"Batman: Caped Crusader (Amazon Prime)" Animated Series News & Discussion Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
According to his LinkedIn... Jeremy Adams was involved in the ''development'' stage of Batman: Caped Crusader.

It's possible he was the writer (that Ed Brubaker alluded to) that was working on the pitch for the series with Timm and Tucker in the early days.
Adams replied, "I developed it for a year with Bruce and then was let go after it was greenlit. One of those sad hollywood stories."

Frontier

Staff member
Seeing that we have both Barbara and Selina saying "nice car" I wonder if there's going to be a running gag of women or characters in general saying "nice car" whenever the Batmobile speeds by :p?

Though Zatanna in B:TAS did it too :rolleyes2:.
Adams replied, "I developed it for a year with Bruce and then was let go after it was greenlit. One of those sad hollywood stories."
Ah, I feel bad for Adams :(.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It would be more of a driving gag than a running one.
Well played. Well played. BUT,
giphy.gif

:p :p

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member

Otaku-sempai

Anybody find this on newsstands yet? I've been looking for over two weeks for the August issue. For the first two weeks, Barnes & Noble had the summer issue, and this week it's the July issue. Argh!
I've been meaning to go to our local B&N and look for it. The issue should have been released more than a week ago, but it still has to ship to the US.

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
I didn't realize that they were a British magazine, but then again I'm not a regular reader. Thanks, Otaku-sempai. I'll give it a few more weeks.

On a tangential note, I've got a new piece on Aglets Are Sinister about the origins of Caped Crusader. Apparently the genesis of this series can be traced back to 2013.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Anybody find this on newsstands yet? I've been looking for over two weeks for the August issue. For the first two weeks, Barnes & Noble had the summer issue, and this week it's the July issue. Argh!
If you're ok with the digital version, I recommend Pocketmags. I've used it a lot lately because it tends to take a while for the British mags to ship to B&N stores.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I didn't realize that they were a British magazine, but then again I'm not a regular reader. Thanks, Otaku-sempai. I'll give it a few more weeks.

On a tangential note, I've got a new piece on Aglets Are Sinister about the origins of Caped Crusader. Apparently the genesis of this series can be traced back to 2013.

Apparently, it's only half a page and doesn't provide anything substantial, so I decided to skip it. I used to love EMPIRE growing up, but the cost of the magazine now really doesn't feel like good value for money. I purchased June's issue for the Beetlejuice cover and main article, but it felt pretty flimsy overall.

The new poster is beautiful and I like it a lot more than the one where Batman is hanging off the neon sign. They really should start crediting the artists who create these key arts. They deserve to be recognized.

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
Apparently, it's only half a page and doesn't provide anything substantial, so I decided to skip it. I used to love EMPIRE growing up, but the cost of the magazine now really doesn't feel like good value for money. I purchased June's issue for the Beetlejuice cover and main article, but it felt pretty flimsy overall.
I know, but I've spent over two years scrapbooking DCAU articles and web documents for my writing. I'm not missing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Brandy and Mr. Whiskers turns 20 today. Disney Channel has the put the first episode on Youtube, no it's not on Disney Plus.
Will Maria Robotnik ever star in a Sonic cartoon as a regular or a recurring character?
As I don't have my community tab from YouTube anymore to write on (for now), I willl tell you here some of the things I will do to keep you somehow up-to-date. Tonight, the film I will be watching is one that once again reminds me that Disney is still 100 and I can still celebrate.
I'm glad Teens Titans Go doesn't get much hate anymore, but the damage had been done when Christina Miller left CN in 2019. People should have given her a chance and she pushed a lot when it comes to the CN app.

awinger24 wrote on Goldstar!'s profile.
You were right and I was wrong. Whatever I was fearing about in the past was uncalled for. I do wish things get better in Hollywood soon.

Featured Posts