"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 35 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvelman02

Please do not remind me of Fandome. Other than the YJ drop, it really was a waste of opportunities.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

This is a strange complaint... but I found Fandome... too corporate... It was... overly-produced? I don't know how else to put it. It was very sleek - but soul-less. My one bit of advice for future Fandomes would be less-script and less direction. Fandome 2021 felt too much like a commercial which I guess it is, but Warners doesn't have to be so obvious about it.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
As expected. going by the trailer, the rest of the season seems to focus on Rocket, Aquaman and Nightwing. As well as some more Fourth World stuff, which should be pretty cool. I don't think any Legionnaires were in the trailer (unless I missed them), but I presume we haven't seen the last of them either.

the greenman

This is a strange complaint... but I found Fandome... too corporate... it was overly-produced? I don't know how else to put it. It was very sleek - but soul-less. My one bit of advice for future Fandomes would be less-script and less direction. Fandome 2021 felt too much like a commercial which I guess it is, but Warners doesn't have to be so obvious about it.
Well, that was my reaction.
As expected. going by the trailer, the rest of the season seems to focus on Rocket, Aquaman and Nightwing. As well as some more Fourth World stuff, which should be pretty cool. I don't think any Legionnaires were in the trailer (unless I missed them), but I presume we haven't seen the last of them either.
Now that's hiding Superboy/Connor well.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I'm excited for the Fourth World focus, since we didn't get much of it in the first half. I guess either LoSH is either more teasing for season 5 or they're keeping them well hidden.

I'm curious about Kaldur's beard. He didn't have it when he and the group broke the news to Artemis and when he punches Sha'ark (assuming it's him), but he does in the Tower of Fate.

ShadowStar

Who do we suppose are the other magic users gathered around the bell in the Tower of Fate? We have Doctor Fate/Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Zatara, Blue Devil, Phantom Stranger, Jason Blood, Khalid Nassour, Thirteen/Traci Thurston, Mera, Tempest/Garth and Isis. But there's space for two or three other people in between Zatara and Blue Devil. Who might they be? Billy Batson and Freddy Freeman? Or even Wonder Woman and her proteges?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, I think the Tower of Fate scene is a follow up to Zatanna seeing Connor at the end of episode 13. Interesting Nightwing and Kaldur are in the Tower as well.

Civil unrest in Atlantis. Intriguing. Looks like a new girl character and whoever is doing the hand clap shockwave thing near the end of the trailer. Definitely looks like Kaldur vs. King Shark. As we saw in the season 1 era tie-in comic, there are some dissatisfied citizens in the kingdom. We know from the crew shirt Xebel is a factor. Hmm. Maybe the girl is Mera's sister?

Rocket and New Gods in one arc? SWEET. A new character, a boy I think, being found by Ma'al and the Parademon on Apokolips? And something's up with Orion, if that is him (i.e. Chameleon Boy or Ma'al could be posing), like being controlled by the Anti-Life Equation or something. Definitely looks like he's fighting the "mystery saboteur."

Nitpick, ah... "spring" we know that already.

EDIT: More Ask Greg replies.

Jace's reason for going to Markovia was "opportunity."

Bumblebee and Lagoon Boy joined the Team in Team Year Four and Beast Boy joined in Team Year Five.

Cissie debuted as Arrowette in Team Year Seven (and previously we learned she joined the Team in the same year).

Barbara Gordon debuted as Batgirl in Team Year Three, Karen Beecher debuted as Bumblebee in Team Year Four, La'gaan debuted as Lagoon Boy in Team Year Four, and Garfield Logan debuted as Beast Boy in Team Year Two.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
New trailer and some teases from Weisman and Vietti on the second half of the season. Still no official date beyond Spring.

Here's the YouTube version.

Thoughts:

- Well, if you weren't happy with all the magical characters that got sidelined in Zatanna's arc (including herself) looks like they're back to prominence again with Dr. Fate Zee! I wonder what they're doing with that belltower...I don't think that involves Conner :confused:.

- Rocket's arc being New Gods focus is cool, if unexpected, especially because most people assumed that if it would focus on anything it would probably be Milestone characters. I only hesitate to feel like the New Gods content might end up overshadowing developing Rocket like in Zatanna's arc. It already looks like there's going to be a lot of Orion :(.

- Oh hey, speaking of which, the real Orion finally shows up :p.

- "You're not the true king!" Is that referring to Orin? Are we getting some Atlantean political strife :oops:?

- Kaldur has a beard now, because apparently Aquaman has to have a beard :p.

- Guessing that's a flashback to their school days with younger Kaldur and King Shark :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Thoughts:

- Well, if you weren't happy with all the magical characters that got sidelined in Zatanna's arc (including herself) looks like they're back to prominence again with Dr. Fate Zee! I wonder what they're doing with that belltower...I don't think that involves Conner :confused:.
Could be their version of a seance.

- "You're not the true king!" Is that referring to Orin? Are we getting some Atlantean political strife :oops:?
There was just an Ask Greg answer that Weisman confirmed Orin and Orm are half-brothers. But then again, Orm is a goner at this point.

Frontier

Staff member
Could be their version of a seance.
Kind of a lot of name players for a seance :eek:.
There was just an Ask Greg answer that Weisman confirmed Orin and Orm are half-brothers. But then again, Orm is a goner at this point.
Be kind of hilarious if Orm has a son who is more relevant and significant than he ever was :p.

Frontier

Staff member
Which does kind of put it into perspective her being so gung-ho about taking over as Fate that she probably feels like she's doing right by her mentor (whereas with Khalid he had a personal connection to it and was in a more objective headspace) o_O.
Kind of makes you wonder about how her aging works in relation to her time in the present-day and outside Themyscira. We know she left originally for WW2 and eventually came back, so would she have been around 18-20 then? Did she stop aging then until she returned for the modern age of heroes :confused:?
I can't imagine an older Diana. Maybe one white streak in her hair.

Future State Wonder Woman:

00112_fs_immortal_ww__07138.1613521474.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts