"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

ShadowStar

Images from "Early Warning" have been posted:

Hope this means we're going to see Zatanna fight Klarion! She's had eight years to prepare for this... And if Wonder Girl is going up against him too, then perhaps the show will finally confirm that she's the daughter of Zeus.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Via CBR, here's a look at this year's Comic-Con bag for Young Justice.
Young-Justice-Outsiders-SDCC-2019-Bag.png

Marvelman02

Images from "Early Warning" have been posted:

Hope this means we're going to see Zatanna fight Klarion! She's had eight years to prepare for this... And if Wonder Girl is going up against him too, then perhaps the show will finally confirm that she's the daughter of Zeus.

I guess it's not impossible for Zatanna to win as Klarion doesn't seem to be very good at strategizing. But, Zatanna is going in at a huge disadvantage. Zatarra and Zatanna may both be powerful but they are no Lords of Chaos!

Frontier

Staff member
Fitting to have Beast Boy front-and-center :).

Black Lightning on the bottom left is kind of random but I guess he's associated with the Outsiders brand like Halo despite not being a member of this version of the Outsiders team...

We've got M'Gann in her green martian form for an inconsistency. Is domino mask girl on the bottom right supposed to be Terra? That's not part of her costume in this universe :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Is domino mask girl on the bottom right supposed to be Terra? That's not part of her costume in this universe :confused:.
Looks like Terra to me. Well, they did use the development art from Invasion during one Comic Con many moons ago. The artist Chris Thornely might have made an error with Terra's design or... spoiled something.

ShadowStar

I'd just like to point out that the Young Justice soundtrack was released on Tuesday 16th July 2013 and that at the time, it looked as though that would be it for the show... but now here we are, precisely six years later, with a new episode being released!

Frontier

Staff member
The log-line for next week's episode ("Elder Wisdom") was apparently released earlier. No real spoilers I think, even without seeing "Early Warning" yet.

I wonder if they might screen next week's episode at SDCC this weekend.
Would not surprise me, given they premiered "First Impressions" at that Rooster Teeth convention :).

Hmm...kind of sounds like Lex is either going to try and force the Outsiders to abide by the law to prevent them from carrying out their missions or try and manipulate them like he manipulated the Runaways :confused:.

Batboy84

Would not surprise me, given they premiered "First Impressions" at that Rooster Teeth convention :).

Hmm...kind of sounds like Lex is either going to try and force the Outsiders to abide by the law to prevent them from carrying out their missions or try and manipulate them like he manipulated the Runaways :confused:.
I doubt he'd try that. With the exception of Geo-Force, they've all been members of the Team for years. They know what he does behind the scenes, and he knows it. Also both Static and Eduardo have been manipulated by him before. Even if he were to try, both of them could attest to the liar that he is.

Frontier

Staff member
I doubt he'd try that. With the exception of Geo-Force, they've all been members of the Team for years. They know what he does behind the scenes, and he knows it. Also both Static and Eduardo have been manipulated by him before. Even if he were to try, both of them could attest to the liar that he is.
True. I was thinking more he'd use that to his advantage to try and make them do something that works to The Lights advantage...which would be a total Xanatos move :p.

Medinnus

Staff member
The log-line for next week's episode ("Elder Wisdom") was apparently released earlier. No real spoilers I think, even without seeing "Early Warning" yet.

I wonder if they might screen next week's episode at SDCC this weekend.

Granted, I have not gone at the schedule for SDCC with a fine-tooth comb, but I don't recall any Young Justice oriented programming slots; I suppose they could do it at the DC Universe panel, but given the uncertainty of the future of the platform after the larger WB streaming service I would think they'd have lots of other things to address instead.

Also, no "Ask Greg" in the schedule that I could find. I miss that slot :)

I am curious as to whether or not we'll get any insights as to what the Bat-family sections of the squad are working on; the Outsiders team as such is only mildly interesting to me. None of the characters grab my imagination, and so if the rest of the episodes are Outsider-focused and of the same quality we've gotten so far, I might very well unsubscribe now...

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I am curious as to whether or not we'll get any insights as to what the Bat-family sections of the squad are working on; the Outsiders team as such is only mildly interesting to me. None of the characters grab my imagination, and so if the rest of the episodes are Outsider-focused and of the same quality we've gotten so far, I might very well unsubscribe now...
It's kind of ironic that I've seen fans complain about the predominant focus on Bat-kids on the show before but now the Batfamily side of things is probably the least focused on aspect of the show by this point :p.

Deshaded

I'm glad they're focusing on a lot cooler, obscurer things than the Bat-family but it still feels like they could've easily traded out one of the many Geoforce/Halo episodes for them. It is a very big legacy family, after all. I would've already had a Jason Todd confrontation and had Damian conceived around the time of the tie-in comic with Talia (meaning he'd be 8 years old and only 1-2 seasons away).

Or heck, an episode about the Wonder-family or Shazam-ily.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm glad they're focusing on a lot cooler, obscurer things than the Bat-family but it still feels like they could've easily traded out one of the many Geoforce/Halo episodes for them. It is a very big legacy family, after all. I would've already had a Jason Todd confrontation and had Damian conceived around the time of the tie-in comic with Talia (meaning he'd be 8 years old and only 1-2 seasons away).

Or heck, an episode about the Wonder-family or Shazam-ily.
I think Spoiler, Arrowette, and especially Cass could use some more screentime.

I mean, this is their animated debuts and most people probably still have no idea who they are unless they read comics.

You can't really do Wonder-family without Wonder Woman unless Donna and Cassie team-up, which I would be down for.

I'm wondering if we're ever going to see Freddy and Mary, although it would be kind of surreal to see them looking as old as Billy does now instead of when they were actual kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts