"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, no. With everything going on in this series, the last thing they need to do is a crossover with another property and add in even more elements. What works for one animated series might not mesh as well for another. Though I guess it begs the question of will this series delve into the multiverse? They've done aliens, some time travel, some supernatural already.

Considering the connections and allusions to Scooby-Doo already present with them, yeah, I think a nice compromise is the Newsgirl Legion with a dog. Though I have no clue if the Newsboy Legion in the comics ever had a pet or but it would be funny seeing them show up again and with a big dog.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, that was mentioned just above. It's a possibility though I was mainly thinking of "young" ghostly characters to fit the show's title.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Well I think it's probably going to be a bit of both - kind of like Outsiders alluded both to a loose adaptation of Batman & the Outsiders, and the characters feeling like outsiders themselves.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Really, I was just joking - although I would like to see the Stranger. My guess is that "Phantoms" is intended to be more thematic than literal.
Agreed, basically the notion of if the hero crosses the line he/she made, the hero can't go back on it and will haunted by their choices for the rest of their lives - the ghosts of their past. But this could even be applicable to Brion.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I also been thinking they might give us Etrigan finally.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Heck, I'm hoping that they'll finally give us Kory and Rachel, given they're the only two members of the NTT team to have not yet appeared in YJ, given that Dick, Wally and Garfield have been regulars, whereas Donna and Victor have been recurring characters in the recent season.

Frontier

Staff member
Heck, I'm hoping that they'll finally give us Kory and Rachel, given they're the only two members of the NTT team to have not yet appeared in YJ, given that Dick, Wally and Garfield have been regulars, whereas Donna and Victor have been recurring characters in the recent season.
Well, we got Cyborg last season. Maybe they'll introduce a classic New Teen Titan once per season ;).

Medinnus

Staff member
Agreed, basically the notion of if the hero crosses the line he/she made, the hero can't go back on it and will haunted by their choices for the rest of their lives - the ghosts of their past. But this could even be applicable to Brion.

This would be especially applicable to anyone whose questionable decisions were inspired by influence/mind control if the victim was not aware of the influence. An interesting character moment when that is discovered; how many of the characters will attribute their own bad choices to influence/mind control once it becomes common knowledge.

And its only one step from there to suspecting Green/White martian telepathy in general. Meghan teaching courses on how to build a mental wall, brick by brick, to guard against telepathic intrusions?

Frontier

Staff member
And its only one step from there to suspecting Green/White martian telepathy in general. Meghan teaching courses on how to build a mental wall, brick by brick, to guard against telepathic intrusions?
I'm so used to characters in the Marvel Universe needing to be taught to resist telepathy that I've never really though about in terms of Earth-16 where Martian characters are so prominent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts