"Watchmen" Animated Feature News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
I question whether we need an animated adaption of Watchmen.

The only thing I can see it accomplishing that the movie didn't is using more comic-accurate designs.

(Unless this is also setting up a Doomsday Clock movie...)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I question whether we need an animated adaption of Watchmen.

The only thing I can see it accomplishing that the movie didn't is using more comic-accurate designs.

(Unless this is also setting up a Doomsday Clock movie...)
Or adding the giant squid I guess.

harry580

if this is in 2 parts just like Spiderman across the spiderverse & Spiderman beyond the spiderverse, looks like someone is better binge watch both of these parts

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Paramount should have the international rights to this.

harry580

Paramount should have the international rights to this.
well, I don't think paramount has involvement with this, I think they lost the watchman film rights after the tv show was cancelled

Ed Nygma

We shall have to see but I can't quite picture them making an accurate rep of the comic though- all the DC DTVs suffer from that try-hard vibe. I can't put it any better than they're always 'so extra;' they're never reflective or slow paced, and it's always the same tired troupe of VAs doing the background voices. This needs a killer cast, not Matt Ryan as Veidt and Maria Canals as Sally.

I do however wonder if this is a sign the DTV line is indeed ending, and that's why they're going for it. I just hope they release it as one long film, the multiple parts nonsense a la Death of Superman has to go. Someone pointed out that Crisis is coming a year early for its anniversary, but I think they're doing both to go out with a bang. Gunn's new DCU is coming in 2025 so it feels like its time, 18 years is a LONG run by any stretch and I think they've about run their course and done everything they could do with the line.

Frontier

Staff member
We shall have to see but I can't quite picture them making an accurate rep of the comic though- all the DC DTVs suffer from that try-hard vibe. I can't put it any better than they're always 'so extra;' they're never reflective or slow paced, and it's always the same tired troupe of VAs doing the background voices. This needs a killer cast, not Matt Ryan as Veidt and Maria Canals as Sally.

I do however wonder if this is a sign the DTV line is indeed ending, and that's why they're going for it. I just hope they release it as one long film, the multiple parts nonsense a la Death of Superman has to go. Someone pointed out that Crisis is coming a year early for its anniversary, but I think they're doing both to go out with a bang. Gunn's new DCU is coming in 2025 so it feels like its time, 18 years is a LONG run by any stretch and I think they've about run their course and done everything they could do with the line.
I wouldn't have expected them to cast those VA's in those roles anyways.

Honestly I feel like I could see a good stopping point for a two-parter.

Otaku-sempai

12/07/2023:
Ah... there will be no Maria Canals slander here. The movie would be lucky to have her.

05/30/2024:
Blu-ray.com has a listing for Watchmen: Chapter 1, with a tentative release date of August 13th.

Guess we'll see.
Watchmen: Chapter 1 still has no listing at IMDb.com. This does go a long way to confirming that this adaptation will be in at least two parts.

Frontier

Staff member
The Crisis movies made it feel like the 2D production was running on fumes so I'm not entirely surprised they're going with CG but...not sure anyone wants CG Watchmen films anyways :sweat:.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts