C&C - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - "Goodbye, Morioh - The Heart of Gold" [6/8] (END OF PART 4)

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Interesting ending to the finale, but it feels like Josuke got robbed of dealing the final blow when Jotaro again gets to throw the final punch. It was cool seeing this end fight be more of a team effort than the solo Jotaro vs. Dio fight and Koichi and Okayasu had one last moment to shine. This is also the first time the dog got revenge on the villain. Does ghost Iggy get to send ghost Vanilla Ice to hell too? Apparently, JoJo had the "villain gets dragged by hands" ending before Fullmetal Alchemist did it. I'll miss JoJo, but the Lupin promo looks really awesome.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Well, I didn't have any interest in the whole franchise until I got curious back in December, and the first episode I'd end up watching was from this setting, in which Jotaro and Josuke are rat hunting. I watched and had gotten very into it, then it trickled down. Reading bios and what-not from unseen episodes I got the gist. Ended up really liking the characters for this series including Josuke. Also found it fun verbally saying his last name of Higashikata.

Fun and nicely written season on my belief, and should Golden Wind ever arrive, I may enjoy that too.

To make up for the brief censorship.

This reminds me of a certain gent from Mission Hill whom twice in two different episodes repeatedly whispered a certain word (heard at the end of your linked video) into first Kevin's ear and then his friend Toby's mom on a payphone before running off seconds later both times.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
This is the first time in a long time we had a word bleeped on Toonami. F bombs, both C bombs, and "boner" appear to be forbidden on Toonami. This is the first time we learned that Adult Swim bans that word. I guess dubs intended for Toonami since the TV version of Deadman Wonderland Funimation did about 7 episodes in go out of their way to avoid the forbidden words. I and Viz probably thought only the F and C words are a problem and didn't expect a bleep. Of course, being a memetic line, they probably decided to have a forbidden word anyway (which you can only hear on the Blu Ray or the streams whenever they come out) and let Adult Swim bleep it. Otherwise, I think dubs made to premiere on Toonami try to avoid those words so we don't have awkward bleeps.

Volthoom

So fun fact, Kira got a short lived spin off manga called Deadman's Questions, in which he is an amnesiac ghost detective/hitman working for a Shinto priest.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Is the dub uncensored on the [as] app/website/VOD? I heard that the bleeped word is actually cock, not boner.

Last edited:

Volthoom

Not sure why the dub people went with that. The Japanese text translates literally to erection, and the Duwang translation went with boner. I mean I get that they have to change some stuff to match the lip flaps, but somethings make for weird choices.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
A C bomb makes most sense as Black Lagoon also censored that word. I'm surprised they didn't go with boner because that may be allowable on Adult Swim. Then again, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex put S bombs in the script back when that word was a no-no on Adult Swim, creating awkward bleeps. Dubs don't always write around Adult Swim's practices. I wish they could substitute a word for the broadcast dub, like boner, and keep the C bomb for the Blu Rays and streams. Bleeps are kinda distracting, but they aren't the end of the world.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts