"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 34 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflection01

I think we get three 4-part arcs and a midseason finale that joins the storylines and sets up cliffhangers. Then we get three 4-part arcs featuring Nightwing, Kaldur, and Rocket that may connect to the previous arcs (the Nightwing connection to the Artemis arc is obvious) followed by a season finale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
The title for episode 13 of Phantoms is now up on TV Passport, and it looks like my theory regarding how the arcs are split this season was correct.
Kaerb Ym Traeh!
Zatanna and the Sentinels of Magic gain unlikely allies, but the new alliance may not be enough.

Well, that completely messes with my expectations. I guess we're not getting an all-team finale. I have a bad feeling some heroes will be short-changed with this, and I hope it isn't Aquaman or Rocket.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I am guessing Kaldur's arc might also be connected to Zatanna's, which is why I think he'll be the next character to be put in the spotlight when the show returns.

I also presume there will be some sort of cliff-hanger in the mid-season finale, but it is technically still part of Zatanna's arc otherwise they would have used a different title gimmick. As much as I like Zatanna, hope episode 14's title won't be spelled backwards. :p

Also, there's always the chance the next batch of 13 episodes could use a different format (i.e, 3 or 4 episodes long arcs), so there could be a Team centric arc towards the end.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
There's also the possibility 2 of the remaining original Team members might be one arc like Aquaman and Nightwing, Aquaman and Rocket, or Rocket and Nightwing. But I'm still leaning to them each having a 3 episode arc, 1 episode from the Legion's POV/revealing who the saboteur is, then the final 3 is everything converging more or less like past seasons.

reflection01

I think we get three 4-part arcs and a midseason finale that joins the storylines and sets up cliffhangers. Then we get three 4-part arcs featuring Nightwing, Kaldur, and Rocket that may connect to the previous arcs (the Nightwing connection to the Artemis arc is obvious) followed by a season finale.

And we have a strong connection between Kaldur and the Zatanna arc. I’m guessing Rocket may connect to the M’gann arc through the Legion.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, without spoiling much from the newest episodes, I figured Kaldur and his world would have a connection to Zatanna's arc.

I also expected Nightwing & Tigress to share the same arc before episode 5 premiered, so I could see some heroes being in the same story-line together; it would also free up some space in the second half of Phantoms.

No comment from me as to what Rocket's arc might cover, since I'm not too familiar with the character.

EDIT:
Spoiler tags for now, more speculation as to what this season's titles might spell out-
"Invitation to Kid Flash Museum"
"Invitation to Klarion's demise"
"Invitation to kids everywhere" (to keep watching the show :p)

Last edited:

the greenman

The second one made me laugh.
Yeah, without spoiling much from the newest episodes, I figured Kaldur and his world would have a connection to Zatanna's arc.

I also expected Nightwing & Tigress to share the same arc before episode 5 premiered, so I could see some heroes being in the same story-line together; it would also free up some space in the second half of Phantoms.

No comment from me as to what Rocket's arc might cover, since I'm not too familiar with the character.

EDIT:
Spoiler tags for now, more speculation as to what this season's titles might spell out-
"Invitation to Kid Flash Museum"
"Invitation to Klarion's demise"
"Invitation to kids everywhere" (to keep watching the show :p)
Be sure to drink your Ovaltine

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last season did a similar thing with Garfield which ultimately led to the Outsiders and his bigger role in the proceedings. There's gonna be a payoff here. And from the start, Weisman has said they're trying to portray mental health in a more real world way, and not solve it in under 30 minutes. I, too, am curious what's going to turn it around for Garfield - like the return of Perdita, the Monkey God, or dare I hope, Conner?

Frontier

Staff member
Last season did a similar thing with Garfield which ultimately led to the Outsiders and his bigger role in the proceedings. There's gonna be a payoff here. And from the start, Weisman has said they're trying to portray mental health in a more real world way, and not solve it in under 30 minutes. I, too, am curious what's going to turn it around for Garfield - like the return of Perdita, the Monkey God, or dare I hope, Conner?
All we're missing is some on-screen grief counseling like we saw with Dinah and Violet, but Gar might not even be bothering...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Tomorrow's episode will be written by Nida Chowdhry, which is definitely a bit unexpected. She's mainly written on live action shows, with 1 episode of Mira Royal Detective being the only animated show she wrote for. The closest connection to Young Justice is with Zehra Fazal doing some voice work on Mira.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts