Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Cartoon Network CEE January 2024 Premieres Info

(NEW) Hero Inside

20/01 - 10:54 CET - S1E01 / S1E02 - "Cry for Justice" / "The Darkest Night" (SERIES PREMIERE)
20/01 - 11:25 CET - S1E03 / S1E04 - "Great GRAVITY" / "Jewel of the Nile"
20/01 - 12:00 CET - S1E05 / S1E06 - "When You Hear That Funky Groove, I'm Coming For You!" / "Can You Water My Plants?"
20/01 - 12:35 CET - S1E07 / S1E08 - "Give Me My Gloves" / "Two Smiles"
20/01 - 13:05 CET - S1E09 / S1E10 - "Top of Coit Tower" / "Revolution"
20/01 - 13:40 CET - S1E011 - "Villains vs Heroes" / (repeat of "Cry for Justice") (SEASON FINALE)

Oh yeah, on HBO Max CEE it's still only the first two episodes that can be seen there ever since the show was first added on 2nd December.

Last edited:

StrikersSeventyOG

Just a reminder: After Christmas in Cartoon Network Asia. New upcoming 2024 shows are coming. The 2 of the shows are confirmed for the list for now.

CN: Tiny Toons Looniversity (Will show on 2024 upcoming promo)
Cartoonito: Interstellar Ella (Confirmed Release on January 4, 2024. Which I already posted on Cartoonito News & Discussion Thread with promo)

Noted: This is a confirmed show but more to come after the new promo release on December 26, 2023.

Markus Nelis

i don't get it. i'm not wrong though. For real, linear channels shouldn't focus on classics. Shows from 5 years ago wouldn't help either since that doesn't help them to increase ratings. It's going to be more Gumball and Teen Titans Go which I'm going to say it very honestly and I think it's not a question, are money makers.

Why can't I compare US to EMEA? It's fair to say that they're nostalgic because they know that most people there are outside demo audience. My point still stands that EMEA should stay as it is because it seems the current strategy works for them. They wouldn't stick with it either if it failed. If there's content kids like, there shouldn't be a problem. Adults can go to Max for variety. It can't be that expensive. Or switch the channel for variety. People complain way too much these days. CN has been targeting kids completely since mid 2010s. It's not a new thing. Be happy what you get. Things can get a lot worse.

Also don't act like CN shows now suck. Craig of the Creek is fantastic Adventure Time level show. And coming soon to EMEA is Tiny Toons Looniversity. I watched it and it was enjoyable. I honestly didn't like Mighty Magiswords and PPG reboot. And these came out in mid 2010s. CN has always had some bad shows.

Overall, CN is still good, only schedulling needs fixing really. I'm glad there are some CN defenders like me. It's not that bad. I don't see it being bad.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The problem is in the tight budgets here and limited age range.

Or other factors, like the quality of the dub or (worse even) censorship outside of the USA.

RegularCapital

Staff member
OSN and Warner Bros. Discovery expand partnership in the Middle East and North Africa: OSN and Warner Bros. Discovery have joined forces to enhance entertainment offerings on OSNtv starting from 1st January 2024. Cartoon Network, Fatafeat, and Animal Planet will be added to OSN’s channel lineup.

I guess that's the end of BeIN's satellite TV exclusivity over Cartoon Network MENA.

EDIT: Nothing about Cartoonito, but I think this is the first time OSN will get the MENA feed, when the pay version of Cartoon Network left OSN, it was the African version.

Last edited:

J10

OSN and Warner Bros. Discovery expand partnership in the Middle East and North Africa: OSN and Warner Bros. Discovery have joined forces to enhance entertainment offerings on OSNtv starting from 1st January 2024. Cartoon Network, Fatafeat, and Animal Planet will be added to OSN’s channel lineup.

I guess that's the end of BeIN's satellite TV exclusivity over Cartoon Network MENA.

EDIT: Nothing about Cartoonito, but I think this is the first time OSN will get the MENA feed, when the pay version of Cartoon Network left OSN, it was the African version.
Maybe it’ll get deleted from beIN’s Channel list without further notice, or it’ll be non-exclusive.

For CN, it was announced months ago that they’ll add Cartoon Network channels to OSN, from what I read in Variety, after they renewed their deal with WBD, and it isn’t something new.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
@Francisque I could record it maybe to help you understand what I mean. Basically with Nick you can see when the opt out starts and ends. With CN you can't. It's as if it was automated and calculated by the playout computer. Promo ends and we get Czech dubbed fillers (like in 2017/18) and then it cuts back to the feed's ident before the show.

Moleoman

Slightly off-top: Apparently, the main reason, various CN feeds don't bother to premiere new episodes of "Angelo Rules" is the fact that the show changed international distributors - it has disappeared from Cake Entertainment's site: https://cakeentertainment.com/catalogue?page[size]=48

Meanwhile, the show's Christmas special is distributed by APC Kids: Deals of the Holidays

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
i don't get it. i'm not wrong though. For real, linear channels shouldn't focus on classics. Shows from 5 years ago wouldn't help either since that doesn't help them to increase ratings. It's going to be more Gumball and Teen Titans Go which I'm going to say it very honestly and I think it's not a question, are money makers.
Why wouldn't it? It works for Disney Channel. Cartoon Network should try to copy what worked in the past and what still works for its competitors.
Why can't I compare US to EMEA? It's fair to say that they're nostalgic because they know that most people there are outside demo audience. My point still stands that EMEA should stay as it is because it seems the current strategy works for them. They wouldn't stick with it either if it failed. If there's content kids like, there shouldn't be a problem. Adults can go to Max for variety. It can't be that expensive. Or switch the channel for variety. People complain way too much these days. CN has been targeting kids completely since mid 2010s. It's not a new thing. Be happy what you get. Things can get a lot worse.
Belgium, like most of Western Europe, doesn't have HBO Max. We are getting it in late 2024.

Markus Nelis

Belgium, like most of Western Europe, doesn't have HBO Max. We are getting it in late 2024.
I was really talking to Central Europe audience specfically to go watch it. It seems to me most people here complain about it are from CEE area.

With Disney Channel, it depends where you live. I don't really view other feed's schedules but I know that EMEA feed doesn't air shows from 5 years ago outside of Walk the Prank. I didn't check your countries' schedule but I'm sure most Disney Channels don't air old shows. Maybe for sure it works for The Netherlands but your CN feed likes to copy the things German feeds do.

Daffyrocks

Also don't act like CN shows now suck. Craig of the Creek is fantastic Adventure Time level show. And coming soon to EMEA is Tiny Toons Looniversity. I watched it and it was enjoyable. I honestly didn't like Mighty Magiswords and PPG reboot. And these came out in mid 2010s. CN has always had some bad shows.

Overall, CN is still good, only schedulling needs fixing really. I'm glad there are some CN defenders like me. It's not that bad. I don't see it being bad.
Yeah. Sorry but I still think all the kids channels everywhere need to be relevant for those who still prefer to watch linear TV only. CN Nordic, for example, is doing a great job in this case. If it weren't for the ex-German team, we probably wouldn't be that boring on the line-up.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

CN left OSN when the region had CN Africa and now it will return to OSN but under the localized feed created in 2016. At the time, the change of feed proved to be awful for the viewers, for what I recall

Reactions: J10

Francisque

5 years isn't that big time lapse anyway, it isn't very hard for a channel to show something from 5 years ago (or less).

Have channels really become so boring, predictable and no risk taking?

Yeah. Sorry but I still think all the kids channels everywhere need to be relevant for those who still prefer to watch linear TV only. CN Nordic, for example, is doing a great job in this case. If it weren't for the ex-German team, we probably wouldn't be that boring on the line-up.
I accept streaming might become even more relevant in the future, but it's no big excuse for such a lack of imagination on a schedule in general: people still pay for a channel.
We're not talking about having loads of classics there or even some, just use some of the more recent archive.

Granted, it's not my first priority, but 6 hrs of Gumball is QUITE excessive

StrikersSeventyOG

Off-Topic:
Look Like Zaslav plans to merge with Paramount which owns Nickelodeon and if this happens.
The crossover between Nick and Cartoon Network will be stronger than before. Paramount will have
The Willy Wonka franchise is back alongside Looney Tunes but with added Harry Potter, and others.

What do you guys think about this possible merger with another company?
Do you think it will happen or may be not? Who knows.

Markus Nelis

I doubt people pay for TV just to watch one channel. People can easily switch to another channel. I honestly watch other channels more than CN even when my feed has a pretty darn good schedule outside of the 6 hour TTG marathon. Main reason CN Nordic even is good is thanks to a big reshuffle with ex-Boomerang shows coming to the channel.

TVArchive

Off-Topic:
Look Like Zaslav plans to merge with Paramount which owns Nickelodeon and if this happens.
The crossover between Nick and Cartoon Network will be stronger than before. Paramount will have
The Willy Wonka franchise is back alongside Looney Tunes but with added Harry Potter, and others.

Some Nickelodeon shows may be cancelled due to taxes. And so, many channels return home to Warner

Daffyrocks

Off-Topic:

Let's just pretend this wasn't brought on. Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts