The Wild and Wacky World of K-Pop

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
BTS' two-year hiatus will begin during this month as RM, Jimin, V and Jungkook will begin their mandatory military service soon, following the enlistements of Jin from last year, J-Hope from seven months ago and Suga from four months ago.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
TVXQ made their comeback today with the song "Rebel" and their 9th album, 20&2. Today is also their 20th anniversary of being a group, so congrats to them! Very hard for K-pop groups to stay together even by their 7th year(of course, they're down to being a duo now).

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
ITZY made their comeback yesterday with the mini album Born To Be. Here's the MV for lead single, "Untouchable":

Band member Lia is currently on hiatus due to anxiety-related issues. Hope she makes a full recovery.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
NMIXX made their comeback yesterday with the song, "Dash." They also released a mini album called Fe304: BREAK as well.

Speaking of actual "comebacks," we have one with Sistar19, which was the sub-unit for Sistar. They released a single album today and here's the lead single, "No More(Ma Boy)":

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Fun fact: Koreana were actually the first Korean pop group to score a hit single in continental Europe back in 1988 with "Hand in Hand", which was recorded as the official song of that year's Summer Olympics held in their native South Korea.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
SM Entertainment are planning to launch a new K-pop boy band in the United Kingdom.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
^

Sad news, he's produced so many good K-pop songs. His current group, Tri.be is on a temporary hiatus because of his passing. They had just made a comeback too.

TWICE is back with a new mini album called With You-th. Here's the MV for the lead single/title track, "One Spark":

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Anyone familar with K-pop knows about Dingo's Killing Voice series, were either a group or an artist comes on the program and sings both past hits, b-sides and their newest stuff. Today, TWICE appeared on the show for the first time and they sang 19 of their songs. The most notable thing is that if you're familiar with TWICE's discography, you'll know that this barely scratched the surface and they could easily do multiple episodes or make the episode like 5 hours long. Either way, I enjoyed it a lot.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts