The Wild and Wacky World of K-Pop

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
RIIZE, SM Entertainment's newest boy group that's not tied to NCT made their debut yesterday with "Get a Guitar." The single album is already out on digital services.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
BTS, Enhypen and Tomorrow X Together will be getting their own manwha titles courtesy of Yen Press' IZE imprint.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member

I've had this song stuck in my head since watching this video at the beginning of the week. I love the video and the storytelling in it, too. I always find myself really enjoying the media surrounding League of Legends although I'll probably never be interested in the actual game.

On a sonic level, NewJeans have not done wrong by me yet, even when they did something like this that was so outside of their Y2K aesthetic. An aesthetic that was pretty much tailor made for someone as nostalgic as myself.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member

I've had this song stuck in my head since watching this video at the beginning of the week. I love the video and the storytelling in it, too. I always find myself really enjoying the media surrounding League of Legends although I'll probably never be interested in the actual game.

On a sonic level, NewJeans have not done wrong by me yet, even when they did something like this that was so outside of their Y2K aesthetic. An aesthetic that was pretty much tailor made for someone as nostalgic as myself.

Yeah, NewJeans is on fire right now. Even a song that's literally for a Coke commercial("Zero"), it's still pretty good.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Busy day in high profile releases today, as both Aespa and Stray Kids released new mini albums/EP's. Here's both MV's for their lead singles:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
BTS' record label Hybe has bought Latin American record label Exile Music.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Blackpink have been given honorary MBEs by King Charles III for their work in environmental sustainability.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
BABYMONSTER, YG's newest girl group and first one since Blackpink seven years ago, made their debut this past Sunday(or Monday in Korea). Here's their debut song, "Batter Up":

Taeyeon, leader of Girls Generation and an accomplished soloist in her own right, made her comeback this past Monday with a new EP. Here's the lead single, "To.X":

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
It seems as though veteran K-Pop fans are used to this kind of thing but Ahyeon not debuting with Babymonster has been one of the strongest sets of circumstances to me. Especially when it looked as though she was going to be the first round draft pick/star player.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts