Toonzone/Anime Superhero 2024 Battle of the Brackets- Mousterpieces Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
I’m actually going with A Bug’s Life. For the longest time I said it was my least favorite Pixar movie (not that it was bad, but it was the one I liked the least). However, I watched it on a random whim a few years ago and found it nostalgic and surprisingly charming and there are several Pixar films I don’t like as much.

Bolt is as mediocre as could be.

StorytellerMJ5

I actually watched A Bugs Life on Sunday and I forgot how much I liked it. Bolt is a fun movie, but A Bugs Life gets my vote.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll vote for Bolt. I really like that movie. It was a cute movie with some really effective emotional moments. The climax and the ending always makes me cry too. It's a pretty underrated Disney movie, especially among their CGI movies.

A Bug's Life is pretty good, but I think that there are better Pixar movies out there and I enjoy Bolt more than it by comparison.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Definitely going for Bolt. Both of these films are overlooked (I didn't see either until years later) but Bolt's in that same era as "Meet the Robinsons" (the late 2000's) and it was just an overlooked period for Disney, so I'm going with that one. Also, I just think "Bolt" is the better film, between the two.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Well then, we're still early in the tournament, and already we have our first tie. I'll leave voting open for the second match for an additional 24 hours, while starting the third at the same time. If you haven't voted for the second match, please feel free to.

Last edited by a moderator:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Ooh uh good luck other match (nail bitingly scared)

Anyway, um oooh ouch, um hmm I'm picking Inside Out, not because Chicken Little isn't good, it's that Inside Out is good on it's own merits and a really interesting movie. The idea sadness is also an important emotion to express is a good message. I think it's a great movie.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Chicken Little is fine I suppose, buy my vote goes to Inside Out. A pretty unique idea resulting in an entertaining and emotional roller coaster movie.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
Inside Out, hands down. No contest. It’s one of my favorite Pixar movies. Chicken Little is the only canon movie I would consider to be bad.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I have a fondness for "Chicken Little", but it's more of a "moment in time" fondness for me (the "moment in time" extends to "Meet the Robinsons" as well). I really enjoy several mid-2000's animated films and that whole era in animation...but "Chicken Little" isn't actually a good film. In fact, it's kind of terrible.

Going with "Inside Out" (which was good, though not my favorite Pixar film of the 2010's).

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll vote for Inside Out. It's definitely one of Pixar's best movies. I liked how the different emotions all felt distinct and felt like they were from the mind of a little girl. I really liked how they emphasized the role of sadness and how memories can invoke different emotions all at once. It's a great movie with a great message too.

I don't recall disliking Chicken Little when I watched it. It definitely feels of its time, but it was decent. It just isn't anything to write home about either.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
We've had no break in our tie, so this means both A Bug's Life and Bolt will compete against Meet the Robinsons in a battle royale in the next round!

However, we do have a winner for today's match, with our first total knock-out. Inside Out makes it to the next round, and the next match will begin shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts