The Spectacular Spider-Man "The Uncertainty Principle" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this episode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• Ghoulish

• Total voters

Rud

Nine Arts Dragon
no way, i still cant beleave Harry was the Goblin, this show does emotion realy well, the whole "will John survibe" subplot was realy tense.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Well... I can honestly say for Harry being the GG, I did not see that coming. Well not that early in the series. That part during the shuttle launch, even though I know he was going to be safe, you still got to doubt that possibility, just like the real deal. Jocks dressed up as cheerleaders was priceless. Goblin and Spidey fight was fantastic to watch, and to listen to. Norman finding out that his son was stealing from him, then his son attacking him was both funny and serious moment for me. Then Norman doing the honorable thing and taking the blame for Harry action was just great on so many levels. Looks like Symbiote is coming. Can't wait.

This to me is fastly becoming the best Spider-Man cartoon ever.

thedanmachine

gomu gomu no custom title
I thought this episode was decent. I liked that Harry was the Goblin, but I felt like this entire episode was rushed. It went by way too fast.

Finally Hammerhead shows the reason that hes called Hammerhead. Also was anyone else surprised when Goblin's little goblin knife things stuck in Tombstone's back. For some reason, I didnt expect that.

StellaMagic

Hard to believe harry would be the Goblin first. This proves my statement: Sometimes the most obvious suspect is rarely the true suspect. I thought it was Norman because the Goblin knew who Big Man is, and I didn't think Harry would be allowed access to Oscorp. What I don't get is why sabotage Doc Oc and risk getting him killed?

Aldrius

Arrogant Instigator
Who says Harry's the goblin?

Harry's in the goblin suit and just happens to be lying there AS he pulls off his mask (right in front of Spider-man no less) on the couch with Norman in the next room?

And Mr. Niceguy Norman Osbourn is willing to take the fall for him?

It was a frame up. And now Norman has Peter in his pocket. He won't be spoiling his secret identity any time soon.

I like the fact that Tombstone is like Spider-man's sidekick. I hope they play around with them as allies more because it's very, very interesting.

Funkatron

Who says Harry's the goblin?

Harry's in the goblin suit and just happens to be lying there AS he pulls off his mask (right in front of Spider-man no less) on the couch with Norman in the next room?

And Mr. Niceguy Norman Osbourn is willing to take the fall for him?

It was a frame up. And now Norman has Peter in his pocket. He won't be spoiling his secret identity any time soon.

I like the fact that Tombstone is like Spider-man's sidekick. I hope they play around with them as allies more because it's very, very interesting.

I agree. This is the mother of all misdirections. That whole scene felt so...convenient. We don't see the Goblin climbing in the house or anything before he's unmasked.

Can we speculate in this thread or is that for the official show thread? Cause I have theories that need to be spilled in spoiler tags

creativerealms

Harry was the Goblin at least for the second half of this episode. From the moment The Goblin broke into Oscorp with Norman there thats Harry. notice how the "The green" has given Harry a split personality maybe it has not. maybe Normal fond out Harry was taking the green and has now been brainwashing him, like he did in the Ultimate Vurse. A nice way to take the blame off of him by making him look like a concerned father looking out for his son't bests interests. Something tells me that until the final battle Goblin was Norman.

Anyway this was a great and fun episode. maybe hanging out with Mary Jane can cool Gwen down a bit.

Aldrius

Arrogant Instigator
From the moment The Goblin broke into Oscorp with Norman there thats Harry.
How do you know, though?

Harry and Norman can't both be the goblin. They obviously aren't working together, so how could they have some sort of succinct plan?

There's something else going on in that Norman/Goblin scene at Oscorp. I don't know for sure what's going on, but there was something going on there.

kid rabbit

the mix blessing of this show is that comes at you fast unfortunelly it means the storylines move too fast to really into them
And I've always said Harry was my favarrite goblin :D good to see him stepping up

ShadowStar

Sounds like the mystery of the Goblin's identity was, in a way, left open until next season (provided that Norman set Harry up to look like the Goblin in this episode). Excellent...

DawnWarrior

I just noticed something: in the comics, there was Ned Leeds, a Daily Bugle staffer who would go on to become a Hobgoblin fall-guy. On today's rerun, Catalysts, and this new episode, we have Daily Bugle staffer Ned Lee. And he looks...Asian, which I guess accounts for the "Lee." Apparently the writers want to add a little ethnic variety to the ensemble (Ned Leeds was white).

ShadowStar

I just noticed something: in the comics, there was Ned Leeds, a Daily Bugle staffer who would go on to become a Hobgoblin fall-guy. On today's rerun, Catalysts, and this new episode, we have Daily Bugle staffer Ned Lee. And he looks...Asian, which I guess accounts for the "Lee." Apparently the writers want to add a little ethnic variety to the ensemble (Ned Leeds was white).

Yeah, between him and Liz, there are a few differences. What was Sally's role in the comics, BTW? Just curious.

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
What was Sally's role in the comics, BTW? Just curious.
In the comics Sally was part of of Liz and Flash's clique and didn't like Peter. She had a short-lived and unsuccessful career as a superhero named Bluebird (in the comics, her long blonde hair was just a wig she wore when in costume), but she was a pretty reckless person overall and was killed in a car crash.

ShadowStar

In the comics Sally was part of of Liz and Flash's clique and didn't like Peter. She had a short-lived and unsuccessful career as a superhero named Bluebird (in the comics, her long blonde hair was just a wig she wore when in costume), but she was a pretty reckless person overall and was killed in a car crash.

Wouldn't it be funny if she's the Black Cat in this series? :D (I hope to Heaven she's not... LOL. I guess we won't see Felicia Hardy until season 2 in any case.)

And BTW, Harry can't be the Goblin. Why? Because the official synopsis for this episode says that Spiderman learns the Goblin's "true" identity in this episode. Which implies that Harry isn't the real Goblin.

ROBOTRON

100% Pure Robot!
:D - Good stuff. 4.5/5

So Harry is the Goblin and the Sybiote has arrived.

Is it just me or are the Goblin fight scenes a work of art...they really are doing a great job making them look exciting. Puts the Movies and other Spidey toons throughout history to shame.:sweat:

My only beef is I'm not completely understanding Harry's motive for attacking both criminal organizations (and Dr. Octopus) to start his own...unless it was just that. I also fail to see how Harry was making the quick changes in costume during the last couple of episodes he was in, especially the gymroom and party where the drink was spilled onto his tux. Other than that, fantastic.

Now I can't wait to see the Symbiote boost Spidey's gonna get when he wears the black costume and evilness.

WE ARE VENOM.

ir7w2w.gif

EDIT: I like how this toon explains JJJ's dislike for Spiderman...something I never understood before.

I had to go back and look at the Black Cat Cameosis...WAY COOL! A DVR is a wonderful thing. For those of you that missed the episode, time to step into the new milenia...GET A DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER and never miss an episode.

Harry is not the Goblin, he is the vessel for the Goblin. One body, two souls. We don't know what the Goblin's plans are, not what Harry's are ('cause he pretty much doesn't have any).

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
So, was this the only episode so far not to end with a contextually placed red spider web?
Oh no! They forgot it!!

I'm let down that it's really Harry; if it was Norman there could be a believable rivalry and more one-liners between them in the future. Now it'll just be "This isn't you, Harry, you can change!" Oh yeah, and Harry being Goblin first doesn't fit proper comic book continuity either, something I thought Weisman was being a super-stickler about. And what about the bombs? Who made the bombs? Harry couldn't make those! And how did Harry get the punch BACK on his hands at the end of the first Goblin episode? Nothing makes sense about this!

Today's fight was the best one yet. That's the best today's tiny kids' TV budgets can cook up.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts