The Official DC Animation DVD Talkback, Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJill34

Jim Harvey said:
Expect some announcements in the very near future concerning more Teen Titans, Static Shock,
Now that's what I'm talking about. Hopefully there will be some interviews this time around.

and Justice League/Justice League Unlimited DVD releases,
Justice League better be box sets or at least 6 episodes and the next JLU DVD better be the best DVD ever.

as well as the initial volume of The Batman on DVD.
Eh.

More Animated DC property will be heading onto DVD later this year.
Oh please let that mean more Batman Beyond.

BeyondGotham

Batmanytb.com
Jim Harvey said:
Click here for a chance to win the Batman: The Animated Series - Volume 2 DVD set, courtesy of Batman: Yesterday, Today, and Beyond.

Expect official announcements in the very near future concerning more Teen Titans, Static Shock, and Justice League/Justice League Unlimited DVD releases, as well as the initial volume of The Batman on DVD. More Animated DC property will be heading onto DVD later this year.

Thanks Jim! Just to let everyone know, I just announced this a few hours ago, and already have over 100 entries! So hurry up, get your name in there!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Although I AM excited about more Static Shock (I still can't find the first DVD though) if JL/JLU aren't in season sets I could care less. WHV has lost my patience for those releases with that horrible JLU release (the sad thing is I probably would have still bought it HAD IT BEEN IN WIDESCREEN.):mad:

Florida

The Demon Reborn

This episode is part of The New Batman Adventures from the WB and features Superman. My question is will it be released with Superman episodes or part of a Batman set? Any answers from anyone would be helpful.

Supremus

Florida said:
This episode is part of The New Batman Adventures from the WB and features Superman. My question is will it be released with Superman episodes or part of a Batman set? Any answers from anyone would be helpful.
All the Superman/Batman crossovers are Superman episodes and will be released as part of the Superman sets.

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Supremus said:
All the Superman/Batman crossovers are Superman episodes and will be released as part of the Superman sets.

of cource, girls' nite out, which features neither bats nor supes, but instead supergirl and batgirl is part of the batman series.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Supremus said:
Girl's Nite Out is considered a Batman episode and will probably be released on the Batman set.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member

Silly McGooses

Oooh, I heard Sky Captain's coming out the same day as the sets. And a half day at school. I live walking distance from a DVD store.

It will be the best day of my life.

BonyT

Sisyphus in Hell
mr jinx said:
and if you arent convinced yet, let me sweeten the deal. there is a $10 rebate for buying both sets found here http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/01/collectableinsertfrnt-7.pdf/toonzone03 that means you can score both for $40 and get free shipping and no tax to boot.
Your link doesn't work for me for some reason, but this is the offer you're talking about, right?:
http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/01/collectableinsertfrnt-7.pdf

If so, I just thought maybe a few points should be clarified: If I'm reading the offer correctly, it's NOT an Amazon offer; it's a WHV offer, & the offer sheet is in all of the DVD sets themselves. (In fact, I know that the offer sheets are actually in the DVD sets themselves, because I already got one of the sheets in a set I already have; can't remember exactly which set, though.) So you wouldn't have to buy both sets -- or either set, for that matter -- at Amazon in order to cash in on the rebate (in case you found a better price somewhere else).

... And, for that matter, the offer is not specific to just the Batman and Superman releases; it's for any combination of the WHV products listed.

But please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong on any of that.

Wanted

Toonmaster
Jim Harvey said:
Click here for a chance to win the Batman: The Animated Series - Volume 2 DVD set, courtesy of Batman: Yesterday, Today, and Beyond.

Expect official announcements in the very near future concerning more Teen Titans, Static Shock, and Justice League/Justice League Unlimited DVD releases, as well as the initial volume of The Batman on DVD. More Animated DC property will be heading onto DVD later this year.
NICE! I'll certainly keep my eyes glued to ToonZone and TVShowsonDVD.com for this info.

EJill34

Hopefully the official announcement for B:TAS Vol. 3 and S:TAS Vol. 2 will be right around the corner. I'm interested to see if they increased the amount of commentaries. If they do stick to 4 per set here are the episodes I'd like to see commentary on:

B:TAS Vol. 3
"The Demon's Quest, Part 2"
"Showdown"
"Second Chance"
"House & Garden" or "Read My Lips"

S:TAS Vol. 2
"Identity Crisis"
"Brave New Metropolis"
"World's Finest, Part 1"
"The Late Mr. Kent"

So, what episodes does everyone else want to see with commentary?

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
BonyT said:
Your link doesn't work for me for some reason, but this is the offer you're talking about, right?:
http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/01/collectableinsertfrnt-7.pdf

If so, I just thought maybe a few points should be clarified: If I'm reading the offer correctly, it's NOT an Amazon offer; it's a WHV offer, & the offer sheet is in all of the DVD sets themselves. (In fact, I know that the offer sheets are actually in the DVD sets themselves, because I already got one of the sheets in a set I already have; can't remember exactly which set, though.) So you wouldn't have to buy both sets -- or either set, for that matter -- at Amazon in order to cash in on the rebate (in case you found a better price somewhere else).

... And, for that matter, the offer is not specific to just the Batman and Superman releases; it's for any combination of the WHV products listed.

But please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong on any of that.

thanks for clarrifying. i believe you are right on all points. i myself may not buy them from amazon, but as of now, i think that is the cheapest price i have seen.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
GMahler said:
Hopefully the official announcement for B:TAS Vol. 3 and S:TAS Vol. 2 will be right around the corner. I'm interested to see if they increased the amount of commentaries. If they do stick to 4 per set here are the episodes I'd like to see commentary on:

B:TAS Vol. 3
"The Demon's Quest, Part 2"
"Showdown"
"Second Chance"
"House & Garden" or "Read My Lips"

S:TAS Vol. 2
"Identity Crisis"
"Brave New Metropolis"
"World's Finest, Part 1"
"The Late Mr. Kent"

So, what episodes does everyone else want to see with commentary?
BTAS-- The Demon's Quest--both parts, Read My Lips, Bane, Second Chance

STAS--World's Finest--All three parts, The Late Mr. Kent, Mxysptxilated.

R

Robin

I had to check Amazon today. Batman was at #102 and Superman at #150. I'm glad to see the sales positions are remaining pretty steady. I bet next week they'll start climbing pretty high as the release date gets closer. I can barely stand the long wait we have until those DVDs. I'd like to say we have Catwoman to hold us until then, but we all know how awful that was.

madara

Justice League Ep #11 was last in order on dvd?

Abit confused here. Trying to catch up on JL here but the last dvd in order that I can find is the War World Two parter. Which is half way thru season one. The next dvd is apparently a 3 part arch for end of S2/beginning of S3. What the hell, what happened to the truckload of episodes between this? How do they expect new viewers if I cant catch up, they offer marathons on CN?

Silverbolt

There have been a few JL disk and for the most part they have been in order (Starcrossed was the only one that jumped)

Secret Origins (pilot)
Paradise Lost (Paradise Lost, War World)
Justice on trial (In Blackest Night, Enemy Below)
The Brave and the Bold (BatB and Injustice League)
Starcrossed

Justice League Unlimited: Saving the World (most likely first three or four episodes)

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
madara said:
Abit confused here. Trying to catch up on JL here but the last dvd in order that I can find is the War World Two parter. Which is half way thru season one. The next dvd is apparently a 3 part arch for end of S2/beginning of S3. What the hell, what happened to the truckload of episodes between this? How do they expect new viewers if I cant catch up, they offer marathons on CN?

for some reason they dont seem to want people like you to ever see some of these episodes. i dont think they ever show JL season 2 reruns on cartoon network, nor do they have dvd releases with the exception of star crossed. its a real shame too because JL season 2 is superb. just keep your fingers crossed that they will eventually release a seaon 2 set. but dont hold your breath bc you would probably not survive that little experiment.

Silverbolt

mr jinx said:
for some reason they dont seem to want people like you to ever see some of these episodes. i dont think they ever show JL season 2 reruns on cartoon network, nor do they have dvd releases with the exception of star crossed. its a real shame too because JL season 2 is superb. just keep your fingers crossed that they will eventually release a seaon 2 set. but dont hold your breath bc you would probably not survive that little experiment.
And even when they were reairing the episodes they always skipped Wild Cards and Comfort and Joy. So far those two have only aired the two times on the days that they premeired. I much rather have all of season 2 and the rest of season 1 then I would the JLU disk. JLU didn't really getting good till the back half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's a sneak peek at the next Spiderverse movie.
I’m not on here enough for users to notice that I changed my avatar to a different
Molly McGee.
Well, it's official. I'm a staff member now.
WBD announced a Animation Mania sale for Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, WB Animation, DC, and Hanna Barbara titles for digital media retailers for under $30

who up jorkin their pork rn

Featured Posts