Toonzone/Anime Superhero 2024 Battle of the Brackets- Mousterpieces Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
This is the voting thread for Round 1 of the Toonzone's 2024 "Battle of the Brackets" (for the "Modern Mousterpieces" conference)!

Voting is simple: Just post which of the two contestants of the day you find to be more awesome! Please, no editing your posts, once your vote is cast, help simplify things for me and don't change it. So be sure you are certain which one you want to vote for when you post! Feel free to debate it amongst yourselves for a while before casting your votes, but remember: each match runs no more than 24 hours!

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I'm picking Meet the Robinsons, a great early Disney CGI movie that was actually interesting with a good story.

Pooky

Staff member
Even though I remember enjoying Meet the Robinsons more at the time, these days I'm more interested in Home on the Range, it has an interesting (if unfortunate) place in Disney history, and I like its unusual (at least for a Disney film) UPA-derived aesthetic, so I'll vote for that one. Should note I haven't seen either in full since the 00s though.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
Meet the Robinsons. It’s hardly my favorite thing in the world, but it’s a masterpiece compared to Home on the Range.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Oh, no contest whatsoever: "Meet the Robinsons" is one of my favorite animated films of the 2000's.

It's one of those "Hidden Gems" that just grows on you with each passing year (this Youtube video goes over it pretty well). Just iconic, I'm hoping it at least gets into the "Top 8" in this tournament.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with Meet the Robinsons. I thought that it was a fun movie with some really good emotional moments to make it stand out. I'm not too surprised it doesn't get as much attention compared to other CGI Disney movies, but I remember liking it.

I've never seen Home on the Range, so Meet the Robinsons wins by default. Despite its reputation, I probably should watch it one of these days.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Both of these are somewhat important films in WDAS (Walt Disney Animation Studios, an abbreviation I'll use from here on out) history- Home on the Range was the last hand-drawn animated feature from the studio, or at least was meant to before John Lasseter's tenure as head of the studio, while Meet the Robinsons was the last feature to largely be in production before his tenure started. He was only able to offer minor contributions to the film.

I had a feeling that one particular film would win, and I was right, although it's nice to see Home on the Range receive some sort of following in recent years.

Meet the Robinsons makes it to the next round, which will begin shortly.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
If there's one thing to know about me, I really really really really really love Bolt. That's my choice. I think it's a fun movie with a story that doesn't go out there, neither does Bug's life, but there's a charm to Bolt, the dog, Mittens, and even Rhino. It's a funny and heart warming movie, with a twisted nature to it where they had Bolt pretty much thinking he was really doing what he was doing and the twisted world of Hollywood that's something you wouldn't expect from a Disney animated movie. Great Movie!

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
A Bug's Life.

This matchup is a lot closer for me. I used to have a Bolt plushie, but A Bug's Life is the better movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts