"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 35 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

the greenman

I suggest, anyone who has had even the slightest issues with certain things involving characterizations in the past two seasons, should probably read Greg's latest Ramble. I have seen some Tweets off & on (as I'm not on Twitter like that anymore). Though he's in my feed, and I really don't like it.

This is not to derail the thread, simply read the Ramble and ask a mod if you can discuss it elsewhere.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I suggest, anyone who has had even the slightest issues with certain things involving characterizations in the past two seasons, should probably read Greg's latest Ramble. I have seen some Tweets off & on (as I'm not on Twitter like that anymore). Though he's in my feed, and I really don't like it.

This is not to derail the thread, simply read the Ramble and ask a mod if you can discuss it elsewhere.
why is Ramble capitalized and where the heck am I searching to find this?

Frontier

Staff member

If you mean his twitter, I just see conversations talking about their depiction of Khalid's faith and how accurate/representative it was.

Which also just tells me they realize how badly they handled Halo in season 3 and didn't want a repeat of that o_O.

ShadowStar

Was this a mistake or a hint? Greg Weisman mentions that all three of Zatanna's designations have been used on the show... but her B-08 designation wasn't. I find it hard to believe that he would get this wrong, but the only way it could be correct is if the B-08 designation is used in an upcoming completed episode. Flashback scene/episode perhaps?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Was this a mistake or a hint? Greg Weisman mentions that all three of Zatanna's designations have been used on the show... but her B-08 designation wasn't. I find it hard to believe that he would get this wrong, but the only way it could be correct is if the B-08 designation is used in an upcoming completed episode. Flashback scene/episode perhaps?
He may be counting the Legacy game. According to my notes, that's the first time the B-08 designation is heard.

Frontier

Staff member
Weisman confirms Stephanie Brown was kidnapped by the Reach because she ran away from home.
Well, when your dad is Cluemaster...
So she's just a woman who happens to be named "Bee" and who became a Queen :p?
Jeff Bennet is a great Reddy and Weisman is solid as Snapper :).

Parker-Shepherd

Definitely curious what the end of this season holds. I hope they do something well with the LOSH before that new series comes out.

What new series?

I'm hoping that Empress shows up in a future episode one day.

*Record skips*

Wait... you mean, Emerald Empress, the Legion of Superheroes villain?

I'm curious how her origin happened in this setting...

Good question. Barbara Gordon started out in season one as a background character. Now that I think about it, I doubt Catwoman has even been mentioned in this series. It seems like a common theme in Young Justice is certain DC characters are either mentioned or used in the background but then the next season they show up in a main or supporting role with little to no explanation of how they ended up there.

Frontier

Staff member
His teen hero career sure was short-lived. Gar could probably use his buddy :(.
So other than being The Mist she's a complete OC...
Figured as much since she wasn't with the big exodus of Team Members in the premier o_O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts