If you get this and Batman Volume 2 is wouldn't even cost you $50! That's cheap for two DVD sets!

As for Justice League it's hard to say. I've bought the single disc sets and they're good. But now that JLU is going on DVD I have no idea what's going to happen with JL. I hope it doesn't get forgotten like Batman Beyond.

and if you arent convinced yet, let me sweeten the deal. there is a $10 rebate for buying both sets found here http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/01/collectableinsertfrnt-7.pdf that means you can score both for $40 and get free shipping and no tax to boot.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Click here for a chance to win the Batman: The Animated Series - Volume 2 DVD set, courtesy of Batman: Yesterday, Today, and Beyond.

Expect official announcements in the very near future concerning more Teen Titans, Static Shock, and Justice League/Justice League Unlimited DVD releases, as well as the initial volume of The Batman on DVD. More Animated DC property will be heading onto DVD later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

THEY LIED TO US

IT WAS NEVER ALL CARTOONS ALL THE TIME

THEY PLAYED US FOR ABSOLUTE FOOLS
Donald Duck on the YouTube show "Hot Ones"

Wow. Disney is pulling a Cartoon Network, only this time in reverse.

Now, I wasn't interest in Disney Now to begin with anyway, so seeing this news doesn't really surprised me, but it is pretty sad that kid-friendly websites from kids networks are starting to lose its relevance?

Here's a sneak peek at the next Spiderverse movie.
I’m not on here enough for users to notice that I changed my avatar to a different
Molly McGee.

Featured Posts