“Checkered Past” News & Discussion

JMTV

Tater Tot!
They have delayed quite a bit on airing the Cow and Chicken No Smoking short… it’s very strange since they air the intro for it before every single WaC short. Is it still on some sort of ban list due to smoking? Given the amount of children’s advertisers on Checkered Past, maybe they can’t show certain taboo subjects like smoking? It was scheduled to air but got removed. Then again we had some pretty raunchy shorts air like the Bakshi one which was TV-14 and surprisingly sexualized for a CN pilot. Did that one air with a Y7 originally?!
Yeah, I don't understand it either.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
What I don't understand is why all the shorts had the cow and chicken intro and on top of that in its cut form cutting like 5 seconds. Wouldnt it be easier to air them as they are instead of editing them? Btw do they pay royalties for them?

parkersfan89

They have delayed quite a bit on airing the Cow and Chicken No Smoking short… it’s very strange since they air the intro for it before every single WaC short. Is it still on some sort of ban list due to smoking? Given the amount of children’s advertisers on Checkered Past, maybe they can’t show certain taboo subjects like smoking? It was scheduled to air but got removed. Then again we had some pretty raunchy shorts air like the Bakshi one which was TV-14 and surprisingly sexualized for a CN pilot. Did that one air with a Y7 originally?!
they aired the actual show along w/ I Am Weasel not that long ago!

Last edited:

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Staff member
Perhaps a first for the WaC! episodes, Pfish and Chip aired without the epilepsy warning and has a rating of TV-Y7 (presumably this is due to being marked as "Cartoon Cartoon" on TV guides instead of "What a Cartoon Show" like the rest of them are).

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Perhaps a first for the WaC! episodes, Pfish and Chip aired without the epilepsy warning and has a rating of TV-Y7 (presumably this is due to being marked as "Cartoon Cartoon" on TV guides instead of "What a Cartoon Show" like the rest of them are).
Yeah, which is....pretty interesting, to say the least.

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
And having the ending credits being cut off midway through.

I 'm not kidding.
Must have been an error on the network's end. HBO MAX Latin America’s print of that cartoon have the full end credits

(oh and speaking of...yes, HBO MAX USA added the What a Cartoon Show to it's service a few days ago. The prints on there lack the What a Cartoon opening and just jump straight to the titles (except for Worm Paranoia which just jumps straight into the cartoon like how it's shown on Checkered Past) but other than that, it's basically the same as how they've been shown on Checkered Past (with the Cartoon Cartoon intro music and all that) and the prints quality is the same as the Latin America version of HBO MAX. This appears to prove that the What a Cartoon intro was tacked onto the HBO MAX Latin America prints (and the Checkered Past ones too but you already knew that ;)).

(EDIT: Most of the info in the previous paragraph is wrong. See my next post)

Last edited:

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Must have been an error on the network's end.
Yeah, could be.
(oh and speaking of...yes, HBO MAX USA added the What a Cartoon Show to it's service a few days ago. The prints on there lack the What a Cartoon opening and just jump straight to the titles (except for Worm Paranoia which just jumps straight into the cartoon like how it's shown on Checkered Past) but other than that, it's basically the same as how they've been shown on Checkered Past (with the Cartoon Cartoon intro music and all that) and the prints quality is the same as the Latin America version of HBO MAX. This appears to prove that the What a Cartoon intro was tacked onto the HBO MAX Latin America prints (and the Checkered Past ones too but you already knew that ;)).
Really? Are you sure about that? Because I checked, the What a Cartoon shorts is in the Latin American version of Max, not in the US, as far as I know.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Really? Are you sure about that? Because I checked, the What a Cartoon shorts is in the Latin American version of Max, not in the US, as far as I know.

I found the page for the show, which has a full description and shorts listed, but it also has the following message at the top:

Oh no! This title currently isn’t available to watch in your country.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Staff member
Y7 on Adult Swim? Wild.
Wouldn't be the first time it happened!

If going by Poprojo (the Adult Swim content rating archive), TV-Y7 has also appeared on both Spumco Yogi Bear cartoons, both Spumco Jetsons cartoons, Night of the Living Doo and 25 Space Ghost Coast to Coast episodes. And that's just naming a few! (For example, the 2000 pilot The Lewis Lectures was rated Y7 when it stealth premiered, but appears to be unrated on the website and its 2002 reairing).

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
Yeah, I checked that, and it looked like it came from Latin America.
As it turns out, I was wrong and you are correct. I don’t have HBO Max (neither US or Latin America) so I can’t say for myself, but according to a user yes, they’re still on HBO MAX Latin America/Itunes.

(Also the prints that I said on HBO MAX LA are actually the same as how they air on Checkered Past (sans the Cow and Chicken What a Cartoon opening of course). I had to rely on unofficial reuploads and apparently, the user who uploaded them reinstated the What a Cartoon opening. This I didn’t catch. Sorry for misinforming you all. This is what happens when I forget to read carefully)

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
That’s okay. We’re cool.:)
Thanks.

However, I’ll make it up to to y’all by informing you that yesterday’s broadcast of Meet the Reaper on What a Cartoon didn’t have the What a Cartoon opening like the other shorts (makes sense as that aired after the What a Cartoon series ended) and had no credits.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts