Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVArchive

"Tom and Jerry in New York" it was dubbed into Russian.

at the moment, the new episodes of Craig of the Creek and Jellystone (the last 9 episodes from the second season) are not duplicated.

I also started to observe that some new episodes of "Tomas and Friends" are being played in Romanian on Boomerang

CassandraRO

It's hard to have a common birthday for shared feeds, since the launches among countries where the channel launched in different dates, so they might even celebrate on the American birthday date/year full stop

Children channels are easier to manage with pan-feeds than channels catering for older audiences.

I don't get what a pan-regional feed for ex-Yugoslavia and Macedonia alone would give (or giving a "Bulgarian" feed? Romania is only partly Balkan anyway), and the set-up looks confusing.

Balkans "should" include in classic definitions ex-Yugo countries already.

It's better to have something like: CN CE (Central Europe for CET countries: Czechia-Slovakia, Hungary) and EE for the rest... but if they haven't done it already, then it means it's more complicated than we think
It dosen't matter,once recognized,is full Balkan dude

Reactions: J10

lizzie98

The Flintstones hasn't aired on any Cartoon Network in Europe since the launch of Boomerang AFAIK. Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo are more likely than The Flintstones.

They will definitely focus on CN originals. CN CEE might also air Samurai Jack, which is also dubbed into Czech after all. I wouldn't expect any other old cartoons on CN CEE because it would require new dubs.

Back in March 2005, CN EMEA was still completely in English in Russia. Proof from this Russian YouTube channel

With "100% Russian", they meant that even the commercial breaks were dubbed into Russian. (unlike the Dutch audiotrack)
And even in Scooby-Doo's case, I doubt they'd air anything older than Mystery Incorporated, unless they air New Scooby-Doo Movies, which they seem to treat as individual movies and not as much as a show per-se. My guess is that they'll just air mostly if not entirely 2010s shows since they haven't really aired any pre-2010 shows after 2018, and they seem more hesitant about it than other regions.
Hungary and Romania have a similar situation with the CIS and Baltic countries.
I think the birthday will be ignored since they never celebrated them.
Saying CN CEE never celebrated the channel's anniversary is also technically wrong if you count the 2012 Comedy Summer Festival block as an anniversary event since it was focused on classic shows, even airing more forgotten shows such as Sheep in The Big City and Time Squad as part of said block. Not to mention the channel around that time would bring back a lot of older series such as Cow and Chicken and would even premiere 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo dubbed for the first time on the channel.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
In terms of the night schedule, CN GAS is a pretty lucky feed.
We have SU, AT, RS and only a tiny bit of Gumball!

StrikersSeventyOG

Other news:​

Batwheels will premiere on Cartoonito on CN Asia in late September 2022 or October 2022 according to this Batman's birthday marathon promo.

As I said, it is confirmed!
Courtesy: Cartoon Network Asia Facebook
1663034841122.png

J10

Cartoon Network in VK posted localized promos. Can CN Russia exist somewhere?

There are TLC and Discovery Russia, and there are also European versions with a Russian soundtrack. Can CN work according to this scheme?

If Discovery have taken over Turner in the 1990s, CN would have done that and it would look like TLC and Discovery, in terms of Russian language in programs.

But currently, in reality, not right now, maybe in the future.

Last edited:

Francisque

Until the 18th of September, there's a pop up channel (replacing CN+1) in Italy, the Gumball channel.

You can watch it on-line for free, don't know if restricted for non-Italians

Francisque

Good to know!

There are some fillers there, but I think they show adverts instead of them on the actual channel on Sky

Francisque

So no georestriction there, great :)

ATM I don't understand what's going on, random bits from different episodes which I thought were fillers, and it doesn't go back to normal episodes (a normal schedule)

Perla Magica

Digital Love

Until the 18th of September, there's a pop up channel (replacing CN+1) in Italy, the Gumball channel.

You can watch it on-line for free, don't know if restricted for non-Italians
"The Amazing Channel of Gumball". What a neat name, too bad it wasn't called "Gumball TV".

J10

I guess it's not strict or banned in EMEA, as the live streaming is also viewable in MENA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts