Toonzone/Anime Superhero 2024 Battle of the Brackets- Mousterpieces Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
A pretty odd pairing of movies, which makes sense as both films are about souls from different worlds melding together. This was a pretty close race, initially leaning one way, but the tide did change in the end for the boy of the jungle.

Tarzan moves onto the next round! The final match for round one will begin shortly.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Emperor's New Groove is an underrated gem. There, I said it. My vote goes for that.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I’m going with Brother Bear. It’s not in my top ten or anything, but I find it really underrated. It seems like most people regard it as one of Disney’s worst, but I find it at least passable on most regards. I think if it came out a few years earlier, it would be more beloved. However, I will totally understand if Emperor’s New Groove won.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Emperor’s New Groove. It's easily one of my favorite Disney movies. I could watch it several times a year and not get sick of it.

I do like Brother Bear, though. I think it's one of Disney's most underrated films.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with Brother Bear. I never quite understood why people didn't like it when I loved it. The characters are fun, the story is engaging, the soundtrack is amazing and it has some really great emotional moments. It's definitely underrated.

I like The Emperor's New Groove though. The comedy is great, the characters are fun and the voice acting is solid. I just really like Brother Bear more by comparison.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
We hit two parts of what's considered Disney's Experimental Period. The post-Lion King high of the Renaissance was long over and their Broadway-inspired features were showing diminishing returns, while other studios, including their neighbors in Pixar and Jeffrey Katzenberg's rival Dreamworks, were starting to hold their own against the Walt Disney Animation Studios, so new types of features were being worked on. Neither of these films blew up at the box office or awards season, but they later became beloved classics in their own right, although it appears a clear winner has emerged.

The Emperor's New Groove moves onto the next round, which will begin in a moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts