Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Um..Romania is also a Balkan too
Also is an Eastern country. Like DIsney RO/BG don't have so much to do with CE
I thought the Balkans are just Southeastern countries like Bulgaria and ex-Yugoslavian states, and that Romania is CEE country with Hungary and Poland. Suddenly, I found out it's part of it.

Alexkik

It would be better to launch CN for the Russian-speaking CIS and Baltic countries (I believe that Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are broadcasting a channel in Russian).

+ it will be easier to show old content this way
~14 countries (if you count the Baltic) have CN RSEE in Russian. I'm surprised they didn't launch the local version.

TVArchive

after all, the Russian language was gradually added to the channel. It's a pity that I didn't download all the recordings while testing the Russian soundtrack.

information from europe.turnerinfo
Screenshot_20220911-195735_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220911-195558_Chrome.jpg

narq

Cartoon Network Poland and Boomerang CEE October 2022 Highlights

Cartoon Network

Total Dramarama - New episodes starting October 24th at 14:50 CET.
Cartoon Network's Birthday Party (PL: Urodzinowa Impreza Cartoon Network) - Starting October 3rd at 13:00 CET. The marathon will feature Apple and Onion, We Baby Bears, Looney Tunes: Cartoons, Teen Titans Go, DC Super Hero Girls and Craig of the Creek.
Scooby Doo and Guess Who - Season 2 premieres on October 29th at 9:40 CET.
Ninjago - Season 4 premieres on October 31st at 18:00 CET.

Boomerang/Cartoonito
Lucas the Spider - Premieres October 3rd at 13:30 CET.
Batwheels - Premieres October 15th at 9:30 CET.
Thomas and Friends - New episodes starting October 17th at 13:00 CET.

Source:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Cartoon Network Poland and Boomerang CEE October 2022 Highlights

Cartoon Network

Total Dramarama - New episodes starting October 24th at 14:50 CET.
Cartoon Network's Birthday Party (PL: Urodzinowa Impreza Cartoon Network) - Starting October 3rd at 13:00 CET. The marathon will feature Apple and Onion, We Baby Bears, Looney Tunes: Cartoons, Teen Titans Go, DC Super Hero Girls and Craig of the Creek.
Scooby Doo and Guess Who - Season 2 premieres on October 29th at 9:40 CET.
Ninjago - Season 4 premieres on October 31st at 18:00 CET.

Boomerang/Cartoonito
Lucas the Spider - Premieres October 3rd at 13:30 CET.
Batwheels - Premieres October 15th at 9:30 CET.
Thomas and Friends - New episodes starting October 17th at 13:00 CET.

Source:
The article made a mistake about CN's launch date, it's 1st October not 10th August.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect:
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Powerpuff Girls 2017
Ben 10
Ben 10 2016
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Foster's Home
Over The Garden Wall
Long Live The Royals

Maybe also:
Scooby-Doo Where Are You
Flintstones
OKKO!

They can only air shows that have been dubbed into all languages (CZ/HU/RO). Unless they decided to dub them additionally. Also, the shows I mentioned are all known and new. We shall see.

I messaged them.
The Flintstones hasn't aired on any Cartoon Network in Europe since the launch of Boomerang AFAIK. Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo are more likely than The Flintstones.

They will definitely focus on CN originals. CN CEE might also air Samurai Jack, which is also dubbed into Czech after all. I wouldn't expect any other old cartoons on CN CEE because it would require new dubs.
after all, the Russian language was gradually added to the channel. It's a pity that I didn't download all the recordings while testing the Russian soundtrack.

information from europe.turnerinfoView attachment 300118
Back in March 2005, CN EMEA was still completely in English in Russia. Proof from this Russian YouTube channel

With "100% Russian", they meant that even the commercial breaks were dubbed into Russian. (unlike the Dutch audiotrack)

TVArchive

Back in March 2005, CN EMEA was still completely in English in Russia. Proof from this Russian YouTube channel

With "100% Russian", they meant that even the commercial breaks were dubbed into Russian. (unlike the Dutch audiotrack)
I've already figured that out.

In 1999, Cartoon Network registered in Russia "Dexter's Laboratory", "The Powerpuff Girls", "Space Ghost", "Cow and Chicken", "I am weasel" and "jonny bravo". In the same year, Most-Video Studio received exclusive rights from Warner Brothers for licensed content.

On the old forums of local operators, people wrote that the channel randomly broadcasts in Russian. There used to be entries in VK, but they were removed from this summer due to copyright. They confirmed by this that the old dubs are in the archives.

in 2002, Most-Video studio lost the rights from Warner. in 2005, most of the cartoons were re-dubbed, I don't know what this is related to

Surprisingly Cartoon Cartoons was dubbed -

StrikersSeventyOG

Cartoon Network CEE Continuity (Romania Feed) as of September 11, 2022​

Other news:​

Batwheels will premiere on Cartoonito on CN Asia in late September 2022 or October 2022 according to this Batman's birthday marathon promo.

Last edited:

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect:
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Powerpuff Girls 2017
Ben 10
Ben 10 2016
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Foster's Home
Over The Garden Wall
Long Live The Royals

Maybe also:
Scooby-Doo Where Are You
Flintstones
OKKO!

They can only air shows that have been dubbed into all languages (CZ/HU/RO). Unless they decided to dub them additionally. Also, the shows I mentioned are all known and new. We shall see.

I messaged them.
opinion: is same what happen to asia, many lost dub from old show was cn asia not fit aired again because rating and to not popular. so that cn asia only aired often old ppg, courage and foster in cn and boomerang.
in case same like hbo go, billy mandy and dexter laboratory is really hard to aired in asia again (except jhonny bravo in PH).

i hope they aired samurai jack s1 and 2 and thundercats 2011 too in unfortunely, even they are not part of cartoon network again.

Status: working my parade cartoon network cosplay to celebrate cartoon network anniversary.

StrikersSeventyOG

opinion: is same what happen to asia, many lost dub from old show was cn asia not fit aired again because rating and to not popular. so that cn asia only aired often old ppg, courage and foster in cn and boomerang.
in case same like hbo go, billy mandy and dexter laboratory is really hard to aired in asia again (except jhonny bravo in PH).

i hope they aired samurai jack s1 and 2 and thundercats 2011 too in unfortunely, even they are not part of cartoon network again.

Status: working my parade cartoon network cosplay to celebrate cartoon network anniversary.
Actually, CN classics include Johnny Bravo still airing on the Philippines channel's TV 5 every weekday.

Francisque

It's hard to have a common birthday for shared feeds, since the launches among countries where the channel launched in different dates, so they might even celebrate on the American birthday date/year full stop
As the diplomatic conflicts has worsen in Europe, and there is no stop to the conflict until now, it's time to launch CN Pan-Regional (ex-Yugoslavia and Macedonia) and CN Balkan (Mainly for Bulgaria and Balkan), replacing CN SEE (Continuing in places like Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Georgia) in Southeastern Europe.
Children channels are easier to manage with pan-feeds than channels catering for older audiences.

I don't get what a pan-regional feed for ex-Yugoslavia and Macedonia alone would give (or giving a "Bulgarian" feed? Romania is only partly Balkan anyway), and the set-up looks confusing.

Balkans "should" include in classic definitions ex-Yugo countries already.

It's better to have something like: CN CE (Central Europe for CET countries: Czechia-Slovakia, Hungary) and EE for the rest... but if they haven't done it already, then it means it's more complicated than we think

Last edited:

J10

Children channels are easier to manage with pan-feeds than channels catering for older audiences.

I don't get what a pan-regional feed for ex-Yugoslavia and Macedonia alone would give (or giving a "Bulgarian" feed? Romania is only partly Balkan anyway), and the set-up looks confusing.

Balkans "should" include in classic definitions ex-Yugo countries already.

It's better to have something like: CN CE (Central Europe for CET countries: Czechia-Slovakia, Hungary) and EE for the rest... but if they haven't done it already, then it means it's more complicated than we think
The difference was that the Pan-regional feed is going to be Ad-free for most countries, while Balkan feed would exist as Sub-feed mainly for Bulgaria, Slovenian, Albania (promos from their TV Platforms and ad for toys & beverage products), and would suitably fit the Baltics for ad-breaks. They would mention CET/EET on both channels, but programming and schedules would be different from both feeds.

This was the suggestions to create a replacement for SEE feed. Your suggestion is important, but there is another solution, as we need an Ad-free and Ad-supported feed. I might go with the first one, CN CE and CN EE, if the other solution would not fit for some of us.

Last edited:

J10

New Episodes from Teen Titans GO! will be aired on CN Arabic. Actually, they won’t ever air the recent promo (The one mentioned about the episodes being stolen from closet), being aired before on some feeds.

Guess what?! They'll skip that promo on CN Arabic in the future, after airing this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts