"Avengers: Endgame" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this movie

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 4 30.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

reflection01

Did it undo it though? Perhaps the husband was Steve all along but that was a cover story for this second “Steve Rogers” she married. She couldn’t call him Steve because Cap hadn’t thawed out and gone back in time yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Fair point. Hmm, then Steve went undetected for 40+ years. Idk, but I'm still processing it obviously.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Not to mention this means they are creating new timelines which means Thanos and everyone else should have been dead after 2014 and the Space Stone got captured by Loki who then escaped.

Dudley

Staff member
It makes me think about the state of the MCU in the future. Are they even going to be bothered maintaining some kind of shared universe anymore? Will the movies be more standalone? That’s not really a good idea. I think a lot of people watched some of theses movies because they knew it tied into something bigger like the Avengers movies. It’ll be interesting to see how these movies will perform in the future.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Did Tony's snap kill them all or did he put them back in 2014? Does the absence of 2014 Nebula and Gamora screw up the past? 2014 Gamora being in the present is fine I guess since it's 2023 and she died in 2018 so there's no Gamora at that point for a paradox...
There lies one big issue that Endgame is facing: by killing off the 2014 version of Thanos, the film is making a HUGE time paradox scenario.

Freddy

There lies one big issue that Endgame is facing: by killing off the 2014 version of Thanos, the film is making a HUGE time paradox scenario.

Not really. Both Banner and The Ancient One make it pretty clear that you can't change the past, just create new timelimes. Killing past-Thanos and his forces will simply create an alternative timeline where they mysteriously disappeared one day.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
It makes me think about the state of the MCU in the future. Are they even going to be bothered maintaining some kind of shared universe anymore? Will the movies be more standalone? That’s not really a good idea. I think a lot of people watched some of theses movies because they knew it tied into something bigger like the Avengers movies. It’ll be interesting to see how these movies will perform in the future.

Nah, thyey'll definitely still connect in some ways, though I do think they might wait a while before doing the next big crossover. Gotta plant some more seeds first, so to speak.

Meanwhile, Endgame has broken practically every single opening weekend record ever.

Dudley

Staff member

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Not really. Both Banner and The Ancient One make it pretty clear that you can't change the past, just create new timelimes. Killing past-Thanos and his forces will simply create an alternative timeline where they mysteriously disappeared one day.
If thats how ot works then how did Steve return as an old man.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
However, there's also the issue of Nebula killing her past self.

Freddy

This is the Marvel Universe. There are millions of ways for that to happen, but the emotional ending was more important than one last piece of expotision.

Dan Murrel from Screen Junkies had a decent theory that after Peggy passed away he could have simply contacted Hank Pym, told him how to time travel with Pym Particles and returned to his original timeline with his help.

However, there's also the issue of Nebula killing her past self.

Nope, because that Nebula was from different timeline. They directly addressed that earlier, when Rhodey asked why they don't simply go to kill Thanos when he was a baby.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
There's a claim Director Carter referred to Black Knight when Steve saw her in 1970.
The article says its Captain Britain, not Black Knight.

Although I do I find it interesting how some actors have approached wanting to play the role since a lot of the time movies usually only go made because a big name star sees a script and wants involvement.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well it's specifically that you can't change YOUR past because that's just creating alternate different timelines but you can stay and go to differing timelines and be apart of them and have them be your timeline.

Technically that means that if you think about it, someone could of gone back and picked up Black Widow before she sacrificed herself to get the Soul Stone because the version of her they know still sacrificed herself to get the soul stone so their reality would of been fine by stopping her from dying after she did if that makes any sense. That is kind of a hole admittedly though guess that opens a can of worms of "technically even though they are still dead in this reality I can use time travel to bring back someone who died before so they're here with me now" if you think about it.

johnnybro2883

Brony, Furry and FIM forever
No, unfortunately.

On a serious, somewhat angry note, I suffered the displeasure of being spoiled ALL of the important character deaths (I'm sure whoever's watched the movie knows who they are). I guess it won't matter in the long run but for now, I'm upset. Now that that's out of the way, I still enjoyed this movie a lot. It's the perfect culmination of everything the MCU has established over the past decade. They managed to expertly handle each of the character arcs and tied them up nicely without turning the movie into a muddled mess, and the climax of the movie was just beautifully done, even if it was spoiled to me. Structurally speaking though, I think Infinity War is still the better movie, but in terms of emotional punch, Endgame packs the heaviest.

I think it would have been to violent and gory for a PG-13 movie to show thanos exploding but otherwise i think infinity war was better because everyone (except ant-man) was there to fight thanos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
The fact that Jarvis' shows up in this but none of the Defenders even show up during the final battle makes it feel like we need levels of what is canon in the MCU like with the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts