4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, that's schedule is kind of weird. I'm surprised that they would air TMNT, which is fairly dark, early in the morning. It might have to do with how they're repeats instead of new episodes. I'm also disappointed with no Viva Pinata on there. I'm not sure how it was doing it ratings, but I was enjoying it and its humor. I am glad that they put BttS on at ten so that I can watch it and still watch Pokemon too. While I do understand why they put 5Ds on at eleven thirty, especially since both Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX aired near or on that time slot, but I did like seeing the new episodes a bit earlier than usual so that my Saturday morning shows would be done earlier too. The schedule still is pretty random, but the later half works well for me.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
So wait, how many E/I series will 4Kids have? o_O

The only one that we know of for sure is GoGoRiki.

You rather the online episodes were cropped?

Then again, I do agree...My computer isn't advanced enough to run these HD episodes properly, so I can't even watch season 2...

You should tell them that, then. The tech team at 4Kids is really friendly and responds to pretty much every post.

Kyle said:
We are beta testing the new video site and would love to hear your thoughts or if you encounter a glitch or bug. Please post your comments in the Video Player Help & FAQ Forum by clicking here .
I don't suppose the episode schedule for Oct 25th is available yet?

Nope. Guess 4Kids is still doing some last-minute planning. :sweat:

I'll make sure to post the schedule as soon as it shows up if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
The only one that we know of for sure is GoGoRiki.
Actually we know they also have Winx Club and Magical DoReMi, both of which are also e/i. They might also have the second season of The Adrenaline Project. It's at least 3 that they have though.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
4Kids has put up the Dinosaur King episode "Rhino or Dino?" up on their website in glorious High Definition. It looks really good in its uncropped form...it's probably better quality than the DVD version.

The first four episodes of Chaotic's second season are now online as well, although they aren't in HD yet.
About time . . . when I emailed them about the updates they said that they were . . . and that was four weeks ago.

Probably ran into trouble.:shrug:

Very weird how they removed some of their best shows.

RayChuang

It will be interesting to see how many 4Kids shows will go HDTV widescreen format. Is it possible that Season 4 of Winx Club (coming spring 2009) will go to this format?

(Interestingly, GOGOriki was animated originally in 16:9 format with Adobe Flash animation, so that show is ready for the HDTV transition.)

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
It will be interesting to see how many 4Kids shows will go HDTV widescreen format. Is it possible that Season 4 of Winx Club (coming spring 2009) will go to this format?

(Interestingly, GOGOriki was animated originally in 16:9 format with Adobe Flash animation, so that show is ready for the HDTV transition.)

Wouldn't surprise me if Winx went HD.

As for GoGoRiki, the episodes 4Kids uploads onto their website are all in HD as well.

Golfkid

Yeah, that's schedule is kind of weird. I'm surprised that they would air TMNT, which is fairly dark, early in the morning. It might have to do with how they're repeats instead of new episodes. I'm also disappointed with no Viva Pinata on there. I'm not sure how it was doing it ratings, but I was enjoying it and its humor. I am glad that they put BttS on at ten so that I can watch it and still watch Pokemon too. While I do understand why they put 5Ds on at eleven thirty, especially since both Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX aired near or on that time slot, but I did like seeing the new episodes a bit earlier than usual so that my Saturday morning shows would be done earlier too. The schedule still is pretty random, but the later half works well for me.

Maybe 4Kids wants to kids to get up early, watch TMNT BttS, and watch the rest of the line-up, up to Yugioh 5d's?

Light Lucario

Staff member
Maybe 4Kids wants to kids to get up early, watch TMNT BttS, and watch the rest of the line-up, up to Yugioh 5d's?

That would be an interesting way to approach how to get more kids to watch their whole line-up. I'm not sure if that's what they're going for since 5D's hasn't had excellent ratings from what I understand. Nothing horrible, I would think since its up there with how GX did, but nothing to be praised with either. They probably wanted to promote more of TMNT since it is the franchise's 25th anniversary, though it would have been better to have that a bit later in the morning for that in my opinion.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
October 25th, 2008 (4Kids TV)
08:00 AM Di-Gata Defenders - Dark Descent (#20) NEW
08:30 AM Biker Mice from Mars - Biker Mice Down Under (#7) NEW
09:00 AM Sonic X - A Dastardly Deed (#25)
09:30 AM Sonic X - Countdown to Chaos (#26)
10:00 AM Chaotic: M'arrillian Invasion - Chaor's Commandos, Part 2 (#47) NEW
10:30 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward - Night of Sh'okanabo! (#124)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - Crusade for the Blade (#60)
11:30 AM Winx Club - Save the First Dance (#3)

October 25th, 2008 (The CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will and Dewitt - Just Venting; Night of the Living Teenager (#7)
07:30 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Things Change (#1) NEW to CW4Kids
08:00 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - A Better Mousetrap (#2) NEW to CW4Kids
08:30 AM GoGoRiki - The Beauty Within; The Magic Trick; Bad Manners (#5) NEW
09:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Catalysts (#7)
09:30 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Reaction (#8)
10:00 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer - Incredible Shrinking Serling (#149) NEW
10:30 AM Dinosaur King - Battle Royale! (#33) NEW
11:00 AM Chaotic - The Curse of Korbek (#30) NEW to CW4Kids
11:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - The Facility, Part 2 (#7) NEW

This week on 4Kids TV, Biker Mice goes back nine episodes, while the first season of Sonic X comes to a close.

On the CW4Kids, the original TMNT premieres on the CW4Kids, replacing Skunk Fu! and Viva Pinata. The Spectacular Spider-Man gets an additional airing, basically replacing an airing of Chaotic.

Last edited by a moderator:

mumbo

Look skyward
Ugh, I wish they'd show Season 3 or 4 episodes of TMNT, which they never show, instead of Season 1, which they've repeated ad nauseum.

CyberCubed

The funny thing is all old TMNT episodes are on the 4kidsTV.com videoplayer anyway, so why bother to watch them on TV when you can catch the whole thing online?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Ugh, I wish they'd show Season 3 or 4 episodes of TMNT, which they never show, instead of Season 1, which they've repeated ad nauseum.

Well, not everyone who gets the CW4Kids gets 4Kids TV. Considering how TMNT has strong continuity, it's probably better to start from the beginning.

The funny thing is all old TMNT episodes are on the 4kidsTV.com videoplayer anyway, so why bother to watch them on TV when you can catch the whole thing online?

Not everyone has broadband either. And a lot of people like watching stuff on TV anyway, since it has higher quality picture than streaming video.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, October 11, 2008 Broadcast Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
ABC
1.0/5 Avg. (9a-1p) ABC aired from 9a-12p only this day
The Emperor's New School 0.7/3; The Replacements 0.9/4; That's So Raven 1.2/6; That's So Raven 1.3/6; Hannah Montana 1.0/5; Suite Life of Zack & Cody 1.0/5
FOX (4KidsTV)
1.0/5 Avg. (8a-12n)
Di-Gata Defenders 0.3/2; Biker Mice-Mars 0.5/3; Sonic X 1.1/5; Sonic X 1.4/6; Chaotic M'arrillian Invasion 1.5/7; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward 1.2/6; Kirby 1.2/6; Winx Club 0.6/3
CW (TheCW4Kids)
0.7/4 Avg. (7a-12p)
Will & DeWitt 0.5/5; Skunk Fu 0.6/5; Viva Pinata 0.7/4; Gogoriki 0.9/4; Spectacular Spider-Man 0.8/4; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 0.9/4; Dinosaur King 0.8.4; Yu-Gi-Oh 5D 0.7/3; Chaotic 0.6/3; Chaotic 0.3/2
CBS (KEWLopolis on CBS)
0.3/2 Avg. (7-10a/10a-12p)
Cake 0.2/1; Horseland 0.3/1; Dino Squad 0.3/2; Strawberry Shortcake 0.3/1; Care Bears 0.3/2; Sushi Pack 0.5/3
NBC (Qubo on NBC)
Avg. 0.3/1 (10a-1p)
Jane and the Dragon 0.3/1; Zula Patrol 0.2/1; 321 Penguins/Larryboy Adventures 0.2/1; Veggie Tales 0.2/1; Turbo Dogs 0.5/3; My Friend Rabbi 0.3/2
Well...that explains why they're going to shift the CW4Kids lineup around. Nothing broke a 1.0. :sweat: M'arrillian Invasion is still doing well, though. It was the highest-rated show on Saturday morning once again.

CyberCubed

I thought 4kids moved to the CW in the first place because they thought they would be getting higher ratings, but now it looks like the switch was pointless and they should have just stayed on Fox.

At this rate the CW block is a failure and its ridiculous that most of the reruns on 4kids are doing better than the CW.

I guess 4kids failed to let kids know they have another block, and now they're paying the price. CW4kids probably won't do well until 4kidsTV dies completely forcing kids to switch over.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
I can't figure that one out, either. Are people that turned off by the loss of "Kids WB"? I doubt it has much to do with Fox having a higher concentration of VHF stations. (There used to be a time when that mattered)

CyberCubed

Perhaps 4kids should have just renewed 4kidsTV for 5 years and never bought the CW block.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. Most people expected 4kids to do better, but now it seems they're doing worse, if that's even possible.

At this rate you get the impression...what's the point? Starting a new block with all these new shows is pointless if nobody is going to watch. You might as well say Saturday mornings are dead and just call it quits.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Perhaps 4kids should have just renewed 4kidsTV for 5 years and never bought the CW block.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. Most people expected 4kids to do better, but now it seems they're doing worse, if that's even possible.

At this rate you get the impression...what's the point? Starting a new block with all these new shows is pointless if nobody is going to watch. You might as well say Saturday mornings are dead and just call it quits.

I hate to say it" Saturday morning cartoons are dead.:crying: We might all need a new passion. Cartoons are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!
I think The Cramp Twins, the TV series, is set in the Southeastern USA. Not just because of the swamp, they also drink root beer floats too (not at A&W but at Western-themed places).

The irony is that us Europeans don't like root beer and root beer floats

Featured Posts