Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on this "Ultimate Spider-Man" episode!

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out a special all-new episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man inside the Marvel Universe programming block today on Disney XD!

Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors "Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy"
Episode Premiere Date - July 6th, 2014
Spider-Man and Nova must help the Guardians of the Galaxy face a threat that has followed them to Earth.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I thought it was a pretty enjoyable episode. I really enjoyed Sam's big hero moment, and the black helmet suits him better. Seeing him zoom around the starship reminded me of seeing Flash vs the Centre in New Frontier.

sparkykandy

Well, I can see where the Season Three is a a vast improvement guys are coming from; this episode was very enjoyable to watch from start to finish. (And I like the previous two seasons too.) I imagine some of you called Sam upgrading to the black helmet. While the orgin story of the Black Novas hasn't been revealed in the comics yet, I won't be surprised if the origins are completely different. (It's been hinted at that the Black Novas have a rather sinister origin in the comics.)

As much as I enjoyed this episode, I do have just one complaint, and that's that we still don't know Sam's backstory. All this episode revealed is that Sam is part of a Nova corps and that he's the last one and that's it. Wonders if we'll ever eventually get his origin story.

Roxas_Sora

Just like suspected, in this episode, Nova is "upgraded" into his outfit from "Disney Infinity 2.0" with the black helmet. Now we only need to see Power Man "upgraded", something that could be connected with his glowing eyes at the end of "The Parents Trap".

White Tiger and Iron Fist were already upgraded in "Cloak and Dagger".

No clues about in which part of the series the episode comes from, I personally hopes it will be an episode just previous to the Spider-Verse arc. Don't you think it would have been funny if White Tiger has been here? I mean, we would have had a real "catfigth" between "white tigers" between her and Tidus, don't you think? By the way, don't you think it's amazing how quickly a new character from the comics (like Tidus) has already appeared in animated form?

One more thing, it's just me, or the conversation between Gamora and Fury suggest there was something "special" between these two?

Dudley

Staff member
Nice episode to help promote the movie.
Were those three kids watching the alien battle really necessary? I almost expected one of them to say, "Man, the Guardians of the Galaxy are the coolest heroes EVER! They should star in a movie!"

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Nice episode to help promote the movie.

Essentially, this.
It would be great if this episode holds any credence to the current arc.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I enjoyed the episode, and we finally learned a lot more about Nova this time. Nova stepping up and unleashing his powers was a cool moment, however, there was something also quite ominous about it. It also shows that Spidey and Nova have become great friends.

The one thing I didn't really care for was the Guardians needing to stay incognito from other heroes on Earth. Now if they just basically said they are wanted criminals by Fury and SHIELD on Earth and it's best they didn't interact. Fury obviously wasn't happy at the end but there were no consequences. He could've just said to the Guardians, "Because you guys got rid of the Chitauri, I'm letting this one go."

OK for voices, Chris Cox voiced Star-Lord. Nika Futterman voiced Gamora. And Trevor Devall voiced Rocket Raccoon. So it seems in every recent animated appearance of Rocket, he has a new voice actor. Wonder what that's about. In the first Ultimate Spider-Man appearance it was Billy West. On Avengers Assemble it was Seth Green. I guess Green and West weren't available for this episode? Usually the designs and voices have been kept consistent between Avengers Assemble, Spider-Man, and Agents of SMASH.

J. D. Guy

One more thing, it's just me, or the conversation between Gamora and Fury suggest there was something "special" between these two?
Not just you; I picked up on that implication as well.

I, too, quite enjoyed this episode. I'm glad Nova got the focus in it. I also agree he looks better in his Black Helmet; it looks sleeker overall than the gold. By the way Roxas_Sora, his updated outfit better matches his Comic Book look and I imagine that's what they and Disney Infinity 2.0 were aiming for.
Same for White Tiger and Iron Fist, though the latter still incorporates the green from his Cartoon look.
I also enjoyed the more lax and friendlier vibe between Sam and Peter.

Groot played his parts well and I thought the kids were pretty fun for their role.

Lamel2g

Good episode. As someone who was worried that the show would be going the route of HAOS and The New Avengers, it put my uneasiness at ease. I'm looking forward to Web Warriors.

Choppasmith

Anyone know if this episode is repeating any time soon? I think the new Web Warriors Subtitle confused my DVR and didn't record it, and I can't find it either in upcoming episodes. Strangely enough, the little show thumbnail DirecTV has for Ultimate Spiderman now says Ultimate Spiderman Web Warriors.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Pretty enjoyable episode. It was nice seeing Nova get an upgrade, and he does look nicer with the new black helmet. Pretty cool seeing the Guardians of the Galaxy again though I've never really been a huge fan of the team. The villain was pretty good as well. All in all, a good episode with some pretty great scenes.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Pretty cool episode. It was nice seeing the Guardians in action again, the spaceship chase scenes were fun, and Nova was actually cool at the end. I'm also glad the chibi gags are gone.

I do wish they had used a cooler villain, though.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts