"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

DBTrilogy100

I had the chance to play catch up with the updates regarding Season 4 and the "Phantoms" subtitle has caught my interest for what it can mean in a literal sense and a figurative sense.

On another note, I was able to acquire the Season 3/Outsiders Blu-Ray as a Christmas gift which has given some relatives and friends of mine a chance to catch the season.

Here's hoping production for Season 4 continues to go smoothly and I look forward to more updates as they are revealed.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The animation in some episodes were less than stellar. Could be the studio they worked with, but I noticed it fairly quick.
Oh, you meant the animation. Sure, since I'm not the biggest fan of digital eMation I'd point the finger at them. But who knows, some episodes might have had a studios a-team, b-team, etc. based on their overall work loads of not just YJ but whatever other series they had. But I'd guess eMation.

Frontier

Staff member
The animation in some episodes were less than stellar. Could be the studio they worked with, but I noticed it fairly quick.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Oh, you meant the animation. Sure, since I'm not the biggest fan of digital eMation I'd point the finger at them. But who knows, some episodes might have had a studios a-team, b-team, etc. based on their overall work loads of not just YJ but whatever other series they had. But I'd guess eMation.
I hope season 4 has less stock footage or still images. I didn't especially mind it in Outsiders (aside from when it turned a major fight sequence into a comedic nostalgia bit) but it seemed a testament to animation issues.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I hope season 4 has less stock footage or still images. I didn't especially mind it in Outsiders (aside from when it turned a major fight sequence into a comedic nostalgia bit) but it seemed a testament to animation issues.
Bourassa did comment on the held shots at least once, "My team and I drew A LOT of these throughout the season to try and alleviate some of the tremendous pressure on the animators in Seoul." Interpret what you may of that. Hard to say if they're under the same production timeline or have a bit more time since they haven't release a projected streaming date for season 4. They recorded around 10 episodes by July 2017, Outsiders premiered in January 2019 so season 4 could be in the September/October 2021 range.

the greenman

Well, I just need to see more development on characters. Seems they love introducing new additions on things drop it, or don't ever explain what happened. No conclusions. Fan service stuff. Personally miffed on the Milestone stuff, though I was tremendously happy to see them add a Milestone villain.
Bourassa did comment on the held shots at least once, "My team and I drew A LOT of these throughout the season to try and alleviate some of the tremendous pressure on the animators in Seoul." Interpret what you may of that. Hard to say if they're under the same production timeline or have a bit more time since they haven't release a projected streaming date for season 4. They recorded around 10 episodes by July 2017, Outsiders premiered in January 2019 so season 4 could be in the September/October 2021 range.
Based on the quick turnaround for the Harley Quinn series having debuted in November, and now Season 2 in April, I might suggest sooner than later. Maybe even December of this year. Well, we don't want to rush it, so hopefully around January or February 2021.

the greenman

Season 2 of Harley Quinn is just the back half of the initial 26 episode order. The comparison is more in line with Outsides A and B than season 3 and 4.
Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification. Cause I figured they had half of Season 2 completed and just released whatever they had.

Parker-Shepherd

Anyone know if there's been a delay in production because of Covid-19?

Several studios have suspended work for various TV shows and movies.

Midnightonyx

Hey guys, I just joined the forum and I'm so stoked to find more people that like to nerd out over superhero stuff like I do. I've been looking for ways to fill the void while waiting on more new superhero content to come out. I'm going to start browsing through the forums and seeing what the site is about.

One thing I do love to do is roleplay if anyone else does. I started up a Young Justice themed RP site and I'm looking for people to join. It's chatbox style so it's more interactive in real time (no waiting on lengthy forum posted roleplays). Home | RP Group

The link is also in my signature. If anyone is interested or has any questions, please let me know. Now I'm off to woosh around and see what's happening in the forums :)

~Midnight

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Christina Sotta is a director for season 4 (saw it on her updated Twitter bio). I suppose after Apokolips War and Harley Quinn season 2, she moved onto YJ Season 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts